Review Round 10 - GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Sunday June 7th, 1.10pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously think we're going to lose this.

I just have this nervous feeling in my gut that we just expect to win this game and we're not going to mentally switched on.

We'll look at their injuries, the way we responded after our only other really poor performance this year against the Hawks...

I reckon the Lions are going to come out and go whack this week and get us, by about 3 goals.

I don't think they have the horses. Itll be closer than we'd like, but I think we get home.

They won't be able to go with our midfield. And our guys will be so pissed off after last week

Remember when they lost to WC: next week beat hawthorn = Look out Brisbane

And that's why I think they'll turn up half-assed expecting it.

See how the Lions started last week?

Mate I reckon we're in real trouble here.

See how the Lions started last week?

Mate I reckon we're in real trouble here.

You missed the other three quarters obviously then. :p Giants should romp this one home.

Wow, talk about being pessimistic in here.

Brisbane have been hit pretty hard with injuries and you have to feel for them. That being said this is a game we should win, playing back at Spotless is a huge advantage to us. We've played great there every time this year and I expect that to continue.

Wow, talk about being pessimistic in here.

Brisbane have been hit pretty hard with injuries and you have to feel for them. That being said this is a game we should win, playing back at Spotless is a huge advantage to us. We've played great there every time this year and I expect that to continue.
Just my opinion.

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll turn up expecting a 10 goal romp. And pay for it, dearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

File this away under "Bodes Well"

"Look for a spirited opening from Greater Western Sydney against the Brisbane Lions on Sunday if their main training session is anything to go by, reports Adam Curley.

The Giants were smashed by the Western Bulldogs last week in contested ball and the players looked keen to bounce back, with several solid clashes leading to some sore bodies at Spotless Stadium midweek.

Youngster Caleb Marchbank, who came to the club as part of the Tom Boyd/Ryan Griffen deal, was left worse for wear after throwing himself courageously into a marking contest, while co-captain Phil Davis was noticeably vocal in an intense session.

GWS has responded well to losses this season. The Giants’ last defeat against the Eagles was followed by an upset win over last year’s premier Hawthorn."

Looking forward to seeing Steele make his debut but it's a sign of how well the team is travelling that have only needed to make minimal changes so far this year. I think all those that were selected deserve their spot in the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only team in the entire comp that hasn't played a debutant yet this year.

Whodathunkthat at the beginning of the year?
Actually me. I didn't think we'd get much out of last years recruits this year. None of them screamed Round 1 material when we drafted them.
I didn't think we'd be the only team in that position though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back