Multiplat Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Golf

Remove this Banner Ad

getting some shite reviews due to the lack of content
Similar to the F1 game then. Interesting. Maybe developing sports for next gen for "niche" sports (compared to NFL and soccer I mean) utilised so much of the budget they couldn't work on additional features.

Reviews not great, especially the career mode. Lack of courses/players is no major as you assume they will come such is the way of gaming these days.
Just hope multiplayer stacks up okay as playing with mates is where it is at.

Been playing it on Xbox one ea access for free for the last few days, couple of hours a night. While the negative reviews are warranted in some cases, like lack of courses and lack of online game modes I think if you liked tiger Woods you will like this. Daily and weekly online tournaments are fun, if enough people buy it the head to head 4 player matches will be good as well, I think it connects you to opponents world wide and not just in australia as well which is a bonus, low player base shouldn't be so much of a issue and ping doesn't really matter in a game like this. I have also bought it on ps4, have it pre loaded and ready to go.

Plays fine , pretty much like tiger Woods. There's arcade modes where you can turbo and spin the ball and a ball arc telling you where the ball will land and putting line, or there's pro modes where you can have no turbo, no spin, no arc, no putting line and you can't even zoom in to see where you are aiming, you just stand at the tee and see what you can see... and you can tweak the ones you want on and off so most online games are slightly different.

I don't like how you can just aim and it will give you the correct power, rather than telling you what percentage power you need on the shot to land the ball at the marker.

Also the zoom to target is too slow.

I would be so happy for a PGA tour 2005 remaster, would never need another golf game again.

I'm really undecided as to whether to pick this up or not. The reviews haven't exactly been glowing, and career mode is a huge sell for me. To hear that it's lacking is disappointing.

I'm really undecided as to whether to pick this up or not. The reviews haven't exactly been glowing, and career mode is a huge sell for me. To hear that it's lacking is disappointing.
I just checked and there is 12 or 13 courses not the 8 that is being reported in some places. There is a fair bit to do. If you want to work on your golfer in single player and build him up for online, get all the clubs and best gear it's still gonna keep you pretty entertained. I'm enjoying it anyway. Depends what your expectations are I guess..

Game plays fine but I struggle to see it holding my attention like Tiger Woods 14. Its very limited on features and I'm probably still enjoying the Golf Club over this.

If deciding between the two (which I am) Which would you recommend. I prefer games with good careers etc, obviously not Rory's strong point, is the golf clubs any good?

I have only played the golf club on pc but I thought it was bloody awful, hence I will be getting this on ps4 instead of the golf club. This seems more polished to me.

If deciding between the two (which I am) Which would you recommend. I prefer games with good careers etc, obviously not Rory's strong point, is the golf clubs any good?
Both season/career modes are VERY similar in having very limited features but honestly, the Golf Club has a ton more courses and it always remains fresh for that reason. Rory has no schedule, prize money or any sort of trophy section to keep track of what you've accomplished.

Also price comes into consideration. Pay 79$ for a newer release with glossier graphics or or go the sub 20$ route and probably pump more hours into it. For now ill play Rory but they'd want to add some content ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also price comes into consideration. Pay 79$ for a newer release with glossier graphics or or go the sub 20$ route and probably pump more hours into it. For now ill play Rory but they'd want to add some content ASAP.
price is pretty steep on the au psn store. $99.95.

price is pretty steep on the au psn store. $99.95.

yeah, I thought this as well as I was going to get the digital version as the trade in value will diminish pretty quick for this game I think and with it not being an annual release.

But seeing the price in the PSN store compared to the disc, I'll be getting the disc tomorrow. Aint paying $100 for a golf game with the amount of courses on it.

picking up my copy tonight after work, Dont know how im going to work it all with the Open starting tonight as well. Too much golf!!!!

yeah, I thought this as well as I was going to get the digital version as the trade in value will diminish pretty quick for this game I think and with it not being an annual release.

But seeing the price in the PSN store compared to the disc, I'll be getting the disc tomorrow. Aint paying $100 for a golf game with the amount of courses on it.
Yeah I wanted the digital version. Half my collection of games is digital and the other half discs, I play the digital games more just because of the convenience, if I plan on playing a game a fair bit I want digital these days.

Ended up getting it for $60 us from the US psn store , which is like $81 au, so somewhere in between the physical copy and the au psn price.

just get it from EB Games, they will price match JB Hi-fi's price which is $79.

Just finished downloading the update and to start playing and we lose power. Get f*****!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back