Round 1 Sheffield Shield:Tasmania vs WA, Blundstone, 2pm EDT

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now there is an all rounder! Klinger couldn't have timed that better deserves a shot ahead of some of the pretenders.

Doran another kid coming through with deficient technique. Something is seriously wrong with the way we produce young batsmen in this country.

One match and you've ruled him out? Saw him a lot in the 19's and his technique looked fine. Of course, the standard isn't as high, but still.

Havent ruled him out but dont think his technique is anything to write home about.

Im just saying we havent produced a cricketer with a watertight technique probably since Clarke.

Havent ruled him out but dont think his technique is anything to write home about.

Im just saying we havent produced a cricketer with a watertight technique probably since Clarke.

Clarke was average early on with hitting the ball in the air through gully/backward point.

Doran will be fine, he is 19 for crying out loud. He got a good ball from a very good bowler in Behrendoff. He will learn.

Would rather give some young batsmen a go. I'd be all for dropping Voges for Kling but not both. We need to use the next period before the next Ashes/SA series to get experience into younger batsmen

I don't agree with this logic. We shouldn't be handing out baggy greens to players just because they are young and to "give them experience". I am of the belief that you pick the best current team and reward the players that are in form and have been consistently performing. If it so happens that they are young then great, even better. If we do this, it will teach players that they cannot rest on their laurels just because their youth will see them have more opportunities, and this will imo create a stronger domestic competition. Winning this NZ series is important for us in chasing the no.1 ranking, so we pick our best team. If that means picking Voges and Klinger, then so be it.

Clarke was average early on with hitting the ball in the air through gully/backward point.

Doran will be fine, he is 19 for crying out loud. He got a good ball from a very good bowler in Behrendoff. He will learn.

He played all around it, was a terrible shot.

But yes 19 is certainly very young and plenty of time still to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back