AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have a potential 195cm mid on our hands and our other pick up is 189cm mid.

Our spine of Hurley, Hooker, Daniher and Carlise is one of the best young spines going around. Yet if these two can get regular midfield games alongside Heppell, Goddard, Myers and Watson our midfield will be nearly as big!!!
What makes you think Langford will be a mid?

Someone who will remain nameless told me back at the start of October that we were real keen, so we've obviously been keeping close tabs for a while, but anyway, I'm stoked.

The only negative thing I have to say about him is that he hasn't shown that he can win his own ball, but at 70 kilos I'm inclined to think that's simply body shape related, because he is incredibly skinny (like Marty Gleeson skinny). He's a genuine aerial freak who breaks lines and can cut up sides if given the space.

Welcome Kyle!

Looks like there is a lot to work with here. Those highlights show me a tall midfielder for sure. Looks like he has a sense of the traffic around him and has plenty of tools. A nice kicking action and backs himself to take a grab. His attitude combined with our development are the important ingredients moving forward.

4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snoop Dog on draft thread compares him to Kouta. Meelikes.

I guess that's coz of his marking ability? I think its what we need, he might need a year of body development before he shows something, then again they might plonk him forward

Almost forget we had another pick with the excitement around Jayden :D

Someone who will remain nameless told me back at the start of October that we were real keen, so we've obviously been keeping close tabs for a while, but anyway, I'm stoked.

The only negative thing I have to say about him is that he hasn't shown that he can win his own ball, but at 70 kilos I'm inclined to think that's simply body shape related, because he is incredibly skinny (like Marty Gleeson skinny). He's a genuine aerial freak who breaks lines and can cut up sides if given the space.

Welcome Kyle!

Hird made a big deal about pointing out that he wins his own ball.

Both seem to mark and kick well. Transition to AFL and we have 2 good players.

Add in the firming selection of Jake Long and that's 3 185cm+ smooth moving midfield types brought in this year, Laverde and Langford also bring that POD of being seriously capable in the air (Kyle especially), we've clearly identified a need.

Back