News Ross Lyon Interviews SEN & 882

Remove this Banner Ad

Full RTB interview on SEN yesterday here

Here is another interview yesterday with Ross. It's towards the end.

Also a Fyfe interview on ABC yesterday.

Great work Harry Reems, are you planning to update this thread each week with the links?

I always find the 6pr one strangely difficult to locate...

Happy to, others often post the interviews first though which is fine by me.

Sometimes 882 6PR forget to upload the links from the Monday night interviews, which really grinds my gears.

For those interested, Ross Lyon is interviewed live on 882 on Monday nights at 6.20pm.

I can see players like Sheridan, Neale, C Pearce getting a lot more time in the middle and having players like Walters doing small stints through the middle with Mundy and Fyfe rested a lot more in the back and forward line so if we need them they are ready to go.

Having a rested Mundy and Fyfe in the last quarter is wonderful luxury that won us the game vs Port.

Last edited:
Interesting words regarding Clancee's role on Boak from Ross on 882... "As long as our team's working hard together, you don't necessarily just have a lock down role on those players. I think we can take a bit out of that and evolve that a bit further moving forward." (Not an exact quote but as close as I can get.)

Music to my ears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit like it was with Harvey ?

Harvey's radio interviews never quite grabbed me the same way Ross' do for some reason Fred.

Frankly I didn't mind Harvey too much as a coach. For the majority of his tenure I thought he was the best coach we'd had so far by a fair margin. I was genuinely sorry for him when he was sacked, and I still think that transition was poorly handled by the club. While IMO Ross is clearly twice the coach Harvey was, I'm still strangely glad Harv is still coaching at senior level - much like Matty Pavlich, I have a lasting respect for the bloke.

Langdon's comments about Duffy were a bit bewildering. Duffy has a lot of good traits but I don't think he is blessed with speed. Unless Karl was talking about being quick with his hands or maybe quick minded - not sure - but no wonder Ross was confused by the statement.
Fyfe is a very good speaker, quite articulate and he didn't just paste a bunch of bland footy cliches together like many footballers in the media do.

Langdon's comments about Duffy were a bit bewildering. Duffy has a lot of good traits but I don't think he is blessed with speed. Unless Karl was talking about being quick with his hands or maybe quick minded - not sure - but no wonder Ross was confused by the statement.
Fyfe is a very good speaker, quite articulate and he didn't just paste a bunch of bland footy cliches together like many footballers in the media do.

Duffy went for a long sprint in the last Nab cup game against the Eagles, left them for dead which really impressed Karl.

I think Duffy has some wheels, but looking fast against the much heralded WC midfield is perhaps not the biggest test in the league!!!

Like having Duffy up our sleeve for some of the lesser teams later in the year. Has a great field kick on him that I wish a few of our regulars could emulate.

But Duffy is on the rookie list.......

As far as that dangerous kick off half back into the corridor, which can really open an attacking play right up, Duffy is one of the most adept in our team. Seen him do it on a number of occasions; not afraid to take the risk and take the game on. Think he'll be an important contributor for us once he irons out a few other issues he has (often getting caught holding the ball, needs to be a bit less goal hungry in the forward 50).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back