Preview Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG, 02/04/15, 7.20pm AEST. (FREE LIKES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like to see Conca played in a back pocket rotated into the rover position in the centre for his development in the reserves atm.

No sure a HBF position will really suit him and help him. To me he gets a little lost directionally and in terms of priorities at times in terms of default decision making. I think his focal base needs to be peeled back to the basics a little. I want him right back there fighting with the forward pocket in his face etc.. one on one, matching him on leads etc.. which will hold him in good stead defensively and straightening up his play and the relief into the guts will allow him to shine as well.
This is actually not a bad idea.

Lennon missing out is a crime against humanity. He must have next to know engine at all.

I'd have him in for Newy/Gordo.... Can't believe Newy has been picked tbh.

Think the other problem with that line up is it's reliance on JR to kick goals. TV has been a good foil against Carlton in previous seasons, however his pre-season form has been worrying. Lloyd in will help but we may need to isolate Dusty, Lids and Cotch at different times to break it up. JR doesn't generally get it done against Carlton on the scoreboard, well not without Bootsma playing!

From R2 last year:

Richmond-
In: Hunt, McIntosh, Maric, Rance, Batchelor, Miles, Lloyd, Gordon.
Out: Astbury, Petterd, Hampson, Thomas, King, Vickery, Conca, Foley.

Carlton-
In: Judd, Carrazzo, Wood, Cripps, Smith, Jaksch, Jones, Docherty.
Out: Warnock, Lucas, Waite, Garlett, Ellard, Buckley, Robinson, McLean.

8 changes, 7 still on our list, 5 injured, that's what you call depth...

I dunno where the worry about Miles came from, but if there's anything to it is he a danger of being a late out given he was named on the bench?
You would expect him to be named on the field either at R, RR or C.

After watching all the Jeep propaganda in the pre-season video this week, for some reason I finished with a lot more faith in the match committee. That little window into a room with a half-dozen coaches and staff... magnets all over a board; match-ups, over-analysis of strengths etc. There's a reason for the 22 blokes selected each week- Dimma's favourites aside, it's not a rushed or offhand decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace....

Why isn't Vickery listed? He usually tears us a new one.
Shoot to kill, shoot to kill,

Vickery finally has to earn his spot with Griffith's improvement.
Strange team though. Normally we don't make late changes - wonder if we will this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back