Official Match Thread Round 1: Southern Dragons v Geelong Gumbies @ Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
southerndragons.jpg
v
geelonggumbies.png

Teams to be in ASAP.

Dragons

FB: Jedwards Coin_Toss 15Petterd15
CHB: Big Bad Buddy beatlesmith alexlol92
C: cormick Cheetah Ljp86
CHF: lukedarcy14 wixism Pie 4 Life
FF: The Maestro okeydoke7 Absolute Gun
R: Shadow Man Chezwick Zainta
Int: Moo scooter22

Gumbies

B: Sean_09 - lewigie - Scared Scotland
HB: Ghossein - ShaunDuggan - Bartel
C: RoJo Junior - CarnTheTiges - diablo14
HF: Buckets007 - Ninty - DoubleO7
F: 2121 - winty - rizzo
R: RangaInTeal - peterss - Perth Swans
Int: Shaucob_Burjan - swannies

Bring it on: peterss

Geelong Gumbies Vice captain peterss has sent an early warning to rival sides that his team means business this season and will prove it with a round one win against the Southern Dragons at Dragon Island.

"We have recruited well and have some quality players.....in saying that so do the Shagons but we have been in great form in pre-season and in scratch matches whilst the Dragons have been up and down"

"We as a club were all dissapointed with where we finished last season but our end of season form showed we have the quality to win the premiership this season.....We have a quality squad with a mixture of senior players and some quality up and comers. Come the end of round 1 you can be rest assured that the rest of the competition will be standing up and taking note of our potential as a side and i have full faith in our boys that wewill get an early 4 points on the board in round one and start to set up our season as early as possible"

In one last notice to the Shagons and the rest of the competition peterss said:

"UNDER ESTIMATE US AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!!!"

Whats with all the games v the Dragons?! This will be like the 3rd time after a practice match and a pre season game. This time its for real, and im gonna show up Ljp once more :cool:

Ahhh so we're playing away at Fagan Island, easy win coming up.

Hoping to tear Zainta a new one, each time he's played on me during the off-season he's got the better of me, can't let that happen this time around.

Looking forward to some of our newbies, especially CTT, making their debuts in what should be a great night down in Geelongs. :thumbsu:

CARN THE GUMBIES!!!

Rivalry round isn't that important, because everyone is rivals in a way, especially with the Gumbies, because they're just too good for all the other teams. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumbies will demolish the Shagons in round 1!!! and will have the rest of the comp running for safety!

Go Gumbies!!!!!!!

Dragons Ready for Fired up Gumbies

The Southern Dragons are using last years failure in finals as motivation going into their Round One match against the Geelong Gumbies.

Dragons midfielder Chezwick says the team aren't intimidated by Geelongs good run during the pre-season and are only focused on producing the same football that led to the minor premiership last season

'Geelong have had a very consistant pre-season, while we have struggled a bit than we would of liked, but now the real stuff begins, and every member of the Dragons know what is expected', Chezwick was quoted saying.

'We as a team are driven from within, and everyone in this team knows that nothing but excellence is acceptable once we run out on to the field'.

Chezwick is enjoying rich form after moving from a pocket/HB into a inside midfielder.

'I've enjoyed the promotion to midfielder and the leadership group tremendously, and really I need to make sure that I don't fail in my roles in each game. So all I'm really focusing on is being the first to the ball every time'.

Did my PM help :p
Nahh see the Gumbies board... I went to find my self again. Went on an Ashleigh Sampi, but actually came back understanding myself.

Yeah, the PM got me here mate, I wont lie I had forgotten all about it, been busy at work, and I am now no longer listed as single, but it is great to be back! I am really in the mood to smash some unsuspecting fool, Pies 4 life on stretcher anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back