Rumour Ross Lyon to coach Carlton from 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably why Ross Lyon was meeting Ken Sheldon back in June, but all the nuffies on here declared he was going to coach them.

Would be a good get, although Barker hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

I don't get the Ross Lyon to carlton talk. He's contracted. Maybe in three years time, but if that was the case Lloyd wouldn't be going for the job and Carlton would be more interested in appointing barker as a transition coach

Probably why Ross Lyon was meeting Ken Sheldon back in June, but all the nuffies on here declared he was going to coach them.

Would be a good get, although Barker hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

I thought that was pretty common knowledge that Sheldon was meeting with Lyon to talk about Lloyd.

1) Oscar may not want to play football
2) even if he does, he may not be any good
3) even if he's any good, the afl will change the father son rule so you had to have played at least 100 matches, but less than 103, you must have worn a jumper number higher than the day of the month you were born and you had to have been sub for 11 matches. Also you have to hang to the left and be able to recite all the words of I'm an individual

IF he somehow makes it through all that, and he decides to nominate, I think he'd pick Carlton, presumably having grown up
in Melbourne.

At least that's what I tell myself when I'm curled up in the foetal position watching my team play these days...

Course that's what they WANT you to think ;)

We actually are 3 steps ahead of the media.

The Lyon meetings are about putting everyone on the Lloyd scent.

Then the Lloyd meetings were all about getting his judgement on our real target.

It is no co-incidence that 3 Votes C.Judd is on the Coach selection panel.

Below is evidence that has surfaced of 3 Votes C.Judd first setting up a meeting with our real target.

0.jpg

and below again is an image of his leaked power-point presentation.

hqdefault.jpg

Every team he has coached has gotten to the Grand Final.. I'd say those are pretty good list development skills.

That's a misleading stat though - both the Saints and Freo were strongish teams when he got there. If we're looking at coaches who have developed lists to GF's from weak positions in recent times, you've got Clarkson, Malthouse, Bomber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team he has coached has gotten to the Grand Final.. I'd say those are pretty good list development skills.

Yeah and every team he has left behind has gone straight to the bottom of the table. He gets the best out of his peak-age players but he leaves lists worn out and lacking young talent. Carlton don't need someone to get the best out of players at their peak, they need someone to develop them to start with - an Alan Richardson rather than a Ross Lyon.

Yeah and every team he has left behind has gone straight to the bottom of the table. He gets the best out of his peak-age players but he leaves lists worn out and lacking young talent. Carlton don't need someone to get the best out of players at their peak, they need someone to develop them to start with - an Alan Richardson rather than a Ross Lyon.
So we should we pass on Lyon because he could get the best out of Murphy, Gibbs, Everitt, Thomas, Curnow, Yarran, Kreuzer, Henderson, Bell, Tuohy, White, Rowe and Casboult?

Huh?

One of the last three could be Lyon's next Dawson who played his role at two clubs.

Ross wouldn't burn Menzel, Cripps, Docherty, Graham, Jaksch, Buckley, Whiley, Byrne, Holman, Sheehan and Boekhorst. He'll have a top three pick to work with like he did with Goddard and Hill.

Think it will be Simon Lloyd. Has coaching experience that is complemented by his work as a psychologist, development coach and high performance manager.

Bolton and Barker had the advantage of being familiar with the players in their stints as a caretaker coach. We tried that with Ratten who took over from Pagan before he was appointed. An outsider will come in with a clean slate and won't have any favourites amongst the playing group.

Last edited:
I thought that was pretty common knowledge that Sheldon was meeting with Lyon to talk about Lloyd.

Everyone thought that - until he got ultra defensive from the hard hitting questions from Lachy Read (LOL).

Post needs more myths and hyperbole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back