B: Adcock, Maguire, Gardiner
HB: Hanley, Clarke, Rich
C: Zorko, Redden, Christensen
HF: Mayes, Close, M. Robinson
F: Green, Merritt, Taylor
Foll: Leuenberger, Rockliff, D. Beams
I/C: Martin, Aish, Paparone, C. Beams

EMG: N. Robinson, Cutler, McStay Harwood, Bewick, McGuire, Bourke, Staker

In the backline I would have Hanley and Rich as the main movers of the ball out of that area, with Rich’s foot skills and also Hanley’s line breaking ability. Hanley will still get time on the ball/wing and if I was Leppa I would give him a bit of licence to really take the game on with his run and carry. Last year’s four mainstays are still there in Adcock, Maguire, Clarke and Gardiner with the latter fulfilling Patfull’s role.

Zorko has been pushed and will play more time on ball but he will still play through the forward line as a high-half forward and so will Christensen/Mayes/Taylor. Redden will be our centreman and can see him swapping in patches with Robinson as that hard defense minded mid. Luey will be first ruck mainly due to Martin being able to play a number of roles. Rocky and Beams will do what they do and can see Aish stepping up another level as well. With the added mids of Beams, Christensen and M. Robinson to our midfield this means that he will be further down the pecking order of the opposition thinking.

Up forward I can still see Merritt being that bigger body that crashes the pack and snag a goal or two a game. Freeman misses out purely that I believe that the forward line was too tall last year and that the run of games that he got at the end of the year was to give him a taste and this is why Close gets the nod and one of the two rucks will be pushed forward for times. Green will play as a small forward with limited time on the ball. Paparone showed that he played a vital role within the team, and like others, hopes another few kilos to his frame will assist him and will play through the forward/midfield. C.Beams for sub just due to not enough spots.

I can see a great amount of flexibility within our team which is a great thing. I actually see next year as a development year and expect that when one of the top 22 players goes down then it will be a younger player that comes in to take their spot. McStay, Cutler and N.Robinson will get plenty of games in the firsts throughout the year and think that they will really place pressure on the first 22 by the end of the year and hopefully be in this group in 2016. Bring on 2015!!!!
McStay will McKeep his spot and play a full season, will be 10x better then Yeo

Does a fit McGuane give us anything up forward?? Seems to be the forgotten man in all of this, I'm thinking if he is 100% he may be just ahead of Freeman. Freeman is the future but I get the feeling he may spend more time in the NEAFL working on different aspects of his game. I have nothing to back this up, just thinking out loud.

Does a fit McGuane give us anything up forward?? Seems to be the forgotten man in all of this, I'm thinking if he is 100% he may be just ahead of Freeman. Freeman is the future but I get the feeling he may spend more time in the NEAFL working on different aspects of his game. I have nothing to back this up, just thinking out loud.

McGuane more of a third tall up forward. Freeman a full forward. Can still see McGuane being able to make an impact as a third tall type.

McGuane more of a third tall up forward. Freeman a full forward. Can still see McGuane being able to make an impact as a third tall type.
And improve our forward pressure, but how is his knee?

McGuane is a spud. No way he should be in our side. Get the young blokes in there and let them develop.

McGuane is a spud. No way he should be in our side. Get the young blokes in there and let them develop.

Can't underestimate having a big body in the forward line to let the kids develop by not getting the best defenders each week. The same reason Merrett was played forward this year and Staker/McGuane/Merrett will be played forward next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He averaged 5 disposals over 3 games. Woeful

As mentioned, he was injured. Which is why he had surgery and missed 2014. He can still add a bit to our senior side. Capable of a goal a game. Not to mention the experience and big body he adds too. Hardly going to hold back any of our younger kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back