Autopsy Round 1: Coburg V Richmond @ Piranha Park - Saturday 2:00pm, 18/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

rising from the dead?

(Blessed are the cheesemakers)
You're right. Until Corey develops his ability to cheat death consistently, he will have to continue working on his development. I'm told that the hardest part is coming back from the dead the first time. After that apparently it gets much easier. Still, it's a risky development program.

Wasn't the plan to invest heavily into our VFL team so we could have both teams playing finals, so our depth would maintain their match fitness?
The plan was to play each player in the true position. Not let coburg dictate where our players play based on their list.

When lids, conca and to a lesser extent lambert are back that's 3 more fringe afl listed players that gets dropped to the 2's to make us that bit more competitive.

When it comes to vfl spending are we a bit short of spending or not an attractive destination? To have cachia as our captain and Tim clarke as our coach. From a blatantly uneducated view it just seems the budget is tight and we are settling with mid to low range options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name three from saturday night that you would have in the 2's every week?

I would have Newman, Gordon and Lambert in the twos if we have a full compliment of players.

Grigg has had a very good preseason and 2 out of 3 good games early this year but he drops his intensity very quickly at times so he is on notice most weeks for a run in the twos.

Rance-Let him be a CULT figure in the 2's
Cotch-Needs more time on wind direction
Grigg-Need a decent around the ground ruck in the 2's

I would have Newman, Gordon and Lambert in the twos if we have a full compliment of players.

Grigg has had a very good preseason and 2 out of 3 good games early this year but he drops his intensity very quickly at times so he is on notice most weeks for a run in the twos.

Newman? whatever, he's in better form than most. Gordon? Possibly but it's just not the plan to have him in VFL, isn't playing that bad either. Lambert? Didn't play saturday night but could have a good 4-5 games in VFL for sure.

Grigg? yeah ok uh huh yep sure buddy!

Rance-Let him be a CULT figure in the 2's
Cotch-Needs more time on wind direction
Grigg-Need a decent around the ground ruck in the 2's

giphy.gif

Newman? whatever, he's in better form than most. Gordon? Possibly but it's just not the plan to have him in VFL, isn't playing that bad either. Lambert? Didn't play saturday night but could have a good 4-5 games in VFL for sure.

Grigg? yeah ok uh huh yep sure buddy!

Who are you??

Newman had a decent game last night but has been below average for almost 2 season. The odd good game is not enough to maintain your place. He averages 13 possesions a game last season and only had one game over 20. Thats progression from just under half his games in 2011 and 2012, not to mention a lot more up in high teens.

Gordon is a dumb dumb footballer who is very fit. Runs himself into trouble constantly, gets in his big forwards way too often and cannot create space or breakage from his direct opponent. Great shot at goal. Is ahead of Lennon purely on fitness right now.

As for Grigg I only said he is on notice because he has a tendency to drop his intensity. He has been sensation this preseason as he has become more of an inside mid. Two good games and one poor performance in the season proper. But once again it comes from last season again where he was below par. The threat of VFL is just to keep him honest.

Who are you??

Newman had a decent game last night but has been below average for almost 2 season. The odd good game is not enough to maintain your place. He averages 13 possesions a game last season and only had one game over 20. Thats progression from just under half his games in 2011 and 2012, not to mention a lot more up in high teens.

Gordon is a dumb dumb footballer who is very fit. Runs himself into trouble constantly, gets in his big forwards way too often and cannot create space or breakage from his direct opponent. Great shot at goal. Is ahead of Lennon purely on fitness right now.

As for Grigg I only said he is on notice because he has a tendency to drop his intensity. He has been sensation this preseason as he has become more of an inside mid. Two good games and one poor performance in the season proper. But once again it comes from last season again where he was below par. The threat of VFL is just to keep him honest.

Are you one of those guys that thinks if newman doesn't have 30+ possessions that means he isn't contributing? He does a lot more with a lot less than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you one of those guys that thinks if newman doesn't have 30+ possessions that means he isn't contributing? He does a lot more with a lot less than most.

No i'm one of those people who watch games, and uses what i see to have meaningful conversations on this board.

He was good last night and if he performed like that every week sure he deserves a game but thats a 1 in 10 game going all the way back to the start of 2013. Mostly its like the carlton game where he is slow, misses tackles and his foot skills are not up to scratch anymore.

He keeps his spot for next week but he is not best 22 moving forward.

No i'm one of those people who watch games, and uses what i see to have meaningful conversations on this board.

