News Ross Lyon on 882 6PR 25/08/2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with dumping s**t on the opposition, but team boards isn't the place to do it unless they have a dedicated banter thread. Even then, there is a requirement to be more respectful on another team's board. Over time, opposition posters can become respected enough to get away with more liberal posting on certain team boards. The Speaker (Essendon) and Keyser Soze (West Coast) are two that come to mind here.

After we get raided during the finals by a bunch of peanuts from other clubs and one of the mods has to sift through the crap and tidy up all the threads again, you will understand.

Bay 13 is a cesspool of swirling filth and rampant abuse and can be highly entertaining.
Love your work Reg. The last line was particularly evocative, and almost poetic.

Reminds me of when We were about to play the bombres in round 4.

They had just touched up the Blooze as well. http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/3/ess-v-carl
I said at the time that we would not turn the ball over as much as the Blooze did.

I knew we didn't have Fyfe and Barlow that game but I forgot about Walters and Mayne. I am less nervous about this game now

Plus Taberner and Crozier weren't playing and in form like they are now

There have also been a few times under Ross where a player was "unlikely" on Monday and then met all KPIs on Thursday and was a "surprise inclusion" so we'll have to see what happens on Thursday. Generally if a player is legitimately a week away they say so

It is still difficult to alleviate the inevitable crushing sense of dread that is associated with a long term fremantle membership though

A training run against Carlton can't exactly be ideal preparation for a high intensity finals like game either, reckon it's going to prove hugely beneficial that we played Geelong/Hawks just before the finals.
I didn't see the game on friday night - as I was occupied with sipping mead and gnawing on spit roasted lamb down south. But Carlton have been pretty competitive over the last month or so, taking it up to the top teams regularly. Were Port just that damn good? Or did Carlton revert to their early season form?

I didn't see the game on friday night - as I was occupied with sipping mead and gnawing on spit roasted lamb down south. But Carlton have been pretty competitive over the last month or so, taking it up to the top teams regularly. Were Port just that damn good? Or did Carlton revert to their early season form?

port was running around witches hats, least competitive performance from Carlton for the year.

Love your work Reg. The last line was particularly evocative, and almost poetic.
4 posts in the bay and he's banned again already.

I'm a terrible mentor. :oops:

I watched most of it and make no mistake that was not the same team which almost beat us AND Geelong in consecutive weeks. Port were good no doubt but there was just no effort from Carlton.

port was running around witches hats, least competitive performance from Carlton for the year.
Yep, they are/were trying to drop further down on percentage. What's the bet that they get flogged by the Bombers, hope the Bulldogs beat GWS and move up a pick.

Pretty sure Mick said they were tired and to make the game shorter. I hate it how every winge just makes our motto longer
Any team
Any where
Any time (including after bedtime)
Any match duration
Any ref etc etc.

Yep, they are/were trying to drop further down on percentage. What's the bet that they get flogged by the Bombers, hope the Bulldogs beat GWS and move up a pick.

Carlton are making sure they finish 13th like West Coast did last year - that way they'll get a better draw next year.
Cynical, but there's a big difference between 12th and 13th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was probably the real reason why he was banned, many here know what happens when you troll other team boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did warn him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back