Rumour Ross Lyon to coach Carlton from 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's list isnt that bad. the players just werent playing for malthouse. they have improved under Barker , just look at the stats

Not good enough:
Carrazzo, Wood, Warnock, Walker, Watson, Dick, Jones, Rowe, Tutt, Armfield, Whiley, Curnow, Casboult, Ellard, White

Perpetually injured players:
Thomas, Giles

Unknown youth:
Boekhorst, Jaksch, Viojo-Rainbow, Holman, Smith, Foster, Walsh, Fields, Johnson, Byrne, Sheehan

Best 22 youth:
Graham, Docherty, Menzel, Cripps, Bell, Buckley

Decent senior players (underperforming or not):
Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Henderson, Yarran, Simpson, Everitt, Jamison, Tuohy

When you consider Henderson and Yarran are significantly underperforming and may be out of here, Simpson is in the last part of his career, Jamison and Kreuzer could be in the perpetually injured category and Everitt and Tuohy are ok but not stars...yeah, our list has a lot of work.

It could change a bit if the unknowns become 'best 22' and guys like Tutt, Curnow, Whiley and White can make themselves good enough to be part of a top 8 team. But that's a couple of seasons away.

Ross Lyon would be the wrong fit for Carlton.
Unfortunately for Carlton there will be NO quick fix to their position .
I would chase Guy McKenna and sign him up for 5 years , Gold Coast Suns made their biggest mistake in their short history the day they flicked him .

I also have heard from a close source that I cannot reveal that Ross will be coaching Carlton next year

I have heard from an even closer source that Ross is not moving.

I can't name her, but can assure you it is true.

Ross Lyon would be the wrong fit for Carlton.
Unfortunately for Carlton there will be NO quick fix to their position .
I would chase Guy McKenna and sign him up for 5 years , Gold Coast Suns made their biggest mistake in their short history the day they flicked him .
McKenna? Hahaha, you really want to stuff Carlton!

Absolutely was not a mistake.

The biggest mistake Carlton could make would be to employ that flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but I cannot name my source but am entirely sure Ross Lyon will be Carltons coach next year
dtbaker_thumb.php

Absolutely was not a mistake.

The biggest mistake Carlton could make would be to employ that flog.

I wouldve thought 24 wins in 4 years with a team of babies with one star player was a good result .
Lets not forget his last year coached 10 wins 12 losses , Finishing 12th
Guy McKenna was employed to develop a young list which he delivered IMO , this is something Carlton will have to do .

I wouldve thought 24 wins in 4 years with a team of babies with one star player was a good result .
Lets not forget his last year coached 10 wins 12 losses , Finishing 12th
Guy McKenna was employed to develop a young list which he delivered IMO , this is something Carlton will have to do .
He didn't develop a young list.

He picked favourites and let the naturally talented players develop themselves. Why else could the players never win without Gaz? The only players who played semi-decent footy were the high draft picks (Bennell, Swallow, O'Meara). The rest struggled.

The fact that Adam Saad and Touk Miller have come into the side this year and are outperforming 3/4 of the current and older players says it all. Combine that with the countless discipline issues that have occurred throughout the year, the fact that every single player broke their previous all time running records two months into Rocket's tenure, our piss poor conditioning, and a multitude of other things (including ex-players applauding the decision of getting rid of McKenna) - it all adds up to what many people already knew.

Bluey was a terrible coach with no clue whatsoever in how to develop a club. The Suns made a stupid choice putting a rookie coach in charge with the authority to ignore the head of football operations and even the chairman. Thankfully, it's all changed and every single player is better for it.

By all means, if Carlton wants to struggle in mediocrity for another decade then they should definitely go after McKenna. But you can guarantee he'll never coach another AFL club again, and I'd honestly be surprised if he even got an assistant job at an AFL club.

I'm obviously grateful for him sticking it out and dedicating himself to our club, but he's in no way a competent coach.

He didn't develop a young list.

He picked favourites and let the naturally talented players develop themselves. Why else could the players never win without Gaz? The only players who played semi-decent footy were the high draft picks (Bennell, Swallow, O'Meara). The rest struggled.

The fact that Adam Saad and Touk Miller have come into the side this year and are outperforming 3/4 of the current and older players says it all. Combine that with the countless discipline issues that have occurred throughout the year, the fact that every single player broke their previous all time running records two months into Rocket's tenure, our piss poor conditioning, and a multitude of other things (including ex-players applauding the decision of getting rid of McKenna) - it all adds up to what many people already knew.

Bluey was a terrible coach with no clue whatsoever in how to develop a club. The Suns made a stupid choice putting a rookie coach in charge with the authority to ignore the head of football operations and even the chairman. Thankfully, it's all changed and every single player is better for it.

By all means, if Carlton wants to struggle in mediocrity for another decade then they should definitely go after McKenna. But you can guarantee he'll never coach another AFL club again, and I'd honestly be surprised if he even got an assistant job at an AFL club.

I'm obviously grateful for him sticking it out and dedicating himself to our club, but he's in no way a competent coach.

Fair enough then.
Hopefully Rocket gets the boys up and about. :thumbsu:

Have it on very good authority that Ross will move on to Carlton next season to rebuild their list.

Is very very good friends and business partner with the List Manager there and would be an excellent fit, ticks all boxes for the Blues as well.

Watch this space.
Nice piece of s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back