Game Day Round 1: Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns MCG , 1:40pm AEDT Saturday, April 4, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I deem as being a potential 2015 side given today's announcement of Walker as captain of Adelaide.

Jetta Dunn Frost

Grimes T. McDonald Lumumba

Brayshaw Dangerfield Tyson

Vince Hogan Salem

Watts Dawes Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

JKH Petracca Pedersen Toumpas

I see us picking up Dangerfield but losing Howe and Garland.

Here is what I deem as being a potential 2015 side given today's announcement of Walker as captain of Adelaide.

Jetta Dunn Frost

Vince Hogan Salem

Watts Dawes Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

2015? Is there a new trade period I haven't heard about?

Did another one the other day after watching our Round 23 game (the only game I didn't go to/stream/watch on FTA).

B: Dunn, Frost, Jetta
HB: Lumumba, T. McDonald, Toumpas
C: Cross, N. Jones, Vince
HF: Howe, Hogan, Salem
F: Garlett, Gawn, Kent
FOL: Jamar, Viney, Tyson
I/C: Watts, Petracca, Newton
SUB: Kennedy-Harris

EMERG: Grimes, Garland, M. Jones, Bail and Brayshaw.

Did another one the other day after watching our Round 23 game (the only game I didn't go to/stream/watch on FTA).

B: Dunn, Frost, Jetta
HB: Lumumba, T. McDonald, Toumpas
C: Cross, N. Jones, Vince
HF: Howe, Hogan, Salem
F: Garlett, Gawn, Kent
FOL: Jamar, Viney, Tyson
I/C: Watts, Petracca, Newton
SUB: Kennedy-Harris

EMERG: Grimes, Garland, M. Jones, Bail and Brayshaw.
Not a bad effort but hard to see Garland not getting a spot in the back six.
I like that side quite a lot but agree that Garland (and Grimes) are likely starters. Who to squeeze out is the question. I had Frost initially making way, but from most reports he has been a pre-season standout among the defenders.

I think Truck will be the sub for Round 1. A sign of intent to play him but ease him into it.

If the likes of Michie, Brayshaw and Neal-Bullen can state their case early, competition for spots could become an actual thing.

Jetta Dunn Frost

Vince Hogan Salem

Watts Dawes Garlett

Gawn Jones Viney

Mate
I was on the danger bandwagon last year but I think Geelong will get there man

Mate
I was on the danger bandwagon last year but I think Geelong will get there man

I highly doubt he'll go to Geelong. There are other victorian clubs who will open their pockets deeper and be closer to a flag than Geelong next year.

I highly doubt he'll go to Geelong. There are other victorian clubs who will open their pockets deeper and be closer to a flag than Geelong next year.

His family is from Geelong and they have plenty of cap room
What other Victorian clubs are closer to a flag?
North don't have the cap space
Richmond would be a good fit and tempting purely for the crowds
What good player has moved to a bottom club for the money

Who are North spending all their cash on?

I could see Geelong falling away this year they've been in and out of the top 4 four a couple of years now and only just scraping wins against pretty average sides. Their stars are aging and I don't rate their youngsters as being any better than those at other clubs. Sure they got Clark last year but can they really be confident he'll get through the year unscathed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I think Danger will stay... But if he doesn't sign soon we'll see less of the funny larrikin and more or the snarly defensive snaps we saw on TFS when he came on to discuss things post Sando axing.

Also, probably should discuss Danger or other player moves in a 'hypothetical round 1 team' thread

Mitch Clark

Good call Garry
Who are North spending all their cash on?

I could see Geelong falling away this year they've been in and out of the top 4 four a couple of years now and only just scraping wins against pretty average sides. Their stars are aging and I don't rate their youngsters as being any better than those at other clubs. Sure they got Clark last year but can they really be confident he'll get through the year unscathed?

They topped up with Higgins and Waite and couldn't fit in greenwood

I guess I just don't see us getting dangerfield for anything less than a franklin contract

Yeah but its not like Melbourne is an eternity from Geelong.

Good call Garry

They topped up with Higgins and Waite and couldn't fit in greenwood

I guess I just don't see us getting dangerfield for anything less than a franklin contract

I don't think he's coming to us, I just don't buy Geelongs got him in the bag or will even be frontrunners come midyear

Probably will be the 2nd most highly paid player in the league 2016. Remember Pendlebury had lunch with him awhile ago. Eddy M very quiet.
FWIW think Collingwood will go hard. Swan, Ball retire, couple of others, Beames gone. They may have a good size war chest available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back