Banter Round 1 2015 - Sydney VS. Essendon* Pre Season discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How about we throw resting players out the window and just start smashing teams. This year is about earning respect back.

We really only "rested" players for the last game against Richmond. That wasn't the reason for our loss in the Grand Final.

The resting talk only ever came from the media and some on here because we Wrapped up Top 2 so early

I say bring baseball bats to the field of play. That will be aggressive and show some authority

If the AFL can make up rules on the fly, why can't we:D
You could easily pick the shittiest rookie list player for the grand final and get him to take a few heads off. There's no red card rule, he gets a premiership medal and a life ban, everyone wins

You could easily pick the shittiest rookie list player for the grand final and get him to take a few heads off. There's no red card rule, he gets a premiership medal and a life ban, everyone wins

I see what you did there. Didn't say shittiest Senior listed player as Jetta would be able to lift up the bat;)

I see what you did there. Didn't say shittiest Senior listed player as Jetta would be able to lift up the bat;)
Also he'd need to get close to an opposition player

The football masses hate our club and are trying to create the rest vs the swans.....so i say lets make it the swans vs everyone else.

Lets be ruthless, lets smash teams,physically manhandle players and utterly decimate this league.

We were playing nice last year....we wont be this year

The football masses hate our club and are trying to create the rest vs the swans.....so i say lets make it the swans vs everyone else.

Lets be ruthless, lets smash teams,physically manhandle players and utterly decimate this league.

We were playing nice last year....we wont be this year
Players who couldn't stand up against one team manhandling them will now do it against the whole league?

Players who couldn't stand up against one team manhandling them will now do it against the whole league?

Yeah, it's hard to imagine it! I guess if the lack of response in the GF was a directive to "not get sucked in" then maybe. What we need is a bit more mongrel. Something like Mumford or Hall or even LRT, the best-spoken mongrel I know. Or maybe just a dash of giving a s**t when a teammate is smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Essendon VFL team with a few ring ins not doing too flash against GWS. We should romp home against them.
We also didn't look too flash against GWS in round 1.

Even if they don't get banned, it'll be the first time they've played a game together for the year. You've seen how underdone players are in their first competitive game.

Either way, if we are even remotely switched-on, we should take them pretty easily.

Seriously does anyone think they will get banned? i don't imagine them having that team that played tonight for the whole season AFL wont allow it.

Anzac day is to important for them.

It is out of the AFL's hands, unless the AFL wants to pervert the course of justice.

FWIW, I think they will get 6-12 months.

Isnt the afl the tribunal that will be handing the verdict down?

ADRVP are the ones that will make the decision.
ADRVP are independent of AFL and ASADA.
AFL can't be judge, jury and executioner, although that doesn't stop them from trying.

If the AFL are seen to have interfered in the decision (remember the tribunal either way must release a "Reasoned Decision" report detailing why and how they came to their decision) ASADA/WADA will appeal the decision. So its not as simple as what the AFL wants the AFL gets here, as any pressure or dictation on how to acts gets reported in the Reasoned Decision and thus could be used in a possible appeal against the AFL and therefore the players. So in something like this I have no doubt the AFL aren't getting involved with at the tribunal level.

Remember if guilty the players will all face another hearing to decide their ban lengths with the bans starting on the 31st without an end date until the hearing. I would expect most players would receive a 12 month ban back dated to last November. I can't see 6 months being successful as they didn't plead guilty or provide ASADA with any extra information that led to other bans.

Where they could get off is the fact ASADA have to prove the link between the purchase of the banned substance and then it entering their bodies. Without a positive test that is very hard to prove. Was proved in the Lance Armstrong case where his teammates basically all confessed to doping offences and pointed to his involvement and how he was involved and what they saw (painting the picture of the team culture regarding doping and the link between purchase and it entering his body). Clearly no one has turned here but ASADA are clearly confident enough that they had enough evidence that they can prove the link. How strong that link is will decide the case.

If the AFL are seen to have interfered in the decision (remember the tribunal either way must release a "Reasoned Decision" report detailing why and how they came to their decision) ASADA/WADA will appeal the decision. So its not as simple as what the AFL wants the AFL gets here, as any pressure or dictation on how to acts gets reported in the Reasoned Decision and thus could be used in a possible appeal against the AFL and therefore the players. So in something like this I have no doubt the AFL aren't getting involved with at the tribunal level.

Remember if guilty the players will all face another hearing to decide their ban lengths with the bans starting on the 31st without an end date until the hearing. I would expect most players would receive a 12 month ban back dated to last November. I can't see 6 months being successful as they didn't plead guilty or provide ASADA with any extra information that led to other bans.

Where they could get off is the fact ASADA have to prove the link between the purchase of the banned substance and then it entering their bodies. Without a positive test that is very hard to prove. Was proved in the Lance Armstrong case where his teammates basically all confessed to doping offences and pointed to his involvement and how he was involved and what they saw (painting the picture of the team culture regarding doping and the link between purchase and it entering his body). Clearly no one has turned here but ASADA are clearly confident enough that they had enough evidence that they can prove the link. How strong that link is will decide the case.

I havnt followed the case too closely over the past 12 months duento the fact im sick of hearing about it so im a bit clueless. How does backdating the suspensions until last november work ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back