Prediction Round 1) starting 22 Have your say

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Kerridge definitely out for round 1? I thought he was still a chance. In any case, Thommo and Kerridge should be good to go round 2.

Hasnt been ruled out

when asked today Walsh said Kerridge and Thomo will be touch and go for round 1, IMO Keg would be closer than Thomo

Walshy also mentioned that Lowden will play for the sanfl side this week

Listening to Walsh today im not sure if Matyy J is a lock for round 1

Walshy liked Laird and Brown's game on the weekend and nly rated Matty J as solid in the twos

The Wash mantra is you play well you stay in the side

Reckon your 22 is correct. I just have different positions.

B: Cheney, Talia, Brown
Hb: jaensch, Hartigan, van berlo
c: Smith, b crouch, Sloane
Hf: lynch, walker, Douglas
f: Wright, Jenkins, Betts
r: Jacobs, Lyons, Dangerfield
I: Henderson, Ellis-yolman, mackay, Laird (sub)
Cey into the guts to replace unlucky crouch.

Hopefully kerridge fit enough to come on to the bench, otherwise cameron over grigg.

For round one Id have

Brown Hartigan Cheney
Henderson Talia Laird
NVB Sloane Smith
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Dangerfield
Jacobs Yoleman Lyons

Int: Mackay Jaensch _____
Sub: Grigg

Last spot goes to one of Thommo or Kerridge if they're fit. Not sure if M crouch will be given a game straight up yet....

B crouch leaves a bigger hole in our midfield than I first thought after trying to do an updated 22

The following prospective round 1 team is based on a worse case scenario of Jaensch, Thompson, Kedge and Matt Crouch not being considered due to injury/fitness issues.

Brown Hartigan Cheney
Hendo Talia Laird
Mackay Danger Smith
Lyons Walker Wright
Betts Jenkins lynch

Jacobs Douglas CEY

VB Martin Grigg (sub) Cameron

Pod's (reserve) may be considered if the opposition or team balance demand it in which case either Martin or Grigg take the vest and Cameron is reserve.

Ideally a full strength side would see Martin and Grigg omitted (on current form) and even Lyons being pushed out by M Crouch. Hopefully Cameron improves in the reserves and pushes his way into the team in his own right during the season.

Kerridge and Thommo wont play round 1.. Thommo is struggling and Kerridge wil prob need another week and a run in the sanfl.
Dmac has to play

Everyone seems to have Brodie Smith on a wing, have I missed something that says he will be heading into the midfield this year?

Everyone seems to have Brodie Smith on a wing, have I missed something that says he will be heading into the midfield this year?

The club has mentioned he will see more midfield time as he naturally develops. But it's a given considering he provides something we desperately need with his speed, line braking and penetrating kick.

In the 3 pre season games, Lyons has shown enough form to start. Where as MJ has yet to play 1 senior game.
Jaensch played in the first pre season match against North.

What I'm interested in is how he goes from playing that game, missing the second round for whatever reason to playing SANFL the following week where he only played for a half and is being listed as being managed.

Waite is 194cm, 1cm taller than Pods. I think I'd prefer a 187cm guy who can keep close to his opponent than a guy of similar height who will constantly be left behind.
the 187cm guy who can keep close and just loses in the marking contest to someone much taller and stronger?

With Pods, if our midfielders can apply enough pressure we can get North to bomb it in for a contest which would favour Pods more.

Either way it doesn't really matter that much, both aren't terribly strong as KP defenders, we're only able to rely on Talia at the moment so that second KP forward is the one that's going to be the issue/having the field day against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Walsh today im not sure if Matyy J is a lock for round 1

Walshy liked Laird and Brown's game on the weekend and nly rated Matty J as solid in the twos

The Wash mantra is you play well you stay in the side

Geeze he best be in the side.
We lack skill out of defence and thats something he provides.
Also improved his defensive side massively last year...

I think he absolutely has to play. Especially now we're short in the mids, smith/laird etc might have to do a bit more legwork.

What I'm interested in is how he goes from playing that game, missing the second round for whatever reason to playing SANFL the following week where he only played for a half and is being listed as being managed.

the 187cm guy who can keep close and just loses in the marking contest to someone much taller and stronger?

With Pods, if our midfielders can apply enough pressure we can get North to bomb it in for a contest which would favour Pods more.

Either way it doesn't really matter that much, both aren't terribly strong as KP defenders, we're only able to rely on Talia at the moment so that second KP forward is the one that's going to be the issue/having the field day against us.

Pods playing in defence means we lose a matchup immediately.
He isnt a defenders a-hole.

Probably another one of those achilles injuries....wouldnt read too much into it.

I have updated my round 1 team after seeing the latest injury list that appears to have M Jaensch available Since Thompson and the Kedge are listed as touch and go I will not list them as inclusions. They will be bonus' if they come up.

Brown Hartigan Cheney
Hendo Talia Laird
Mackay Danger Smith
Jaensch Walker Wright
Betts Jenkins lynch

Jacobs Douglas CEY

VB Lyons Grigg (sub) Martin.

Pod's (reserve) may be considered if the opposition or team balance demand it in which case either Martin or Grigg drop out.

Brads injury is infuriating but replicable, in a way it could be a gem in disguise as it opens the window for guys like CEY,M.crouch and Grigg so when he comes back around round 6/7 the group will have to start playing well for spots. I wish we could have that type of enviroment in our defence/Attack it would wake JJ up

Hendo Tallia Cheney
Brown Hartigan Jaensch
Mackay Sloane Smith
Martin Jenkins Lynch
Betts Walker,Danger

Jacobs CEY Douglas

J Pod VB Laird (Lyons) Emergency Grigg Kelly

If any one drops out Grigg in

My Take-

Brown Hartigan Henderson
Laird Talia Jeansch
Smith CEY Sloane
Wright Walker Kerridge
Lynch Jenkins Betts
Jacobs, Dangerfield, Douglas
Lyons, VB, JPod - M Crouch

Emg: Grigg Mackay Cheney

Brads injury is infuriating but replicable, in a way it could be a gem in disguise as it opens the window for guys like CEY,M.crouch and Grigg so when he comes back around round 6/7 the group will have to start playing well for spots. I wish we could have that type of enviroment in our defence/Attack it would wake JJ up
M Crouch will be first 22 upon full fitness. Better than Lyons and Grigg and CEY by a street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back