AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The most interesting outcome (after Laverde tearing it up for years after Boekhorst gets delisted) is the repercussions of how we knew enough about Carlton's drafting to risking pulling something like this off. I'd be a ******* pisser if it turned out we had another mole.
Someone posted on Twitter (apparently from an informed source) that they would take Boekhurst at 19 and DVR at 28.

art-kyle-langford.jpg

This photo needs more love.

Someone posted on Twitter (apparently from an informed source) that they would take Boekhurst at 19 and DVR at 28.
Before the draft? Thats pretty funny if true. Makes me feel better about our senior management leaking to the media like a sieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, was reading Skippos' draft profile for Langford in regards to his height.
It's also worth noting that he has a really, really long neck. This might not be considered important by many but when considering his height, it is. From ground to shoulder, Langford probably is only the same height as a 183-185cm player. His vertical reach will likely be reflected in this and therefore level he can take his marking to in the AFL. Height is an easy way to briefly consider someone's physical capabilities and upside in that regard. In Langford's case, it's a bit misleading. He'll always have the 'relevant' height of a small, and even when he fills out his body - he's likely not going to be a 'big bodied' midfielder type as quite simply, his shoulders are at the same level as many six foot players
Its an interesting way to look at it.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-28/langford-wanted-to-be-a-bomber
Langford wanted to be a Bomber
Shane Potter November 28, 2014 2:03 PM
BTV: 2014 Draft - Adrian Dodoro - November 27, 2014List Manager Adrian Dodoro brings us a wrap from the 2014 National Draft.

A phone call from list manager Adrian Dodoro just hours out from the National Draft had new recruit Kyle Langford hoping to be drafted to the Bombers.

Langford was taken with selection 17 in Thursday night’s draft after earlier being tipped as a potential top ten prospect.

It was an early birthday present for the 17 year old that celebrates his 18th birthday on Monday.

The versatile forward said a phone call from Dodoro late on Thursday afternoon assured him it was the red and black he wanted to be wearing in 2015.

“I couldn’t believe when my name actually did get called out, it has been a long time waiting and Essendon are a terrific club so I am stoked to be a part of it,” Langford said.

“They were the club going into the draft that I really wanted to go to.”

“I got a call earlier on today from Adrian and he said a few things but other than that I had no idea.

“It was as much of a surprise to me as it was to everybody else.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-11-28/langford-wanted-to-be-a-bomber

Is it overly optimistic to hope the conditioning staff have learned from going "too much, too soon" on Myers and Pears?

I agree with your summation. I don't like players getting too big because it is primarily an aerobic game. 5 to 7kgs over 2 or 3 pre-seasons will make me happy.

Loved the reaction by the lad....genuinely pumped! The parents arguably more!! So much for the doom & gloom of parents not wanting their kids coming to Essendon...Haters!

We will thrive!

Maybe that reaction tells us he was a Bomber boy prior to being drafted.

probably been mentioned but what if langford told efc that carlton said they would draft him at 19 if still available..so dodoro knew he wouldnt slide to their pick 20 and rolled the dice on Laverde sliding. either way im super excited about these picks. after all the footage I had laverde as someone I really wanted but didnt think there was much chance we would get him at 17 let alone 20. good job dodoro!

probably been mentioned but what if langford told efc that carlton said they would draft him at 19 if still available..so dodoro knew he wouldnt slide to their pick 20 and rolled the dice on Laverde sliding. either way im super excited about these picks. after all the footage I had laverde as someone I really wanted but didnt think there was much chance we would get him at 17 let alone 20. good job dodoro!
That would be extremely unsportsmanlike, and I doubt we would want anymore controversy. I'm just gonna say it was a Dodoro masterclass :)

Back