List Mgmt. Round 1, 2015 Full strength team

Remove this Banner Ad

If ure talking to me, absolutely. Look at my name haha. We missed his class last night.

I wasn't particularly talking to you I was just asking the question to whoever answered it. IMO Mayes should be in the top 22.

DanT7

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nah, I think itll be:
FB: Beams, Merrett, Gardiner
HB: Rich, Clarke, Paparone
C: Aish, Redden, Mayes
HF: Robinson, Close, Zorko
FF: Green, McStay, Taylor
Foll: Leuenberger, Rockliff, Beams
Int: Christensen, Adcock, Martin
Sub: Lester

actually McGrath as sub.
no lester.
paps and Robinson on notice.
assuming Mayes will be in side.
i wanted to place Staker, but cant justify..

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Im gonna back lester and leppa on this one. Not much more to add than that. If he fails than so be it. Cant hurt to try. Our mids are gonna help our defensive structure a heap more this year just by sheer weight of numbers if we can clean up the clearance numbers.

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
Dream Team related, but also a big fan of the Lions squad. Has Adcock's role changed a bit this season? Seems to be finding a lot of the ball on the wing.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dream Team related, but also a big fan of the Lions squad. Has Adcock's role changed a bit this season? Seems to be finding a lot of the ball on the wing.
Yeah he has seemed to be moved up field. Abit underated in the middle of the ground as a mid and could have a big year. And this is probably just me but i feel he has a point to prove after being overlooked as captain. As much as i like rocky being captain just feel jed deserved another year and he knows it.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Yeah he has seemed to be moved up field. Abit underated in the middle of the ground as a mid and could have a big year. And this is probably just me but i feel he has a point to prove after being overlooked as captain. As much as i like rocky being captain just feel jed deserved another year and he knows it.
Adcock the midfielder is a very tasty option for fantasy players. Only issue I see is him helping out down back when Rich ventures further up the field.

rockypls

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What happened to Bourke? Injured or just not required at the moment? Would have thought he'd be the perfect replacement for Patfull.

What happened to Bourke? Injured or just not required at the moment? Would have thought he'd be the perfect replacement for Patfull.

Given the pre season observations from the running sessions you'd have to say its probably his fitness holding him back. According to those who attend he's permanently in the last group of runners.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After watching the Gold Coast game twice, I still don't rate Paperone, 4 turnovers in a row during the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheZork

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fol: Martin Rockliff Beams

Gardiner Clarke Lester

Rich Merrett Beams

Zorko Redden Aish

Mayes Close McStay

Green Staker Taylor

Inter: Leuenberger Adcock Bewick
Sub: Christensen

I think this will be pretty spot on with Lester getting his position over Paparone. I'm not sure that Robinson will miss out though even though his skills are rubbish, could come in for mayes.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think Mayes might start as Sub Round 1, with Christensen on the half forward for 3/4 of the game before being subbed for Mayes.
Agree, what talls in the forward line though?

Agree, what talls in the forward line though?

Close, McStay, Burger or Martin...I think three tall and then start Green, Zorko and Christensen as the smalls is a good balance of height/speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Close, McStay, Burger or Martin...I think three tall and then start Green, Zorko and Christensen as the smalls is a good balance of height/speed.
Although Christensen on the HFF pushing into the midfield, felt he had a little bit more class on the ball then others

Although Christensen on the HFF pushing into the midfield, felt he had a little bit more class on the ball then others

Yep, Taylor/Green next to McStay at FF, Close at CHF with Zorko and Christensen at the HFF pushing up. Then they can rotate with the likes of Beams, who can take marks at the 50 and kick those goals, while Rockliffs shown hes better at that Green/Taylor spot with his marking. As he did against the Suns, marked against Sam Day I think it was, who is bigger.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, Taylor/Green next to McStay at FF, Close at CHF with Zorko and Christensen at the HFF pushing up. Then they can rotate with the likes of Beams, who can take marks at the 50 and kick those goals, while Rockliffs shown hes better at that Green/Taylor spot with his marking. As he did against the Suns, marked against Sam Day I think it was, who is bigger.
having more quality depth in our midfield is going to allow us to throw Rocky up forward if we need a serious change up.
It just allows us to be that little more dangerous! In addition Sam Mayes should allow for more rotations and a different type of threat up forward

TheZork

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There's no talk of Staker? maybe Robinson then takes his place in my line up, so it looks like this

Fol: Leuenberger Rockliff Beams

Gardiner Clarke Lester

Rich Merrett Beams

Zorko Redden Aish

Mayes Close McStay

Green Martin Taylor

Inter: Robinson Adcock Bewick
Sub: Christensen

A smaller team is probably better too, based on watching last nights game and the usual gabba conditions

After watching the Gold Coast game twice, I still don't rate Paperone, 4 turnovers in a row during the game

Did you also watch how he was nearly always working back into the last line of defence when others weren't? I'm not suggesting papering over his deficiencies, but try offering pros as well as cons.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Did you also watch how he was nearly always working back into the last line of defence when others weren't? I'm not suggesting papering over his deficiencies, but try offering pros as well as cons.
That's what selectors have to weigh up, for round 1 it's a no from me.

charles202

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FB: Beams. Merrett. Gardner
HBF: Bewick. Clarke. Rich
C: Mayes. Beams. Adcock
HF: Zorko. Close. Christensen
F: Green. Leuy. McStay
Foll: Martin. Rocky. Redden

Bench: Aish Taylor Lester
Sub: Robbo

Lester got the last spot for me, I really wanted to get Put Dawes in there as I think we ware missing a lead up forward and I think that he could have a really good year in that role.

For me Robbo is the perfect sub, not a huge fan of playing one of the kids in the role as generally I I think a full game in the magoos is worth more than a quarter in the ones.

i like what the coaches are trying with Paps, hoping that half a season in the twos will really help his kicking as he gets more comfortable in the role, have been really impressed with his positioning just needs more time.

charles202

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't get what some of you people see in Paparone.

He is making some mistakes when he gets the football (in a new position and starting his third year on the list)... However he is getting to a lot of balls that the rest of the team wouldn't. I'd rather the chance of making a mistake rather than the certainty he won't cause he never got the ball to begin with.

I don't get what some of you people see in Paparone.

Are you one of those guys who just screams 'kick it forward' when at the ground, because if you are I don't think you would understand what we see in him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back