Roughead to miss half a season with knee injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee that's a shock. Are they sure he didn't just want an extended honeymoon?

No Hale this year either. Big shoes for McEvoy and Ceglar to fill.

Unfortunate for Roughead. One of the blokes I didn't mind from Hawthorn.

Big blow for Hawthorn. Mind you, this is a guy who kicked 70+ in 2013 and 2014, and 50 goals in 2015.
This leaves us with some questions. Does that mean 4-peat = a no for Hawthorn in 2016? Or will Shoenmakers reproduce his good Grand Final performance consistently to be an effective replacement for Roughead in the first half of the season?

Interested to see how things pan out

I'm not crying, I was just cooking onions. But while he is a great player, people are going to be pretty disappointed when our forward line gets along perfectly fine, we didn't three peat because of one player. Gunston and a horde of better than good small forwards is still a great forward line. Schoenmakers is a solid key forward and he proved it in the finals last year, and maybe it's Sicily's time to shine, he's looked good at times.

I'm not crying, I was just cooking onions. But while he is a great player, people are going to be pretty disappointed when our forward line gets along perfectly fine, we didn't three peat because of one player. Gunston and a horde of better than good small forwards is still a great forward line. Schoenmakers is a solid key forward and he proved it in the finals last year, and maybe it's Sicily's time to shine, he's looked good at times.

It most certainly isn't a 'great' forward line without him. Your smalls and mid in Gunston make up a fair bit of ground for the fact it now has no true key forward nor a goal kicking 2nd ruck, but they don't change that fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did reasonably well when he was out due to the cancer scare

Did even better when he was playing in the side but not contributing on the scoreboard as well.

Possibly because good players attract a good amount of attention whether they are in form or not.

Club and player decides to have operation to resolve soreness which continually flares up.

Those outside should take it as a sign the club is ensuring a key problem doesnt affect finals.

This club is serious that the flag is outs if we want it.

Enjoy the ride

Guessing they will play Gunston/Schoenmakers/Resting Ruck as the KPF combination

As long as they are in the 8 by the time Roughead comes back then I wouldn't be questioning their 4 peat attempt at all.

You would rather Roughy miss the first half of the seasons than the final series.

They will be there and thereabouts I presume.

More interested to see if Frawley/Gibson/Stratton hold up against the monster sized forward lines.

I cant believe Jack Gunston is only 24 and Breust only 25.
Amazing. Roughie is the senior statesman in that fwd line at 29.
Sicily is only just 21 so has time/age on his side . A fwd line with Gunston, Breust, Cyril, Sicily, Puopolo + Resting Ruck still looks good to me.

I cant believe Jack Gunston is only 24 and Breust only 25.
Amazing. Roughie is the senior statesman in that fwd line at 29.
Sicily is only just 21 so has time/age on his side . A fwd line with Gunston, Breust, Cyril, Sicily, Puopolo + Resting Ruck still looks good to me.

True but Gunston probably is not a number 1 key forward target, not naturally away. He makes a great 3rd tall though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back