NRL Round 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be wrong but it wasn't on the TV guide. Pretty poor how not even the Friday night games are on GEM.
They didn't even televise the Broncos/ Bunnies game on Thursday night the OPENING GAME OF THE SEASON.

Pathetic. Pissed me off. Had to watch a dumb replay at 9.30 on Fox Sports.

They didn't even televise the Broncos/ Bunnies game on Thursday night the OPENING GAME OF THE SEASON.

I just follow the games online with the Foxsports tracker. Bit disappointing though they can't show the games but i'm kind of used to it. And too hard these days to avoid all forms of media for an NRL match.

Great win by Parra soured a little by Junior Paulo looking at 6+ weeks suspended for a nothing tackle. If he played for Souffs or the Storm he would have been cleared. Once again it is who you play for when the MRP gets involved. I guess Pauli Pauli will come in to the team.

I was a little concerned about Parramatta this season, I thought with the loss of Hayne that we may take a step or two backwards, but from what I've seen so far tonight, we are a genuine chance of the top 8 this season. We are still a little suspect out wide, but we look solid in the middle and we look very good with ball in hand. I don't think we can compete with Souths and the other big guns, but we should be more than competitive against everyone else. In fact on what I have seen, I'd be a little disappointed if we don't improve by 3-4 wins over last season.
Just need to get the outside defence sorted. Forward pack looks massive and smashed Manly's pack for the whole 80.

Looking forward to Friday against the Dogs. They looked terrible for 65 minutes and still nearly pinched it - should be a good game and hopefully a big crowd shows up.

The NRL's tv deal is appalling like that. 9 keep bending the public over.
Agree that 9 should be doing things better but I blame the NRL they cared more about getting in a dick measuring comp with the AFL than their actual fans.

Agree that 9 should be doing things better but I blame the NRL they cared more about getting in a dick measuring comp with the AFL than their actual fans.

yeap same crap as online content all about the $$$$ can't believe i paid for the NRL then found the screen size is restricted, What the actual *?

Yep, it's bs, 9 are contracted in the broadcast deal to show every game live nationally on either Gem or Primary station and since early last year 9 Adelaide have been allowed to show the game at 11:55pm, no one seems to know why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could stream them?
that's beside the point, to grow the game the NRL need it to be easily accessible on FTA, as agreed to by 9 in the broadcast deal. Casual viewers aren't going to jump through hoops to watch a game and if you can't get casuals watching then you can't convert them into fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back