List Mgmt. Round 1, 2015 Full strength team

Remove this Banner Ad

Bewick is such an interesting player. He has shown potential in almost every position. Forward, back, midfield, wing, tagger, run with player. All bar ruck basically. If he built consistency he could end up seriously good.

Bewick is such an interesting player. He has shown potential in almost every position. Forward, back, midfield, wing, tagger, run with player. All bar ruck basically. If he built consistency he could end up seriously good.
He played 19 matches in 2013 and 16 in 2014. Says he is in the side more than out and some injury breaks there.

He played the last 12 straight last year averaging 20 disposals. Should be there round 1

He played 19 matches in 2013 and 16 in 2014. Says he is in the side more than out and some injury breaks there.

He played the last 12 straight last year averaging 20 disposals. Should be there round 1

I agree. I don't feel matches played reflect a guaranteed spot for him, but given he can now kick pretty damn good on his left or right foot, plus his ability to play multiple roles, I can see him from moving from fringe to best 16 in 2015.

I would of had Bewick in the team anyway because you wouldnt play 4 talls down back.
Bewick is one of my favourite players and I ideally would like to see him play 22 games next year in the seniors but I just couldn't fit him in. As for your comment about not playing 4 talls down back, if you read my original post you would have seen that I explained that decision. The structure of the backline that I named is no different to the structure that Leppa went with last year. Clarke and Maguire as the talls, Patfull as the 3rd tall with the ability to play on certain smaller types and Gardiner as a 4th tall with the ability to play small. The only difference in mine is obviously that Patfull is no longer at the club so I put Merrett in his place as he will be able to the play a very similar role to Patfull imo.

Jack Redden said in the interview with green they just put out that Ryan Lester has been a stand out this pre-season training on the half back line. Reckons he can cement a spot down there.

Jack Redden said in the interview with green they just put out that Ryan Lester has been a stand out this pre-season training on the half back line. Reckons he can cement a spot down there.
Could be front-runner to replace Patfull.

Abit off topic but why the * is green wearing that disgusting guernsey. I thought we where done with the paddle pop. Unless I was just dreaming.

Abit off topic but why the **** is green wearing that disgusting guernsey. I thought we where done with the paddle pop. Unless I was just dreaming.

Only on game day. Still the club's logo and also on the training tops.

Was it a training top though. It looked like a game day guernsey.
Didn't see the image, but the Lions were wearing paddlepop gameday guernseys today at training for match sim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting old for guys who have career continuity, but Staker has had a lot of time off. Harvey is 38 this year, Fletcher 39 or 40, there is not physical reason you cant go that long (if fit), a lot of guys retire because they mentally cant face the challenge anymore/have other things to do in life. Stakes is an excellent athlete and if he has a good year, injury free, could go on for a while. Pav is 34 this year, Lynch went on for a long time and was similar in that he missed a middle part of his career.

I'm not saying he can't but him playing on to 34 would be the exception not the norm. Especially at this ppoibt where the guys you have named are 300+ game players, outlining remarkable durability. Not two knee recos like Staker.

For what its worth though I hope you are right, would love to see staker up forward for another 3-4years.

Maybe they're saving the first on-field wearing of the new guernsey for a more public occasion.
Crossed my mind. I was actually kinda pleased by it, hoping Rd 1 would be the first time we see it, to make it special. Might be asking a bit much to skip the nab cup though. Could maybe use the clash?

Crossed my mind. I was actually kinda pleased by it, hoping Rd 1 would be the first time we see it, to make it special. Might be asking a bit much to skip the nab cup though. Could maybe use the clash?
Too much white in St Kilda's guernsey for us to wear that and the away is too similar to the home one to preserve the specialness of wearing the Home one the first time.
Previous years have allowed one off type guernseys for pre-season haven't they? Perhaps we could wear one of the training guernseys for NAB.
Given our first NAB is at "home", I think that will have to do, as far as an unveiling goes.

Based on a similar selection policy as this year and who I think will be at the club:

B: Adcock. Clarke. Patfull
HB: Dawson, Gardiner, Harwood
C: Hanley, Reddan, Paparone
HF: Taylor, Close, Zorko
F: Wright, Merrett, Green
Foll: Leuenberger, Rockliff, Aish
Int: Martin, Beams, Lester.
Sub: Rich
Emerg: McStay, pick 22(ish), Robbo, Bewick, Maguire.

Mayes left out because i forgot about him, not bacause I don't think he will be at the club. Probably would have to fight Dawson for a spot on the HBF ;)
Paparone as sub, Rich on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back