Welcome New Posters - Drop in and say hi

A thread for new Carlton posters.

The place can be intimidating sometimes and those who have been around a long time tend to forget that it is hard to find your voice in this place when you are new to the scene.

Many have long standing friendships and net relationships, some funny, some confrontational, some downright confusing.

Consider this thread a decent starting point if you just want to check in, say hi, be welcomed etc. Give people a sense of where you are from and your history as a supporter.

Give others a chance to see what you are about, before you get thrown to the wolves.

May your first words in here be well received.

Old stagers, be wary of taking on newbs in this thread. Curl up the outer edges of your mouth ... look in the mirror .... the thing you are seeing is called a smile. Try to maintain that while posting in this thread. ;)

Great idea ODN, get on board rookies!

I am actually trying to resurrect my posting career on this board after a terrible 2010. Over the years I have likened myself to Callum Chambers, always promised so much pre season but delivered very little! I hope to be more value in 2011.

Welcome back Tony Lynn 15!!

TL, we know who you are. You do know that your virginity does not grow back just because you abstain for a while ... right?

I am actually taking tablets for that as we speak, will let you know the results once my prescription runs its course!

If TL15 can kick 9 point goals in a GF this board is open for all! :thumbsu:

Very true.

I always felt with Callum that if ever teams challenged us to a running race over 800 metres we would be installed as premiership favourites.

Don't ever forget Ian Prendergast's bomb in a pre season GF as well!

Australian_bush02.jpg

it's safe - really.

Knackers26

You're F#%*ing out!!!
Mar 18, 2009
In the past
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Peter Deans fist
Yeah g'day, I post on the Bay every now and again but just usually read threads on the Carlton Board. Whenever I do post, sadly most of the time I reckon im ignored.
I seem to get sucked into Bay13 threads through murderous hatred towards the hatred for the Navy Blues. Its unwarranted:D
Anyway, I love my Blues, study this forum daily on updates on injuries, training, form, rookies etc.
Im heading to Brisvegas to see the baggers v GC with a few mates and wags for my first interstate Blues game.
The window opens this year, and I am amongst it:thumbsu:

Yeah g'day, I post on the Bay every now and again but just usually read threads on the Carlton Board. Whenever I do post, sadly most of the time I reckon im ignored.
I seem to get sucked into Bay13 threads through murderous hatred towards the hatred for the Navy Blues. Its unwarranted:D
Anyway, I love my Blues, study this forum daily on updates on injuries, training, form, rookies etc.
Im heading to Brisvegas to see the baggers v GC with a few mates and wags for my first interstate Blues game.

With a name like Knackers, you're bound to get a bagging

GoingFor17

Senior List
Dec 6, 2010
New York
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, San Francisco Giant
I guess I may as well introduce myself too...I've been visiting BF for about two years and have just decided to sign up, purely because I enjoy reading threads more than posting (I only really post when I have something to say). At this stage it looks like I'll have a lot of free time next year so I'll be available to attend a whole lot more training sessions which will be good, because I have never really had enough time to head down and check it out on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to a big year from our boys and I'm excited to see how they'll go.

I guess I may as well introduce myself too...I've been visiting BF for about two years and have just decided to sign up, purely because I enjoy reading threads more than posting (I only really post when I have something to say). At this stage it looks like I'll have a lot of free time next year so I'll be available to attend a whole lot more training sessions which will be good, because I have never really had enough time to head down and check it out on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to a big year from our boys and I'm excited to see how they'll go.

Welcome aboard GoingFor17.

I have the feeling it is going to be a very good ride for Blues supporters in 2011!

I look forward to your training reports!! :D

Welcome Knackers, stick to the Blues board!

I have bought a crow bar this year, the window will be officially opening!! :)

Judderson

Cancelled
Jul 2, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
May as well post in here, although I'm not a 'rookie' as such. I've been a forum lurker for the better part of this year, I think it was after the Essendon game in Round 3 from memory {very dark day that one was}. I joined a few months later and have been posting here and there, but as mentioned by others, I'm also one of those who likes to read more than post. When I can, I attend training sessions and try to provide information on what happened, although my first report was today. As the name suggests, I have the obvious man-love for Judd {who doesn't?}, and, of course, a kind of stalkerish love of the man in 23, Hendo. I love reading the opinions of others on this board, although quite often, I don't agree, but half of the time, they're trolls anyway.

Although I'm pretty young, I still think I have a good understanding of footy, and with holidays on now, I should be able to post a little more often.

Back