Autopsy Round 1: Coburg V Richmond @ Piranha Park - Saturday 2:00pm, 18/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

2 reasons for going to watch the VFL
C Ellis kicking
Short
Scratching my head as to why Drummond was taken before Short. He reminds me of Jackson.
Mckenzie excellent with his hands in close and more agile/prepared to chase than we have been lead to believe during the pre season.
Overall not much to get excited about
how many did macca kick

Coburg 4.2 8.4 12.9 15.10 (100)
Richmond Tigers 5.2 7.7 7.11 12.13 (85)

GOALS:
Richmond Tigers: Vickery 3 McKenzie 2 Lennon 2 Thomas McBean Castagna Barlow Aarts

BEST:
Richmond Tigers: Hampson Cachia Wynne Thomas Kruse Castagna

2 reasons for going to watch the VFL
C Ellis kicking
Short

Scratching my head as to why Drummond was taken before Short. He reminds me of Jackson.
Mckenzie excellent with his hands in close and more agile/prepared to chase than we have been lead to believe during the pre season.
Overall not much to get excited about

I'm happy with the stuff in bold...hoping Short gets the upgrade...although Castagna was in the bests and from reports was pretty handy so I'd be happy to have him upgraded as well

I'm happy with the stuff in bold...hoping Short gets the upgrade...although Castagna was in the bests and from reports was pretty handy so I'd be happy to have him upgraded as well
His kicking even though at times cab be good, generally it is terrible. No upgrade for me.

Coburg 4.2 8.4 12.9 15.10 (100)
Richmond Tigers 5.2 7.7 7.11 12.13 (85)

GOALS:
Richmond Tigers: Vickery 3 McKenzie 2 Lennon 2 Thomas McBean Castagna Barlow Aarts

BEST:
Richmond Tigers: Hampson Cachia Wynne Thomas Kruse Castagna
The person doing the match reports must be the same as last year. Cachia is terrible.

After having wandered home via the bottle shop, I thought about this game and my view changed.

Before full time I was happy enough with it; it'd be nice to win more in the VFL but development is way more important. But then I was thinking about the game as a whole and I'm pretty disappointed in that performance.

As I said earlier, our listed guys definitely did have good games compared to everyone else, but if I take the comparatively out of that only Lennon, and the draftees from this year can hold their heads up high.

Ty, regardless of the delivery inside 50, which wasn't great, should be getting way more involved. He was no good in the ruck and he did bugger all up the ground. In fact, when I was next to the bench, Ty was about to go on and the coach yelled out to him 'Swap with Hammer', which Ty nodded to. But then just before he ran out he yelled back, 'Can I swap with Reece instead?' and the coach said 'Yeah, alright'. So that happened and then Ty got to stay in the goal square for 10 minutes and did * all, while Hammer was running around like a headless chook doing * all around the ground. So he stays in the twos for me.

Foley was a step above in terms of decision making, composure and kicking, but he should be two steps above, because our VFL side is genuinely shithouse and Coburg were only marginally better. So he stays in the twos. As do:

Dea, who was awful
Elton, who got beaten too many times,
Thomas, who is still no good but at least he gave a s**t about it all
Arnot, who while he tries super hard simply doesn't get anywhere near enough for it and often turns it over when he does
McBean, needs to work on almost anything but with that said, he could be almost anything
Hammer, is Hammer.

Our draftees from this year were great, given that they are draftees. Every one of them was hard at it and putting in second efforts, even if their decision making let them down at times. Actually Castagna started well but really, really went missing for about half the game, but that's to be expected.

Lennon, Cellis, Short, Big Mac and Drummond. Anyone who was there would be happy with those guys. Especially Lennon, Cellis and Short.

After having wandered home via the bottle shop, I thought about this game and my view changed.

Before full time I was happy enough with it; it'd be nice to win more in the VFL but development is way more important. But then I was thinking about the game as a whole and I'm pretty disappointed in that performance.

