Preview Round 1 Tickets Selling Fast ... Allegedly

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always wondered about this. Whether you can actually get back in if the seats get 'taken up/ sold out' whilst we are sipping away? I used to walk in early (for blockbuster games) and then gain the hard copy pass out. I don't do it anymore as I have never been sure how the scan out system works. Anybody else able to confirm this too? Maybe someone who works in a stadium? Cheers

Might be a good queation for rfc official.....as i would like to know for sure myself

I thought your membership is a pass out now... Pretty sure you have to line up again when you come back and scan in
We understand that the membership can allow you to pass out, however if it becomes a sell out whilst you are passed out can you still gain access back into the ground? Or have you now lost access due to 'sell out'?

In b4 anyone says 'if you're passed out (due to spending to long at the pub), you probably won't wouldn't get in anyway' haha

We understand that the membership can allow you to pass out, however if it becomes a sell out whilst you are passed out can you still gain access back into the ground? Or have you now lost access due to 'sell out'?

In b4 anyone says 'if you're passed out (due to spending to long at the pub), you probably won't wouldn't get in anyway' haha
Arks the mcg

I have always wondered about this. Whether you can actually get back in if the seats get 'taken up/ sold out' whilst we are sipping away? I used to walk in early (for blockbuster games) and then gain the hard copy pass out. I don't do it anymore as I have never been sure how the scan out system works. Anybody else able to confirm this too? Maybe someone who works in a stadium? Cheers
I don't work at the stadium or have any authoritive info on how this works however it would seem elementry that the scan in facilities at each gate have a counter of how many fans have entered the stadium to allow a sell out number to be monitored/managed. I guess it'd also track the barcode of all folk in the stadium. A pass out via scanning would not decrease the tally of people considered in the stadium (or more accurately having entered the stadium) however would track the barcode of such a person to allow them to re-enter later. So you come back after your beers, as long as you can present the barcode, you'll be let in and tracked as in the stadium.

Very, very safe to assume you can sip beers comfort in the fact you can get back in if you're not so hammered you can't find your ticket/barcode.

I don't work at the stadium or have any authoritive info on how this works however it would seem elementry that the scan in facilities at each gate have a counter of how many fans have entered the stadium to allow a sell out number to be monitored/managed. I guess it'd also track the barcode of all folk in the stadium. A pass out via scanning would not decrease the tally of people considered in the stadium (or more accurately having entered the stadium) however would track the barcode of such a person to allow them to re-enter later. So you come back after your beers, as long as you can present the barcode, you'll be let in and tracked as in the stadium.

Very, very safe to assume you can sip beers comfort in the fact you can get back in if you're not so hammered you can't find your ticket/barcode.
I reckon you're right mate. Official confirmation of this will have me scanning in, passing out then boobs with beers @ the royal. Hopefully a win on top too.

I’m sorry but to sit in a decent seat on the second level, where I can watch all those blues supporters start to leave at 3 qtr time is worth every single cent, than siting right at the back where i can’t see a thing!
Also for the sake of 12 dollars it costed to upgrade, if we don’t turn up and crowds go down we could loose the season opener! and i just won’t have a bar of that!

Scanning out with ur membership card does not entitle you to scan back in if it becomes a full house, because how does the stadium know ur coming back, once u scan out ur out and the more people that come in the attendance keeps rising, bottom line if ur out at the pub and u decide to come back 10 mins before the start and its a full house no one will be allowed back in...
I say this cause i know someone who wasn't allowed back in for a particular match and was arguing with staff....
Once the sold out sign is up all staff will be instructed to not allow anymore patrons in....

On the flip side, I dont think it will be a sell out but i do think it'll pull around 80K

I’m sorry but to sit in a decent seat on the second level, where I can watch all those blues supporters start to leave at 3 qtr time is worth every single cent, than siting right at the back where i can’t see a thing!
Also for the sake of 12 dollars it costed to upgrade, if we don’t turn up and crowds go down we could loose the season opener! and i just won’t have a bar of that!
Why so cheap for a 2nd level upgrade. They weren't that cheap when I looked..... Was like $40 for upgrade on 2a gss

The fact that you cannot purchase a single ticket for a level two seat at the moment is a joke, as if they've all been sold? It's clear they've staggered the sales or something and these seats will probably be available sometime next week but it just frustrates people. Why confuse the matter for people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REASONS NOT TO RESERVE A SEAT

1) this game doesn't sell out

2) top deck of the southern or Ponsford ain't bad

3) why financially help the club with some of the worst supporters in the afl

4) why financially help the club with some of the worst posters and mods in all of BigFooty

5) they chose to stop sharing the gate, so let their own toss bag fan base pay the bills for once

6) why help one of two clubs who wanted rfc to die during save our skins (blues and Norf were the two)

I can't imagine why they wouldn't share.

If I was Carlton and was asked to share with Richmond Essendon or Colllingwood I would bite the hand off any of them for the simple reason that all things being equal all three put more bums on seats than the Blues do in those big MCG set pieces. That is a simple fact.

Scanning out with ur membership card does not entitle you to scan back in if it becomes a full house, because how does the stadium know ur coming back, once u scan out ur out and the more people that come in the attendance keeps rising, bottom line if ur out at the pub and u decide to come back 10 mins before the start and its a full house no one will be allowed back in...
I say this cause i know someone who wasn't allowed back in for a particular match and was arguing with staff....
Once the sold out sign is up all staff will be instructed to not allow anymore patrons in....

On the flip side, I dont think it will be a sell out but i do think it'll pull around 80K

This is what I have been cautious of in these big games. However what happens when people scan out to have their smokes at 1/4 time etc? does this decrease the number and allow me back in? If not, how do the smokers get back in? Might ring the G for info. Truetiger you might know?

This is what I have been cautious of in these big games. However what happens when people scan out to have their smokes at 1/4 time etc? does this decrease the number and allow me back in? If not, how do the smokers get back in? Might ring the G for info. Truetiger you might know?

Good point id guess u could get back in at qtr time when people have gone out for a smoke....But like u said call the MCC for more clarification...

As far as i know if you have already scanned in then back out that would allow you for re entry. Has been awhile the last time i worked there.

General admission areas put up on MCG website this morning!
From the areas they have for gen admission I'm think it will be somewhere in the 70000s!
Which is still an epic crowd! We just get a bit greedy and forget how big the G actually is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to the Richmond FC this arvo and they stated that your barcode is registered on their (MCG) system once scanned in. I will be able to scan in, then out and head out to the pub with guaranteed entry upon return.

Tambo you're my hero...I'll be doing exactly the same....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back