Rosa wants out (he didn't really ;))

Remove this Banner Ad

nah just trying to trick you all, but is interesting to go over these trade threads to see if opinions have change or if there still the same from years gone.

I still think we should trade Fraser Gehrig if he wants to go home :mad:

But Rosa said he was open to discussions earlier if that was what the club wanted.

Doesn't sound like very much to me at all.

It sounds like we haven't tabled him an offer yet.

We'll get to Rosa soon enough, one contract at a time.

With all the injuries he has had it is not surprised he hasn't been offered a contract but if he keeps this form up to the bye i dare say they will offer him a contract pretty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Rosa said he was open to discussions earlier if that was what the club wanted.
Doesn't sound like very much to me at all.
It sounds like we haven't tabled him an offer yet.
We'll get to Rosa soon enough, one contract at a time.

IMO if he leaves due to a big money offer from one of the lower ranked vic teams (eg: St Kilda, Melbourne, Dogs)
He would have made a big mistake.

With all the injuries he has had it is not surprised he hasn't been offered a contract but if he keeps this form up to the bye i dare say they will offer him a contract pretty soon.

Perhaps contract negotiations with Gaff and NN are holding things up a little as well.

But you're right Chris, if he keeps playing the way he is now, we won't want to muck around for too long.

I cant see Rosa getting a big offer from anyone. He is one of those under the radar types that some clubs might take but wouldn't seek out.
We would get SFA in compensation for him and i would much rather he stayed on with us

I cant see Rosa getting a big offer from anyone. He is one of those under the radar types that some clubs might take but wouldn't seek out.
We would get SFA in compensation for him and i would much rather he stayed on with us

If i was a Victorian club seeking an outside runner i would be looking very hard at Matt Rosa.

Tall and runs all day. There would be a good handful of clubs that would fight over Rosa.

I would wager that perhaps they have already sought to grab his attention.

Perhaps contract negotiations with Gaff and NN are holding things up a little as well.

But you're right Chris, if he keeps playing the way he is now, we won't want to muck around for too long.

Whats the go with Gaff? Its been very quite on his front as last time his contract was up there was chatter he was going to leave. He might have also already singed an extension last year like we did with Shuey a few years back.

I rate Rosa higher than Matt White but when you say "under the radar types" Do you think the Matt White situation is a good comparison? Was a decent outside runner at Richmond but got an offer of about 350k for 3 years and promise of more game time from Port and he decided to move.

I rate Rosa higher than Matt White but when you say "under the radar types" Do you think the Matt White situation is a good comparison? Was a decent outside runner at Richmond but got an offer of about 350k for 3 years and promise of more game time from Port and he decided to move.

180cm to 191cm.

Matt White is a good player but that height mismatch makes Rosa a very intriguing proposition.

Whats the go with Gaff? Its been very quite on his front as last time his contract was up there was chatter he was going to leave. He might have also already singed an extension last year like we did with Shuey a few years back.

NFI.

Pretty sure he is out of contract though.

Signed a two year extension back in 12 if memory serves me correct.

NN's big contract would be holding up other deals as well, i dare say NN is stalling til he is in form again....which trickles down to delaying other contracts.

Just a guess.

I would possibly consider it the same. As an opposing supporter i would not consider Matt White at all. I don't think he ever did anything at richmond and decent is pushing his tigers output. I guess port have seen something they like and he would jump at that deal for sure.

I would think Rosa would be about a 350 player for us so would take 400-450 to get him out. 28 at the end of the season so would have to be a club thinking they are contending

Carlton
Collingwood - Recently got Clinton Young, similar type
Essendon - maybe
Geelong - have a lot of outside run options
Hawthorn - Have Hill / Smith on the wings already and probably targeting frawley
Melbourne
Richmond - maybe
North - maybe
St Kilda - Would probably see him as a similar type to Farren Ray and same age
Bulldogs - have younger similar types but could lose a lot of experience

Been playing good footy at the monent, so it would be a shame to lose him, but seeing how open he is to considering his options esp. being an interstate player; if we don't lock him in early, it'll depend on if another team decides to offer him a better offer than us.

180cm to 191cm.

Matt White is a good player but that height mismatch makes Rosa a very intriguing proposition.
Rosa does s**t all with his height though. He never uses it to his advantage and rarely takes a contested mark. So not really sure this has a factor in anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back