HF:
Steele Sidebottom ~ Travis Cloke ~ Dane Swan
F : Brodie Grundy / Jessie White ~ Ben Reid ~ Jamie Elliott

R:
Jarrod Witts ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Levi Greenwood

I/C:
Nathan Freeman ~ Tim Broomhead ~ Tony Armstrong / Braydon Maynard / Adam Oxley
Sub Alex Fasolo / Ben Kennedy / Jordan De Goey / Josh Thomas

I am not anti Patty K, I hope he makes, he went to school with my kids so I was rapt to get him and have a soft spot for him. I will admit what looks like a lack of intensity does worry me a bit. If he can be like a Jake Stringer that would be fine. I am just going to wait for him to do it before I declare him over the line.

I think a lot of my faith is built on our need to find scoring options and the hope is that he can provide that. For mine the most frustrating thing is that I think the match committee will deny him a really good run at it because he doesn't quite fit our onfield ideals. It's all ahead of him though so if he wants it enough he has the talent, IMO.

I may also be taking my faith to the extreme because he's clearly won me over and hopefully Varcoe (and to a lesser extent Greenwood) can manage the same!

B: Alan Toovey ~ Nathan Brown ~ Marley Williams
HB: Tom Landgon ~ Lachlen Keeffe ~ Paul Seedsman

C:
Travis Varcoe ~ Taylor Adams ~ Clinton Young

HF:
Steele Sidebottom ~ Travis Cloke ~ Dane Swan
F : Brodie Grundy / Jessie White ~ Ben Reid ~ Jamie Elliott

R:
Jarrod Witts ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Levi Greenwood

I/C:
Nathan Freeman ~ Tim Broomhead ~ Tony Armstrong / Braydon Maynard / Adam Oxley
Sub Alex Fasolo / Ben Kennedy / Jordan De Goey / Josh Thomas

How many times are you going to post a team? Perhaps wait until after the practice games and then have another crack.

Agree to disagree. Karnezis has had a chance to perform at AFL level and did show a lot of promise early on.

You may say he is best 22 now, me I want to see him play some good footy in the 22 before I declare him in the best 22.

Don't think we will convince each other

I am not stating anything about being best 22. You keep pushing that PK "has had a chance to perform at AFL level". PK has not played a single game for Collingwood at AFL level therefore he has not had a chance to perform at AFL level.

Your comment is plain wrong.

I am not stating anything about being best 22. You keep pushing that PK "has had a chance to perform at AFL level". PK has not played a single game for Collingwood at AFL level therefore he has not had a chance to perform at AFL level.

If you really want to be picky every player on an AFL list has a chance to preform at AFL level.

We may be getting bogged down by minor detail here but he hasn't played at AFL level for Collingwood but has played AFL games each of 2011, 2012 and 2013. That's a chance.

Anyway lets accept I don't see him as best 22 at Collingwood yet while you do.

We may be getting bogged down by minor detail here but he hasn't played at AFL level for Collingwood but has played AFL games each of 2011, 2012 and 2013. That's a chance.

Anyway lets accept I don't see him as best 22 at Collingwood yet while you do.

I never said I see him as best 22.

Clearly you are not one to retract or move from a position once made.

We move on.

I never said I see him as best 22.

Clearly you are not one to retract or move from a position once made.

We move on.
Maybe after all that we kinda agree then. PK isn't best 22 yet but hopefully can perform and become best 22 in 2015. Maybe the difference is you see that as likely while I see a few ahead of him that he has to get past so think it will be less likely.

Toovey Brown Williams
Langdon Reid Frost
Sidebottom Swan Broomhead
Varcoe White Elliott
Blair Cloke Kennedy
Witts Pendlebury Adams

Freeman Degoey Greenwood Goldsack

Toovey Brown Williams
Langdon Reid Frost
Sidebottom Swan Broomhead
Varcoe White Elliott
Blair Cloke Kennedy
Witts Pendlebury Adams

Freeman Degoey Greenwood Goldsack

I actually like your team TG. Although I think you need to find a spot for Fasolo.

To tall in the backline and to short in the forward line move Reid to CHF and Frost to CHB

It will obviously depend on who we are playing but Brown and Reid in the backline is the only chance we have to make finals. IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will obviously depend on who we are playing but Brown and Reid in the backline is the only chance we have to make finals. IMO.
So we almost make finals with out either of them now we need them both back? Reid has to play forward he and Cloke work well together we were horrible up front last year with only one marking target. White will work alright as a third tall who can go through the ruck. Frost and Keeffe were really solid for most of last year if we add Brown in ti the mix we will be able to play Keeffe/Frost on form

So we almost make finals with out either of them now we need them both back? Reid has to play forward he and Cloke work well together we were horrible up front last year with only one marking target. White will work alright as a third tall who can go through the ruck. Frost and Keeffe were really solid for most of last year if we add Brown in ti the mix we will be able to play Keeffe/Frost on form

It depends how you look at it. Our most recent form is 8 losses out of 11. That is bottom 4. Regardless, my philosophy is defence first and I see a Brown & Reid combination as a real strength. A lot of our forward issues will be improved by better delivery. I still hope that White can make a meaningful contribution.

Reid, Brown and Frost has the makings of being one of the better 3 tall man backlines.

To tall in the backline and to short in the forward line move Reid to CHF and Frost to CHB
Without Maxwell Reid and Brown are the key to the building blocks to once again being a successful team. Their experience can't be bought as defenders. Frost will a learn a lot from having those big grollias next to him and it could free him up to come over the top.

Goldsack is also on the bench. I see him being used forward or back but in this team forward for pressure acts to hold the ball inside 50. That mosquito fleet forward of Kennedy Elliott Varcoe and Blair would be also able to run up the field and help the mids but hold the ball up around the grounds half forward and deep inside 50.

nothing to tall about TG's backline, great height for matching up against the best teams forwardlines, that is unless you want to seriously limit Tom Langdons rebound ability by matching him up against a tall forward.

nothing to tall about TG's backline, great height for matching up against the best teams forwardlines, that is unless you want to seriously limit Tom Langdons rebound ability by matching him up against a tall forward.

Toovey would man a tall before Langdon.

My spine of Brown Reid Swan White Cloke is possibly the best we could field in 2015. The flanks have plenty of run around those.

Keeffe Sinclair Fasolo Dwyer Seedsman I would hope stay in the VFL for most of 2015 with the 22 I've named getting regular games. I did leave out Josh Thomas I think DeGoey and Freeman will be better players therefore I've named them ahead of him. I would however like to see Josh Thomas become a regular best 22 player once again.

either way, something i wanna avoid.

i feel more confident when Tooveys full lockdown on a small.

Well we have Marley who can lock down on smalls and Toovey has proven he can play talls.

Well we have Marley who can lock down on smalls and Toovey has proven he can play talls.
hes proven he can play on mediums, he has barely played on talls over the years, not much more than a pinch hit.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back