Opinion Roughy needs to do more..

Remove this Banner Ad

Been watching footy since I was 14 mate I'm now 41 go jam that down your big gob! What are you? Gen Y that wouldn't surprise me!
I'm 25 years older than you sonny. And maybe you just know it all. Any way why are you sticking your nose in, do you think Hawthorn are duds too?

By the way I don't remember not following Hawthorn , it was just there, from when I can remember as a toddler . So enjoy what the greatest club in the modern era has done for you. Don't take it too seriously young fellow, remember it doesn't take long and your an old bloke with lots of experience and you see a lot of footy.

And you never kick your men in the head.

Everyone has form lapses. With all your experience and know how you should be ok with that?

He has set a million examples m,ate . And deserves every dollar he gets. He's a champion mate. A champion.

Appreciate that you're trying to defuse the 'bashing' of one of our "best" players but surely you can't argue with some of the views on this thread.. When Roughy wants to (Generally against weaker opponents) he plays like a bull, like he could run through a brick wall...Nothings gonna stop him...

And then you see the other Roughy (Generally against stronger opponents) that just looks for cheap goals from loose balls, moves like his boots are made of concrete, doesn't demand the ball and consistently puts himself in a position where he'll be a non factor..

If he had have played in 2011 prelim against Collingwood , we would have won that game.

where the hell do you think you are??? you are on bigfooty mate, not biggrammar!

"if he had OF played in 2011 prelim against collingwood, we would OF won that game"

Last one , mate, Richards is not a clown , he's a good AFL footballer. That's why he sometimes beats his opponents .

But you understand that don't you?

You are a clown. Richards is a good footballer...? F..k me, no wonder you make no sense. But I didn't realize you were Mr f..ken know it all.

30 possies 4 goals 2 weeks ago, 21 disposals against syd and franklin's 7 possies, vs bulldogs 7 goals 28 possies, 18 pos 3 goals, 15 p 2 goals, 12p 3 goals, 16pos 1 goal, 11 pos and 0 goals aganist port..

im sure he has very high standards, he can get more possies then franklin, but buddy is the one that can kick the bag of goals whereas roughy can kicik like 5-6 on a good day, prob get over 25 possies too considering he goes into the mid field a bit, so maybe the reason why he doesnt kick bags is becoz he isnt playing a full game as the FF.. buddy was getting less goals for us b4 he went to syd.. he saw the writing on the wall.. he wont b allowed to kick bags at hawks like he can at the swans or maybe he saw something else, like our team is gettin old? but not like syd has a bunch of fresh chickens either.. their best 2-3 players will retire soon.. but yeh not like they do much dmg anyway.. once our team starts retiring, its gona b pretty damn hard to keep up as teams get their players into their prime while we can lose like 10 players withint 1-3 years.. Rioli cant carry us allthe time hehe

I'm 25 years older than you sonny. And maybe you just know it all. Any way why are you sticking your nose in, do you think Hawthorn are duds too?

By the way I don't remember not following Hawthorn , it was just there, from when I can remember as a toddler . So enjoy what the greatest club in the modern era has done for you. Don't take it too seriously young fellow, remember it doesn't take long and your an old bloke with lots of experience and you see a lot of footy.

And you never kick your men in the head.

Everyone has form lapses. With all your experience and know how you should be ok with that?
My aplogies I didnt realise your age but I'm no spring chicken either.. Just saying I haven't been around just five minutes.seen a lot of footy obviously less than you though.

My aplogies I didnt realise your age but I'm no spring chicken either.. Just saying I haven't been around just five minutes.seen a lot of footy obviously less than you though.

No worries mate, we just expect our beautiful powerful club to always be up, I too get very angry and sometimes players do things that you just can't believe.

But we'll be there at the pointy end.

Pox on anyone doubting Roughy. I don't think picking any of the players 'as needing to do more' , they have all had there ups and downs as happens in a competitive high performance comp. More important is for the team to get a good start, and that's a collective thing. The coaches & players will have already spent considerable time trying to sort it out, hopefully they won't need to spend more.

Not advocating the move (too big a risk and we've gone b2b with him up forward) but Rough would go close to winning a brownlow if he played as a permanent ruckman.
He was immense there before he did his achilles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not advocating the move (too big a risk and we've gone b2b with him up forward) but Rough would go close to winning a brownlow if he played as a permanent ruckman.
He was immense there before he did his achilles.
Pretty good as a rover also.

Can someone please tell me why Rough goes at probably 60% of his overhead grabs with one hand? Is it just a bad habit he's got into? He's been doing it for a long time now. It would halve your chances of marking is say.

He's been dreadful this year and is having a diabolical game today so far. Overhead marking is pretty much non existant and yes, frustrating how he goes with one hand.

He's a gun Roughead but he's having a poor season (despite a few bully games pudding his stats). Sides have worked out he doesn't take contested marks. I think we should be playing him further up the ground in more of a midfield role.

Thought a contest in the final couple of minutes pretty much summed up his season.

Was on the lead, but when the ball was coming in he decided he could duck out the back for a cheapy as he had done several times already today along with one handed marking attempts. Gold Coast Suns defender attacks the ball and smashes it out of the area whilst Rough is out the back.

Needs to refocus his game based on a relentless attack on the football and at least bringing the ball to ground. Not out the back looking for the cheap ball or trying a cute little knock on. The amount of times he has failed to impose himself on a contest this year is alarming.

if that summed up his season, then what about the non-gather running towards an open goal?

That was just flat out poor.

But what I'm getting at is that you can be out of form but still at least create a contest.
I think that was poor by breust should have shepherded for Rough

Trying to take marks one handed is just asking to be frustrated.
A few weeks off would do him a world of good.

He's been dreadful this year and is having a diabolical game today so far. Overhead marking is pretty much non existant and yes, frustrating how he goes with one hand.

I don't know why posters hate Roughhead - have we been so successful recently that we have to hate our own players?

The forward line plays as a team, mate, it's not just one individual. Roughie doesn't go for marks too often, he brings the ball to the ground, allowing our little men to get into the action. That's why we had 3 players with more than 50 goals last year.

Roughie takes the No 1 defender. You will often see Gunston & Cyril leading and getting passes, because the goals are shared around.

It's called teamwork.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back