Banter Round 1 2015 - Sydney VS. Essendon* Pre Season discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safely assume that means no McGlynn, Tippett or McVeigh playing this weekend then.

And I have my doubts of McGlynn lining up for Round 1. No mention of him at all in any press by the club as 'being in the mix'. Suspect that's why Heeney was getting so much game time in the NAB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh I can't be confident that McGlynn will play in round 1 or that it's smart for him to. After missing the entire NAB Challenge, he surely has to play a few games in the reserves.

Ditto with McVeigh except in his case, I imagine he'll count as one of the seniors who are pretty much immune from ever having to play reserves. He'll come back in the seniors.

Yeh I can't be confident that McGlynn will play in round 1 or that it's smart for him to. After missing the entire NAB Challenge, he surely has to play a few games in the reserves.

Ditto with McVeigh except in his case, I imagine he'll count as one of the seniors who are pretty much immune from ever having to play reserves. He'll come back in the seniors.

Not sure how well he'll point with so little game time, still, he's one of the few players in our side who can point on either side of his body.

Quality !

Not sure how well he'll point with so little game time, still, he's one of the few players in our side who can point on either side of his body.

Quality !

Coaches, for some reason, do a lot of pointing at quarter time, perhaps that could be Macca's game day role?

And I have my doubts of McGlynn lining up for Round 1. No mention of him at all in any press by the club as 'being in the mix'. Suspect that's why Heeney was getting so much game time in the NAB.

That isn't a bad thing, we need to add some class and Heeney is more likely (even with his 18 year old body) to cut it against the Hawks midfield. If McGlynn isn't playing as a defensive forward I see very little value especially as a starting mid.

That isn't a bad thing, we need to add some class and Heeney is more likely (even with his 18 year old body) to cut it against the Hawks midfield. If McGlynn isn't playing as a defensive forward I see very little value especially as a starting mid.

Don't get too far ahead. Would still back McGlynn. Didn't do well in the GF but still a great gut runner. I understand your point against quality midfielders but still a solid contributor. If not fit though come back through the twos.

Don't get too far ahead. Would still back McGlynn. Didn't do well in the GF but still a great gut runner. I understand your point against quality midfielders but still a solid contributor. If not fit though come back through the twos.

He is decent, but ideally we don't have McGlynn in the centre square, he should be up forward, he is always good for a goal. He doesn't get enough ball to be a midfielder full time.

Basically a full squad. Need to come out firing against Essendon, with a solid 4+ goal win and no big injuries.

Rampe also needs to lose the handlebars. Looks atrocious.

4 goal+ win if Essendon are able to name a full squad. It should be a 15 goal win if Essendon's players are banned.

I'm assuming they'll be full strength. The AFL is pissweak, but that's another matter.

I think Bud and Tippett will kick 3 goals each and we'll see a 5 goal win.

I thought it was ASADA handing down the punishment on 31st March not AFL, so I don't imagine AFL being pissweak will have much bearing. Is that right eth-dog?

I thought it was ASADA handing down the punishment on 31st March not AFL, so I don't imagine AFL being pissweak will have much bearing. Is that right eth-dog?
It's not either I'm led to believe. One of your mods mentioned the tribunal panel earlier in the thread, not sure what they're called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back