Round 10 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD *Big Blue on Sat!*

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrappy but an eye on Tuesday perhaps. Nebo's finish was, again, sublime. See you Tuesday lads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeronimo? You're having a laugh if you think he would have saved us tonight. The bloke can't even start at the worst team in the competition right now. Cirio is double the player he is and he had his worst ever game for us tonight.

Jeggo was s**t tonight, along with a few others. I stated he had a decent start to the season but has fallen away badly the last few weeks. When he finally scores a goal again (could be when he's in his 30's) then we'll all praise him I bet.

he is a poacher that with half a chance could score a goal, something you needed last night and last week had wsw not been so s**t. even against us, a bloke like him could have come on in the second half, had half a chance and bang it's game on.

when he finally scores a goal AGAIN... he is a playmaker not a striker ffs.

just thought it was ridiculous the amount of hate Jeggo is getting considering none of your forwards could put away a chance and your defence was split open a number of times and you could have been 3-4 goals down at half time

he is a poacher that with half a chance could score a goal, something you needed last night and last week had wsw not been so s**t. even against us, a bloke like him could have come on in the second half, had half a chance and bang it's game on.

just thought it was ridiculous the amount of hate Jeggo is getting considering none of your forwards could put away a chance and your defence was split open a number of times and you could have been 3-4 goals down at half time
Jero missed as many chances as the rest of them if not more.

Amazing game from probably the two best strikers the league has been. Berisha can do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finishing has been a bit of a worry for us this season but with the talent at our disposal it's only a matter of time before the goals start getting banged in.

Since Jeronimo has been in Australia he hasn't been played as a playmaker. At Adelaide he was played wide or as the lone striker. He isn't a number 10 IMO. He's a much better wide player than a striker. We have enough attacking players at the club to cover the loss of Jeronimo quite easily, it's just about putting the chances away and that will come.

Slightly OT but I thought Popovic was pretty classless in response to their loss this morning. Should remember how lucky they were to be there and the great ride it was. They were outplayed (again) and this time their opponents didn't miss.

Perhaps Poppa is starting to feel the heat ?? They would wanna win soon.

Slightly OT but I thought Popovic was pretty classless in response to their loss this morning. Should remember how lucky they were to be there and the great ride it was. They were outplayed (again) and this time their opponents didn't miss.

Perhaps Poppa is starting to feel the heat ?? They would wanna win soon.

Poppa has become a straight out tool since the ACL. I said in another thread that since the ACL win, all he does is refer to the ACL win and make excuses. Here's a few:

"Two days ago we were called a small club, now we are the biggest in Asia". Biggest in Asia?

"We won the ACL", said 4 weeks after winning it.

"No other Australian club has had the success we've had", said after the loss in the world club cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back