Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Top scorer only got 2010, a reflection on this DT week!

I scored 1918. Content, yet can't help but be annoyed with my captain (Rockliff) going down and putting Smedts on the field instead of Kamdyn McIntosh.

Why do leagues only start in Rd2?

If i would guess, the old split first round over 2 weekends. Just hadn't updated. Also people not playing for overall honors may start late just to have fun with their mates.

Probably a few more reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1: Carnnnage

What a rocky start to the year, pun very much intended. I ended up with 1830 and a ranking of 12,088. It's a bad start to the year, but considering just how bad the majority of my team played I'm happy to scrape to 1830. Will be looking to push into the top 10-8,000 next week.

Let's start with the positives. The Satisfactory Centurions
Jordan Lewis.jpg

Jordy Lewis - 156
Luke Hodge - 115
Dan Rich - 111
Marcus Bontempelli - 104
Scott Pendles - 104
Kamdyn McIntosh - 101

A sorry amount, but an impressive bunch. I'm especially happy with my two Hawthorn boys, two very unique picks. With a lot of people not taking any key defenders into season at all I felt I couldn't do that and locked Hodge into my side from day 1. I was very happy with that decision this afternoon. And Lewy, what can I say, thank * I put him in. In other players, Rich a $$$ Caching, good job, Pendles is pendles and McIntosh - youuuuuu beauty. Love

The Negatives
747099-dustin-martin.jpg

The Premium Fails - good god there are a lot

Tommy Rockliff - 79
Gary Ablett - 61
Lachie Neale - 59
Garrick Ibbotson - 57
Dusty Martin - 53
Brad Sheppard - 52
Jack Newnes - 43
Kade Kolodjashnij - 37

A few injuries, but otherwise, just a general failure on every single level. Newnes, ugh, Neale, ughh, Kolo ugggggh, Ibbo, get fuccccked, Dustin, go and neck yourself.

Got 1911 and 3315 ranking which reasonably happy with that especially considering I had King Spud Joel Tippett (a huge score of 6) -

Lewis 312
Walker 146
Hodge 115
Rich 111
Bontempelli 104
McIntosh 101

Don't understand why people would have had Ablett (no preseason and suspect recover from his shoulder) and Rockliff (only downside with Beams and Rich added to the midfield this year) and their prices would only go down. Easier to pick them up when price comes down a bit. That is my strategy with these two.

Don't understand why people would have had Ablett (no preseason and suspect recover from his shoulder) and Rockliff (only downside with Beams and Rich added to the midfield this year) and their prices would only go down. Easier to pick them up when price comes down a bit. That is my strategy with these two.

I agree to an extent on Ablett, I think people just took the risk that if he came back scoring 120 straight away they would be able to jump some of the other better DTers.

Rockliff I disagree on. Yes there was some downside to last year, and I didn't think he was going to average 135 again. 125 was realistic though and lock for captain most weeks. You'd lose some value on him yes, but you'd have the runs on the board.

People are also forgetting he was on 79 early in the third before he got injured. A 130 was on the cards for Rocky and a great start to the year.

I agree to an extent on Ablett, I think people just took the risk that if he came back scoring 120 straight away they would be able to jump some of the other better DTers.

Rockliff I disagree on. Yes there was some downside to last year, and I didn't think he was going to average 135 again. 125 was realistic though and lock for captain most weeks. You'd lose some value on him yes, but you'd have the runs on the board.

People are also forgetting he was on 79 early in the third before he got injured. A 130 was on the cards for Rocky and a great start to the year.

Fair call.

He wasn't a lock. At least not at that price.
He was.
Considering he's a captain lock and load. It effectively means his price is halved. Whilst he was expensive he will be the highest averaging midfielder this year and therefore having him from day one, with the captaincy on him was the smartest thing to do.

And thats what would have happened this week if he didnt get taken out. Was on tract for 120+ and would have justified all selections.

Rockliff was a lock

He wasn't. I thought Lewis would average the same or more then Rocky over this season. He was my first captain choice, and I gave other people that advice. You couldn't predict the injury but he still would not have gone past Lewis or made the 150+k more you spent on him worth it

Nah cant see that happening really, pretty certain rockliff will have the highest average again at seasons end. Can't judge these things off one game

I have been saying it all pre-season. Not because of one game. There is a reason I chose Lewis as my captain in round 1 and no other 600k+ mids.

He wasn't. I thought Lewis would average the same or more then Rocky over this season. He was my first captain choice, and I gave other people that advice. You couldn't predict the injury but he still would not have gone past Lewis or made the 150+k more you spent on him worth it
I dont think Lewis will average higher than rockliff (happy to return to this message at the end of the season)

But regardless of whether Rockliff is one or two I still think he is a lock. I had both Lewis and Rockliff. Why have one when you can have two. Especially with so many strong mid priced options at the start of the year.

People who didnt start with rocky got lucky.

If Rocky doesnt get injured I score another 60-120 points, and that takes me into the 1900-2000 range and well up into the rankings. Despite my awful performing rookies across the park. And thats an impressive feat.

Basically a fit rocky as captain and a bunch of failed rookies would almost beat the majority of people who started without rocky and may have had better luck with their rookies. The next highest captains where Ablett and Pendles. Who did awful in the case of Ablett and respecatble in the case of Pendles. Basically what im trying to suggest is that Rocky playing 100% of fhe Game as Captain and a bunch of failed rookies beats the side that banked the cash made Ablett or Pendles the captain and maybe had better luck around the rest of the ground.

Therefore he is a lock to me

I have been saying it all pre-season. Not because of one game. There is a reason I chose Lewis as my captain in round 1 and no other 600k+ mids.
If lewis ends up with the highest average at seasons end (would be happy if he does) I'll gladly eat my words. Just can't see that happening really, rockliffs too superior

Remove this Banner Ad

Back