Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are forgetting that Adelaide are a very very average football team, without Thompson in that midfield they are very one dimensional in the fact it's Sloane and Dangerfield Vs the world.

We WILL dominate the midfield and hope our defenders break even with their forwards, our forwards will beat them.

Hostile crowd; yeah whatever.
Sacked coach; good luck to them, hope it works out eventually.

If we are a serious premiership threat, a win is a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Line ball between these two at the moment. I was leaning towards Tarrant early days but now swaying towards Tippett after the Richmond game. This is if we don't play both.

I thought Tippett was shown up in the Richmond game. If you get the chance, take a look at the replay and note who the Richmond forwards are playing against when they take a mark inside 50. More often than not it's Tippett.

I thought Tippett was good against Adelaide in NAB 1, but I'd prefer Tarrant at this stage.

People are forgetting that Adelaide are a very very average football team, without Thompson in that midfield they are very one dimensional in the fact it's Sloane and Dangerfield Vs the world.

We WILL dominate the midfield and hope our defenders break even with their forwards, our forwards will beat them.

Disagree. Their top end is VERY good. Walker, Jacobs, Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch (inj), Betts, Smith, Talia are all guns. The area they struggle with is their depth. We should have enough to get over the top of them but their A grade players + the hostile atmosphere could easily cause us problems.

Disagree. Their top end is VERY good. Walker, Jacobs, Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch (inj), Betts, Smith, Talia are all guns. The area they struggle with is their depth. We should have enough to get over the top of them but their A grade players + the hostile atmosphere could easily cause us problems.

Regarding the hostile atmosphere, I guess we have to start well then.

Stop Dangerfield and Walker, we win.

I thought Tippett was shown up in the Richmond game. If you get the chance, take a look at the replay and note who the Richmond forwards are playing against when they take a mark inside 50. More often than not it's Tippett.

Absolutely. Tarrant was flagging in his earlier outings but was very good against Richmond.

I think short term Taz. Long term Tippett. Wouldn't surprise me to see both Taz and Tip being thrown up for round one (as in playing both). Adelaide play tall.

Break even in the midfield (as we should) and we win. I think it's that simple.

Higgins and Waite forward of centre increases the quality of out forward line instantly. As it stand we're already one of the most efficient (inside 50's to scoring shot ratio) forward lines in the competition, these two guys are skilled as *.

Not sure if this is the right place for it...but if I want to get a ticket for the Adelaide game...how do I make sure I'm sitting in the North supporters section?

Mate last time we went there they imbarassed us.

I wasn't so keen at the start of preseason but I've really come around to Tarrant playing in defence. I think he's been really solid in our preseason games so far and hopefully that move is that one he needs to really catch a break and make a career at AFL level.

Alot of crap been spoken here - akin to the 1st round last year where we just had to turn up to beat *.

Anyway we need to stop betts and walker as he will want to lift his side in his first game.

Defence I would go with tippett to man walker and tarrant to to take jenkins with hunter to play the hansen role.
Would also play jmac on lynch as he has caused issues leading up the ground and getting alot of the ball.
Will be very hard to get into our team this season.

I think if Drewy has a good game we win - has been a spectator in the preseason so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nerves are really heating up now for this one, Would love a round 1 win as we have been left disappointed so many times after a big build up to the season opener and then the fact we haven't beaten Adelaide in Adelaide since 2003.its time to break some droughts on our way to a premiership dream.

I'm not going to be able to watch this game live. It's going to kill me. I think it's the first time I'll be missing round 1.
FML

Gibbo wearing white??

LOL. Adelaide is an ok place! So easy to get around being a huge square, and Glenelg is great for a beer or many. I really enjoyed my trip there for work then holiday after.

It's no surprise the footy would be pretty full on though. Perth is the same, lots of cashed up bogans which isn't as noticeable in other cities.

Anyway............

I know SA very well having also done some work there over the years and played footy/cricket inter school carnivals as a kid. It's a big country town and a lot of fun.

My friends in Adelaide are just totally insane, love them, but they are pretty hardcore.

Alot of crap been spoken here - akin to the 1st round last year where we just had to turn up to beat *.

Anyway we need to stop betts and walker as he will want to lift his side in his first game.
I agree stopping Betts is the big one, I don't know that we have a really good match up perhaps McDonald or Jacobs can be assigned the task of taking him out of the game, and Pods too seems to play well against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back