Preview Round 1: Sydney vs Essendon, ANZ Stadium, 04/04/15 @ 4:35 PM

How many will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll back Ben Howlett for round 1. We can argue till the cows come home - neither of them are in Crowley's league, and whilst Melksham may be an OK tagger I reckon Howletts pretty good also. And hes definitely a better tackler & better at clearances so he gets my vote

lol. averages 6.2 tackles to Melkshams 2.7....?? I know who I'd rather have in the team...
I ain't no fan of Melksham's, but 80% of Howlett's tackles are laid immediately after a stoppage with plenty of numbers around the ball where the opposition player being tackled has no momentum or space.

I'm reading comments suggesting fletcher should be rested from r1 as he's played no matches. Well Fletcher has had no injuries and hasn't skipped a beat in pre-season. He should be fine to play and ahead of quite a few others. The others with interrupted pre-seasons include Bellchambers (low base from 2014), Winderlich, Dempsey, pears, Hurley, Heppell, Carlisle, Myers, Browne, Kommer, hocking.

Given this if he is available to play I would think Fletcher should be an automatic selection.

I'm reading comments suggesting fletcher should be rested from r1 as he's played no matches. Well Fletcher has had no injuries and hasn't skipped a beat in pre-season. He should be fine to play and ahead of quite a few others. The others with interrupted pre-seasons include Bellchambers (low base from 2014), Winderlich, Dempsey, pears, Hurley, Heppell, Carlisle, Myers, Browne, Kommer, hocking.

Given this if he is available to play I would think Fletcher should be an automatic selection.
100% agreed.

I see most media experts have us missing the 8 and going backwards fine but...

If there is one thing I've learnt about this group of players over the last 2 and half years is they have defied the odds stacked against them on numerous occasions and this year will be no different especially if players are found not guilty.

GO DONS!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone sat behind the goals before at Olympic stadium? That is the section for opposition fans. Considering whether to sit there or amongst the swans fans on the half forward flank.

Has anyone sat behind the goals before at Olympic stadium? That is the section for opposition fans. Considering whether to sit there or amongst the swans fans on the half forward flank.
It's a rectangular stadium so if you're too far towards the pocket you're actually a lot further from the action than you'd think. Just bear that in mind. It's a s**t place for AFL.

It's a rectangular stadium so if you're too far towards the pocket you're actually a lot further from the action than you'd think. Just bear that in mind. It's a s**t place for AFL.

ahhhhhh s**t

If there is one thing I've learnt about this group of players over the last 2 and half years is they have defied the odds stacked against them on numerous occasions and this year will be no different especially if players are found not guilty.

GO DONS!!!

If players are not guilty then Essendon is right in the mix for top 4.

GO DONS!!!

There is one very strange things about the expert predictions. None of them predict us to do anything but there is no pressure on the club for topping up a list that is not expected to do anything.

A few years ago you couldn't add one player that had previously been on an AFL list without being accused of an unreasonable top up and sacrificing the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is one very strange things about the expert predictions. None of them predict us to do anything but there is no pressure on the club for topping up a list that is not expected to do anything.

A few years ago you couldn't add one player that had previously been on an AFL list without being accused of an unreasonable top up and sacrificing the future.
Well with the draft restrictions that's understandable. Also Sydney and Hawthorn have had great success doing so.

Herald Sun reporting Heppell is definitely not going to play due to knee injury even if we avoid suspensions

Herald Sun reporting Heppell is definitely not going to play due to knee injury even if we avoid suspensions

If true. It's a great opportunity for Melksham to step up and deliver on his great preseason.

EDIT: just looked at the Essendon website and Reid has declared that Heppell will play but it comes with bad news that Winderlich has reinjured his back and is out for the foreseeable future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back