Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually find yourself surrounded by finks/mongols... which is great news if you are looking for some cheap ice.

Wow bit harsh. I mean Crows supporters are the worst, but majority of them aren't drug addicts...

I'll be up in the members having several overpriced frothies. Can't even remember the last time we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, so although I think we should win, because it's round 1 as well I'm keeping a lid on it.

Anyone else here going? Road trip with wife and kids planned for the long weekend. Tickets to the game secured. Can't wait!

Yep, flying in for a weekend with the in-laws and an arvo at Adelaide Oval.

I'm a believer we will win this. My main issue with our line up is Tarrant, whilst not a hater, i just cannot see him lasting too long in this team in any role other than masseuse, BS has bent over backwards to try and fit him in (Whoops can i unsee that?) but despite his 'massive tank' he reminds me of the robot on Red Dwarf the way he gets around, kinda clunky. My prediction, he will be subbed off at half time and Waite will b sent down back.

Wow bit harsh. I mean Crows supporters are the worst, but majority of them aren't drug addicts...

I'll be up in the members having several overpriced frothies. Can't even remember the last time we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, so although I think we should win, because it's round 1 as well I'm keeping a lid on it.

He said GA, which I assume at the AO is the hill...Could be wrong of course, been known to happen.

But yeah, probably more your port fans. Adelaide fans are louder imho, either way i'd rather be in the gulags for 3 hours.

I reckon they'll stretch us and that we'll strongly consider playing both Tarrant and Tippett.

Walker/Podsiadly/Jenkins are a dangerous trio.

I'm just going to think out loud here:

The Betts situation is an interesting one. I think the staff would want Thompson on him in a perfect world - however with Lachie being (almost certainly) out they'll want to free him up a bit and play that loose man in defence role he's reverted to in recent times. Dangerous to be zoning off Betts so I think we need to play a tight one on him.

Personally I'm in the 'play your All-Australian full-back on a full forward' but I think Hunter's roll has changed and he now struggles to adjust when he needs to play a tight checking role.

So would we be thinking Wright to Betts? Is Spud's selection contingent on whether Taz and Tipp plays?

I confess I didn't see Adelaide play outside our game with them in the NAB Challenge. Did I make up that Podsiadly has been spending time down back?

I'm a believer we will win this. My main issue with our line up is Tarrant, whilst not a hater, i just cannot see him lasting too long in this team in any role other than masseuse, BS has bent over backwards to try and fit him in (Whoops can i unsee that?) but despite his 'massive tank' he reminds me of the robot on Red Dwarf the way he gets around, kinda clunky. My prediction, he will be subbed off at half time and Waite will b sent down back.
So Taz believes in Silicon Heaven?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's silicone sir.

Im so late to the party but is Kerridge playing?
Might make him captain of my supercoach team for round one

I'll be going with a group of 6 and only one is a roo supporter.

I dislike going to crows games.

I am 50/50. I still have that nervous feeling of "what team will rock up". I do feel like we've had a better pre season though

So Taz believes in Silicon Heaven?
At the game last week just after Taz came on he ran off his opponent to try and create an option. 5 seconds after after he got on his bike he slipped over, I was crossing my fingers that he hadn't injured himself.

At the game last week just after Taz came on he ran off his opponent to try and create an option. 5 seconds after after he got on his bike he slipped over, I was crossing my fingers that he hadn't injured himself.
It was a reference to the 'robot man' that danj mentioned.

I'll be going with a group of 6 and only one is a roo supporter.

I dislike going to crows games.

I am 50/50. I still have that nervous feeling of "what team will rock up". I do feel like we've had a better pre season though
Wow the low opinions everywhere for the crow eaters kind of dinting my enthusiasm of my first adelaide oval experience.

Surely theyre not that bad, anecdotes or it didn't happen ;)

Looking at tickets at the moment. ONly general admin left. How's GA in Adelaide?

It's really hard to get a decent view within the stadium if you're standing. The hill will be absolutely packed (mostly with Crows supporters obviously). Adelaide Oval is amazing though, I'd definitely recommend going along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back