As I said earlier, our listed guys definitely did have good games compared to everyone else, but if I take the comparatively out of that only Lennon, and the draftees from this year can hold their heads up high.

Ty, regardless of the delivery inside 50, which wasn't great, should be getting way more involved. He was no good in the ruck and he did bugger all up the ground. In fact, when I was next to the bench, Ty was about to go on and the coach yelled out to him 'Swap with Hammer', which Ty nodded to. But then just before he ran out he yelled back, 'Can I swap with Reece instead?' and the coach said 'Yeah, alright'. So that happened and then Ty got to stay in the goal square for 10 minutes and did **** all, while Hammer was running around like a headless chook doing **** all around the ground. So he stays in the twos for me.

Foley was a step above in terms of decision making, composure and kicking, but he should be two steps above, because our VFL side is genuinely shithouse and Coburg were only marginally better. So he stays in the twos. As do:

Dea, who was awful
Arnot, who while he tries super hard simply doesn't get anywhere near enough for it and often turns it over when he does
McBean, needs to work on almost anything but with that said, he could be almost anything
Hammer, is Hammer.

Our draftees from this year were great, given that they are draftees. Every one of them was hard at it and putting in second efforts, even if their decision making let them down at times. Actually Castagna started well but really, really went missing for about half the game, but that's to be expected.

Lennon, Cellis, Short, Big Mac and Drummond. Anyone who was there would be happy with those guys. Especially Lennon, Cellis and Short.
Bit harsh on Elton. Thought he was OK till he knocked himself out.
I thought Drummond and Lennon turned the ball over way too much.
Disapointed with Menadue. He hardly got near it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on Elton. Thought he was OK till he knocked himself out.
I thought Drummond and Lennon turned the ball over way too much.
Disapointed with Menadue. He hardly got near it.

Yeah you're probably right about Elton... I suppose part of me just thinks 'it's a Coburg forward, you shouldn't get beaten once' but I know it doesn't actually play out like that.

Menadue did go a great run right down the wing to the centre of the 50m arc and would have kicked goal of the match but it drifted right. He must have only gotten positions right where I was sitting because he stuck out a bit, but he wasn't as solid as the others.

Ty, regardless of the delivery inside 50, which wasn't great, should be getting way more involved. He was no good in the ruck and he did bugger all up the ground. In fact, when I was next to the bench, Ty was about to go on and the coach yelled out to him 'Swap with Hammer', which Ty nodded to. But then just before he ran out he yelled back, 'Can I swap with Reece instead?' and the coach said 'Yeah, alright'. So that happened and then Ty got to stay in the goal square for 10 minutes and did **** all, while Hammer was running around like a headless chook doing **** all around the ground. So he stays in the twos for me.

Dea, who was awful
Hammer, is Hammer.

Dea, who was awful
Hammer, is Hammer.

we were way to tall and way to slow and way to unskilled in every aspect of the game barlow and wall offer nothing have no idea why they are in the team clark would have to be the worst coach in any league of football , why cant we get a *ingg coach WHO CAN ACTUALLY COACH AND DEVELOP ???

we were way to tall and way to slow and way to unskilled in every aspect of the game barlow and wall offer nothing have no idea why they are in the team clark would have to be the worst coach in any league of football , why cant we get a *ingg coach WHO CAN ACTUALLY COACH AND DEVELOP ???
Are we just playing all our draftees, knowing we aren't very balanced but happy anyway.

So to be clear,
we were shockingly slow,
we were embarrassingly unskilled in all parts of the game,
The top ups are terrible
The kids haven't been developed
And we have the worst coach in the league.

In that case, to get within 3 goals was bloody impressive.

So to be clear,
we were shockingly slow,
we were embarrassingly unskilled in all parts of the game,
The top ups are terrible
The kids haven't been developed
And we have the worst coach in the league.

In that case, to get within 3 goals was bloody impressive.
no we should have beaten coburg easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back