Mega Thread The Big Roughy IS IN THE CLEAR!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The news turned a cold winter day a whole lot colder.Take care of yourself Roughy as well as you have taken care of your multitude of fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am hearing it was a large piece of lip along with tissue taken in a 5cm diameter around the melanoma.
The plastic surgery is quite tricky & he can't not take the field until it's healed significantly.
Looking at 4 weeks minimum I'd think
5cm diameter is a lot, and if that's the case my guess is much longer than 4 weeks. I had one out and it was only the size of a 10c piece taken out. Imagine that taken off your face, ouch. I don't care how long he is out for, just hoping the prognosis is all clear asap.

Best of luck to Roughie. Normally I'd be stoked to see him as an out on the team sheet when we're playing you guys, but not like this.

Fingers crossed it all turns out well for the big fella. Easily my fave Hawks player, and a very likable bloke to boot.

Ouch ! Sounds like a considerable chunk of his lip had to be removed. Hoping for a smooth recovery for one of my favourite gingers ! Might make him consider settling down and making lots of father-sons...just to flesh out our squad on 20 years or so ::thumbs up::

No there is not. We just need to hope that it was identified early enough and that it has all been removed.

Best wishes to Roughy and his family
There is a fair chance they have got it early if as reported is correct that he gets skin checks every 3 months. Smart man if this is the case. Fingers crossed for him!

All the very best to Roughy. This is a very serious situation. Melanoma's can kill very quickly and with his type of complexion he is a real target for any form of skin cancer. Probably spent a lot of his childhood outside playing sport and if so, without the proper use of UV protection, would have started the ball rolling.

It's a worry that he's missing any time for this. A lot of the time it can be cut out in day surgery with local anesthetic and then you can go about your day just like getting a filling at the dentist. I hope this doesn't mean it's spread at all :(. Hopefully it's just time off so he doesn't need to worry about football as he gets the necessary tests done to confirm it hasn't spread.

I imagine a whack in the chops from the fullback might not be the best post operative care.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back