Round 1 Discussion

I dont think Lewis will average higher than rockliff (happy to return to this message at the end of the season)

But regardless of whether Rockliff is one or two I still think he is a lock. I had both Lewis and Rockliff. Why have one when you can have two. Especially with so many strong mid priced options at the start of the year.

People who didnt start with rocky got lucky.

If Rocky doesnt get injured I score another 60-120 points, and that takes me into the 1900-2000 range and well up into the rankings. Despite my awful performing rookies across the park. And thats an impressive feat.

Basically a fit rocky as captain and a bunch of failed rookies would almost beat the majority of people who started without rocky and may have had better luck with their rookies. The next highest captains where Ablett and Pendles. Who did awful in the case of Ablett and respecatble in the case of Pendles. Basically what im trying to suggest is that Rocky playing 100% of fhe Game as Captain and a bunch of failed rookies beats the side that banked the cash made Ablett or Pendles the captain and maybe had better luck around the rest of the ground.

Therefore he is a lock to me

Thats fine but
Rockliff was a lock. Anyone who says otherwise needs to learn how to play AFL fantasy.

So cause I finished 150th last year and dont have Rocky I need to learn to play AFL fantasy???

I can see why you think he is a lock, but I dont think that statement is correct

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Thats fine but

So cause I finished 150th last year and dont have Rocky I need to learn to play AFL fantasy???

I can see why you think he is a lock, but I dont think that statement is correct
I trust your judgement and it has paid off for you this week.

However your second mid behind Lewis (gary, pendles, beams, priddis whoever) would have been better off being a fit rocky at the sacrifice of the extra hundred grand, which im sure your team wasnt perfect. For example say you had, Kolo - Geary or Dusty - Bont would have placed you with funds to afford Rockliff and would have given you a better score this week and throughout the rest of the season (most likely) had Rocky not got injured.

Especially for a beginner, unlike yourself, a fit rocky would have been a much better bandaid that the extra hundred grand spread amongst a bunch of failed mid pricers.

Therefore - lock imo

kober3742

Debutant
Jan 1, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wow, scored 2015 for an overall rank of 329
This is my first year playing AFL Fantasy, only signed up because of ozbargain to get the free AFL Live season pass

Hi,

This response could go out to anybody. I was disappointed that Brad Scott did not play Ben Brown in round one as he is on my team. Since I am in the USA, I do not have access to real time information. Is Ben Brown supposed to play this week? Also, is it wise to start Jeremy McGovern at Forward or in defense? I have him on my forward line. This is my first foray into this and do not know a lot. Thank you very much for your opinions.

Eric

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi,

This response could go out to anybody. I was disappointed that Brad Scott did not play Ben Brown in round one as he is on my team. Since I am in the USA, I do not have access to real time information. Is Ben Brown supposed to play this week? Also, is it wise to start Jeremy McGovern at Forward or in defense? I have him on my forward line. This is my first foray into this and do not know a lot. Thank you very much for your opinions.

Eric
Team come out Thursday night at 4pm GMT+8 - So about 28 hours from this moment

I dont think Ben Brown is in Norths plans - but im not sure

With McGovern it would depend on who you have in your backs or forwards. Play him where you need him most mainly

I trust your judgement and it has paid off for you this week.

However your second mid behind Lewis (gary, pendles, beams, priddis whoever) would have been better off being a fit rocky at the sacrifice of the extra hundred grand, which im sure your team wasnt perfect. For example say you had, Kolo - Geary or Dusty - Bont would have placed you with funds to afford Rockliff and would have given you a better score this week and throughout the rest of the season (most likely) had Rocky not got injured.

Especially for a beginner, unlike yourself, a fit rocky would have been a much better bandaid that the extra hundred grand spread amongst a bunch of failed mid pricers.

Therefore - lock imo

I personally believe I can do more with that money early on. My policy is choose the person you want as captain (what ever the cost, for me Lewis). Everyone has the same cap, if he is not your captain he is not making money. Therefore dispersing those funds early on, if you pick the right players you will have as much points on the park, and you will have players earning you money.

I play differently to everyone else and normally get told my philosophy doesn't work. Year in Year out it works for me though otherwise I would have changed it. You are right though, a beginner gets guaranteed points.

I scrapped in at 8708 with 1853 and as with most people I had a plenty of under performing players. My biggest spuds were M.Priddis, L.Neale, Ibbo, H.Lumumba, J.Newnes n P.Cripps. Was pretty dissapointed in these players as they had plenty of hype + potential over the pre season.

I went on a bit of a trade road rage, reversed them and traded out 2 new spuds then repeated. Haha not really but I did instantly axe Priddis and Neale, opting for O.Wines and I.Heeney +$$$ respectively.

Just wanted to get some feedback on this, should I be trading out other players(spuds) first? Looking at it today and I dont know whether to reverse the trades. Obviously Pridda is a good dt scorer, but maybe not top a 10 player, and Im tipping Wines(was otherwise considering Ebert or Boak) to finish with an avg somewhere similar to Priddis? Hard call on Neale vs. Heeney, but Heeney has so much $$ ability and Im not sold on Neale. Freo supporters, is he worth the risk/will he become a premium mid this year or struggle for time through the midfield?

More people will view here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-week-1-trades.1092229

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He was.
Considering he's a captain lock and load. It effectively means his price is halved. Whilst he was expensive he will be the highest averaging midfielder this year and therefore having him from day one, with the captaincy on him was the smartest thing to do.

And thats what would have happened this week if he didnt get taken out. Was on tract for 120+ and would have justified all selections.

there's no player that would go close to him again this year. He gut runs the entire quarter. Always making a lead for a mark and chipping in with filthy slutty tackles.

King Rockhard

Back