Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Easter Monday MCG (3.20pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
A few have Anderson as the sub, I hope he starts. Hard to see who else will be sub if Birchall comes back in though. The side will be harder to pick than a broken nose.

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
I just posted something similar on that Cats board. it is awesome watching Hawks and Cats games. They are always high quality and high tension games and are played the way footy should be. Can't wait for Monday, hope it is a cracker. Footy is here, life is good.

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Team list is out: http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams. Hale, Birchall and Spangher are notable absentees.

FB: Burgoyne Frawley Lake
HB: Langford Gibson Stratton

C: Smith Mitchell Hill
Foll: McEvoy Hodge Lewis

HF: Breust Gunston Shiels
FF: Puopolo Roughead Rioli

Int (from): Ceglar, Duryea, Hartung, Suckling, O'Rourke, Anderson, Schoenmakers

From 2014 GF:
In: Frawley, Ceglar, Hartung, O'Rourke, Anderson, Schoenmakers
Out: Hale, Birchall, Spangher

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Team list is out: http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams. Hale, Birchall and Spangher are notable absentees.

From 2014 GF:
No huge surprises except maybe for Hale. Birch obviously not ready yet. Agree with WWSD re emergencies. Weird that Schoey is an emergency given his lack of nab selection. Late withdrawal???

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

From 2014 GF:
BTW - check out that bloody midfield

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I know Birch hurt his knee and Spangher has had a calf injury but is/has Hale also been injured?

(Apologies if this has already been discussed, I've had my head in the cricket threads these past few weeks :oops: ).

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
I know Birch hurt his knee and Spangher has had a calf injury but is/has Hale also been injured?

(Apologies if this has already been discussed, I've had my head in the cricket threads these past few weeks :oops: ).

There has been talk that with Ceglar and Big Boy both doing so well that Hale would be strategically rested this year, seems odd to do it for a big game though. How does Hale normally go against the Cats? Not great from memory.

Hartung and Schoey are certainties to miss, but I think the third might be Duryea...

Duryea's pre-season form has been below average whilst O'Rourke however has been impressive over the course of the nab challenge. I gotta feeling they might still go with Duryea though.

There has been talk that with Ceglar and Big Boy both doing so well that Hale would be strategically rested this year, seems odd to do it for a big game though. How does Hale normally go against the Cats? Not great from memory.

Hale's games against Geelong over the years is better then any other team. His omission from this game isn't surprising though as I've said all along that Ceglar will get selected ahead of Hale given his good early form. I'm happy to see Ceglar in the side.

Cats would be one of his best opponents actually. Generally does pretty well.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surprised (but pleased) to see Schoey in the squad although most likely to end up being an emergency I suppose. Great that Anderson and the new guys have been selected - exciting times! :)

I think Clarskon is going to give Shoenmakers the opportunity to prove himself early in the season. Put his fate in his own hands.

FairCall

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Duryea's pre-season form has been below average whilst O'Rourke however has been impressive over the course of the nab challenge. I gotta feeling they might still go with Duryea though.

Not quite sure why people think Duryea's preseason has been poor, below average, ordinary etc.
Nab 1 I had mitch Langford & Jed as best 3 with Cegs & Doc next.
21D 17K 4H 85%E 5 Rebound 50s, 2 Inside 50s 5 x 1percenters equal most. That's a very good game by just about anyone's standards.
Next 2 games we went in with unofficial subs. Duryea only came on in 3rd Q 9D 88% E 3R50 & 2 In50s. His 3rd game was just ok but only played last q. Has been judged harshly.
I went to Shep game & was impressed with O'Rourkes first game ran to right spots & 2 good goals but the 3rd nab disposal ordinary. Goes hard, good 2nd efforts but not quite ready, when we have such luxury in our depth. He has only played 9 senior games. He will be very handy.
I think from the GF changes
Out as we know Hale Birch Spangher, In Frawley, Ceglar Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back