Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dissapointing night with Dusty and Cripps. But I was very happy with my unique mid pricer in Menzel! Im tipping a big year from him

Ive got McIntosh on the bench with the E on him. Seriously considering grabbing a fringe player not getting a run this week so I can get the Emergency score from him.

Smedts is on an extended bench. If he doesnt play it might not be the worst thing ever

Dissapointing night with Dusty and Cripps. But I was very happy with my unique mid pricer in Menzel! Im tipping a big year from him

Ive got McIntosh on the bench with the E on him. Seriously considering grabbing a fringe player not getting a run this week so I can get the Emergency score from him.

Smedts is on an extended bench. If he doesnt play it might not be the worst thing ever

Looking at doing the same with Hamling, who from what i've heard will be playing within the first couple of rounds.

The difference between Mcintosh's 100 and B. Goodes who I think will get like 70.. could cause a difference in final rankings at the end. Only risk is the player being dead weight if they never play
Have to say, I'm nervous about Goodes JS. Few players to come back. Coach will be blooding the young ones. Interesting times.

Ok I've got: Goodes, Saad, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Honeychurch and McCarthy all at risk of not making the final cut or being vested.

Can anyone convince me not to worry?
Haha i have them all bar vandenberg

Are they on the field or what? The only one on the field for me is Goodes

He will probably be off the field by 4pm tonight though.

I have Mcintosh as an emergency. Is there a a move where I can pick a player who is going to get zero in round 1 but will then play in round 2; eg maybe through suspension?

I have Mcintosh as an emergency. Is there a a move where I can pick a player who is going to get zero in round 1 but will then play in round 2; eg maybe through suspension?
No one on suspension who is cheap I dont think. Maybe somone like Hamling? Or someone on an extended bench and take the risk like Smedts

Ok I've got: Goodes, Saad, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Honeychurch and McCarthy all at risk of not making the final cut or being vested.

Can anyone convince me not to worry?
I can't see McCarthy missing the first couple of months actually, I've looked at him pretty hard, most GW fans have him in the 22. I have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me whether there are unlimited trades until R2 or not this year?

EDIT: Guessing not. I also have K Mc on the bench and was under the impression it's unlimited until next week. Bringing in Hamling now to get the score, don't like Smedts.

Last edited:
how the * do you do a dual possie swap n trade?

Yeah, can't seem to get it to work either. According to the site:

"A: Select the player you would like to trade OUT of your team . Then, hit the up/down arrow next to the player you would like to move into the newly vacant spot. Lastly, select the player you would like to trade IN to your team."

Perhaps it's not working due to the partial lockout or something.

I've gone and done the loop hole to get McIntosh's score, I originally said I wasn't going to do it because I didn't want to trade out either Goodes, Oxley or Saad I'd be hopefully of a 70 from all of them and I didn't think it'd be worth missing out on there first price jump and starting with them.

Today I was trying to decide my M10 spot, no real stand outs (I've allready got Newton, Cripps, Yolmen and Vandenberg.

I came up with the idea of doing the old DPP swap, I thought of moving Saad to the middle as M10 and then replaced his defensive spot with Hamling. Yes he may not be starting but I think it's worth it to lock in a tone from a defensive rookie. We've got plenty of trades to do and most of the time there's no real tactical trades to do round one (hate jumping on bandwagons or off players, we've only got to see one game from them.) so I get a week to asses some job security and where other rookies play so I can just trade someone for Hamling, worst case he'll get games in the first couple of rounds anyways.

I've gone and done the loop hole to get McIntosh's score, I originally said I wasn't going to do it because I didn't want to trade out either Goodes, Oxley or Saad I'd be hopefully of a 70 from all of them and I didn't think it'd be worth missing out on there first price jump and starting with them.

Today I was trying to decide my M10 spot, no real stand outs (I've allready got Newton, Cripps, Yolmen and Vandenberg.

I came up with the idea of doing the old DPP swap, I thought of moving Saad to the middle as M10 and then replaced his defensive spot with Hamling. Yes he may not be starting but I think it's worth it to lock in a tone from a defensive rookie. We've got plenty of trades to do and most of the time there's no real tactical trades to do round one (hate jumping on bandwagons or off players, we've only got to see one game from them.) so I get a week to asses some job security and where other rookies play so I can just trade someone for Hamling, worst case he'll get games in the first couple of rounds anyways.
Ive done the exact same. I've got Saad in the mids already so I'll slide him into the backline and trade Hamling to Vandenberg or whoever next week if I need to. Otherwise stick with Hamling

Not sure if this is the place for this question, but Hawks fans: Suckling has been named on the extended interchange this week, what is the likelihood that he will play and will he be best 22 all season (barring injury)? Cheers.

I thought about it long and hard but decided against it. I also have Saad on my mid bench with Oxley and KMac and my def bench and Goodes on the field.
My thoughts are that I would have to bench Goodes and trade Oxley to Hamling to get KMac's score and play a non scoring rookie so to gain probably 30 points it will cost me about $30K (how much Oxley might go up) or/and waste a trade if Oxley goes off and I trade him back for Hamling. Also if Oxley avg's 60 then he will go up to about $250k in probably the first 6 rounds, then one trade can make me $120K or 20 points a round, not 30 points for one round!!
All that not worth 30 pints in Rd. 1 for mine.
Also I would like to keep those two rd.1 trades for other things (trading in Hunt might be one) that pop up/fixs and I'd rather not create another one of those for the sake of 30 points in rd.1

Aaahh the last minute scramble till round 1 lockout.

- Will I also use the loophole to get Kmac's 100?
- Will I start, and maybe even captain Gaz?
- Will I bring in Redpath over Honeychurch?
- Ibbot or KK (or neither)

Decisions decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back