He was good last night and if he performed like that every week sure he deserves a game but thats a 1 in 10 game going all the way back to the start of 2013. Mostly its like the carlton game where he is slow, misses tackles and his foot skills are not up to scratch anymore.

He keeps his spot for next week but he is not best 22 moving forward.

You're exaggerating it because you simply dislike or just don't want him to play because of his age. Fact is he's still in the top 10-15 players at the club. We are not going to agree on this ever.

my point was that lids and conca are best 22...... thats demotes two players( whom ever is in poor form at the time) and lambert would be in the best for the 2's every week pushing for selection

You're exaggerating it because you simply dislike or just don't want him to play because of his age. Fact is he's still in the top 10-15 players at the club. We are not going to agree on this ever.
Newman is not in our top 15
That said, he had a good game against Brisbane and one of our only good players against Western Bulldogs so he's certainly showing that he's got something to offer

No i'm not exaggerating it, I love Newman he is about the best thing to happen to our club in the last 15 years. He was immense during the down times as a leader and person. But he is not in our top 10-15 much closer to 20-30 and probably 25-30.

Rance, Cotchin, Deledio, Maric, Riewoldt, Ellis, Edwards, Miles, Houli, Martin, Vlastuin, Astbury and Chaplin are without doubt all superior to Newman.

Then there guys like Bachelor, Hunt, Griffiths, Conca, Grigg, McIntosh and Lloyd, poor Knights would be in this group if not for injury. Who are all above Newman in the jostle for spots IMO.

Then comes Newman's group of Petterd, Gordon, Foley, Vickery, Grimes and Morris. Plus the kids who will jump up and over take these guys like CEllis, Lennon, McDonough and McBean.

Lol.

Newman in our top 15 players. That's hilarious.

No i'm not exaggerating it, I love Newman he is about the best thing to happen to our club in the last 15 years. He was immense during the down times as a leader and person. But he is not in our top 10-15 much closer to 20-30 and probably 25-30.

Rance, Cotchin, Deledio, Maric, Riewoldt, Ellis, Edwards, Miles, Houli, Martin, Vlastuin, Astbury and Chaplin are without doubt all superior to Newman.

Then there guys like Bachelor, Hunt, Griffiths, Conca, Grigg, McIntosh and Lloyd, poor Knights would be in this group if not for injury. Who are all above Newman in the jostle for spots IMO.

Then comes Newman's group of Petterd, Gordon, Foley, Vickery, Grimes and Morris. Plus the kids who will jump up and over take these guys like CEllis, Lennon, McDonough and McBean.

In the short term Newman will not be replaced. He's still too good and I think he will retire if he gets out of the 22. That just isn't right now.

Chaplin, Astbury and Vlasuin are not superior to Newman at all. Chaplin never will be, Astbury and Vlas soon will be though. Maric, lol.

Sorry boys but newman is still in the top players at our club. He has class and is a great kick, provides great leadership out there and when we are under the pump he makes very good decisions, which ALOT of richmond players don't. He gets judged harder on his bad games Bcoz of his age which is just stupid, Who cares bout his age he still in good form look at some of Hawthorns players. Newman is class and we could do with a few more of him.

In the short term Newman will not be replaced. He's still too good and I think he will retire if he gets out of the 22. That just isn't right now.

Chaplin, Astbury and Vlasuin are not superior to Newman at all. Chaplin never will be, Astbury and Vlas soon will be though. Maric, lol.

Chaplin is our backline General, he is constantly giving out commands to the others to make sure they are in the right position or on the right player.

Vlastuin is ahead of Newman already, he is playing injured right now but is fearless and has a cool head on his shoulders.

Astbury could be argued. If it wasn't for injury though he would be ahead of Newman without a question. Its why he was leading our BnF before injury last year.

Are you seriously saying Maric is not more important to the side then Newman? Maybe go back and watch the games we were without him last year.

Newman in our best 22 means we are in trouble:(
Weren't our hopes to win at least one final?
Some even suggested top 4
With Hunt and Kmac our only real changes to our best 22 and showing a lot of the boys up with their current form.I ask have we done enough to achieve Bf posters dreams?
No back up ruckmen for Maric is a big concern as my fear is that we are expecting a truck load from him to go the whole season with no real chop out
This was vindicated yesterday in the vfl game when I had a ten minute yarn with a RFC VFL staff member
The cracks will be covered with a few upcoming soft killings, but what happens afterwards will be of great interest if DH doesn't find solutions to our gaps
Must finish up saying lids run and carry would be a start , but unfortunately he can't play ruck;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back