Carlton
ema3e2ys.jpg

yarran13

Team Captain
May 5, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome Cam. I'm warming to the pick up. As someone else has said, having him in the bullants hopefully giving first use to our newer mids could be of great benefit, hopefully he can do that atleast.

Windhover

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2010
Ruffy
AFL Club
Carlton
Really hope the big fellow does well. I rated him when he went to Collingwood and regard the talk that he failed at Brisbane as just that - talk. It is true he did not impress at Collingwood.

Analysing the pick, it is simple to see why he was picked, as a big mature-bodied back-up first ruck in the event that both K and W cannot play since neither Rowe nor Caz should play as first ruck. In that capacity he doesn't have to star (or even play if K/W stand up all year), he just has to prevent the other side from getting first use of the ball unopposed. A ruckman that doesn't win a hit-out but prevents an armchair ride for the opposition mids might justify his selection just on that basis (depending on circs).

This rookie pick is therefore streets ahead of the Nick Hayne pick a few years ago. Then, no one on this board could even begin to explain to me why he had been picked and, as things progressed, whatever hidden talents Hayne had that had attracted our recruiters to a mid from another club that was weak and getting weaker in mids (the aints) remained hidden and the wasted rookie pick left as unspectacularly as he arrived. (The welcome Nick Hayne thread was quickly closed because others thought I was having a go at him, which was completely untrue. Nor was I having a go at the recruiters, I just wanted to understand why.)

In breaking news the Collingwood teal ady and bootstudder have been snapped up by the blues in a $500 K package that will see the further importation of pie culture (I know, an oxymoron) to Carlton. Who next? Eddie?

Don't come too close to our enclosure lest you wear a turd.

I commend you on your timely community service announcement.

Okay folks, traffic update. The off ramp to the Collingwood sewer tunnel has been closed due to a methane explosion after a Sunbeam truck overturned. The s**t has really hit the fan. Seek other routes when travelling.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Didn't expect us to adopt Cameron Wood so readily and I'm particularly happy we're more than willing to back our recruiters and also give Cam a go.

Don't think he'll be leaving too much behind after being given the vote of faith. Good on him.

Well if we didn't adopt him we'd all look a bit silly when he kicks the winning goal after the siren for us in the 2014 GF wouldn't we?

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
It's a funny place to be in for wood.

It doesn't matter if he trains his arse off or just does the bare minimum.

The only reason he will play is if both kreuzer and warnock are injured. Even his form is pretty much irrelevant.

I Guess getting 55k to play the same standard he was last year doesn't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait till we do our first Cameron wood chant.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEERRRRRRROONNNNNNNN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

That'll give eddie the shits

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC

That'll give eddie the shits

That would be gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Dont mind Banfield as like Wood for you guys, it costs nothing and helps our reserve's.

Neither do I and I think he fits your needs nicely. I've been saying for a while now that Richmond are starting to look pretty structurally sound for the first time in years in terms of the player types you've got at the club, but an opportunistic smaller forward was something you lacked. I never rated Nahas, so I think you've done well again during the recruiting period to build a playing list.

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Neither do I and I think he fits your needs nicely. I've been saying for a while now that Richmond are starting to look pretty structurally sound for the first time in years in terms of the player types you've got at the club, but an opportunistic smaller forward was something you lacked. I never rated Nahas, so I think you've done well again during the recruiting period to build a playing list.

You've jumped the gun mate... Its not April for another 8 or so months.

You've jumped the gun mate... Its not April for another 8 or so months.

It's actually just over 4 months away. Happy to hear you are out of your coma. Anything you need catching up on?

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood

One step closer to Collingwood? :D

But seriously, CWood is a decent player - just needs the right attitude. He's quite talented but did not have the work ethic in the past. He might turn out to be a bargain.

Back