Review Round 11, 2015: Collingwood v Box Hill Hawks, 27 June 2015, 12.12pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Having only watched the video I would have given Gus BOG. His rebound was iffy but his defensive work, against bigger bodies especially was first rate.

Horrible game to watch, too many stoppages. McEvoy hardly ever directs a tap, rarely jumps and can be comprehensively out bodied.

None of the forwards looked dangerous so hard to slam them all, ball delivery and BHH not dealing with the Plus one were probably the cause.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Are these stats anywhere online? I see similar stats for NEAFL (minus the DT score) but can't seem to find the VFL stats.

You can get stats here on the VFL website but it takes a few days for them to be uploaded (they are there now though).

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124365312&c=1-118-0-339767-0&pool=1

The stats posted above are the same as the ones on the Footy Live app I have on my phone but I can't seem to get that site anywhere online to be able to post them on here, not sure how grimlock does it :confused:

I manually update them into an Excel spreadsheet. I've been keeping stats of VFL, SANFL, WAFL and NEAFL so I thought might as well post them on here.

Dunny82

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can get stats here on the VFL website but it takes a few days for them to be uploaded (they are there now though).

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124365312&c=1-118-0-339767-0&pool=1

The stats posted above are the same as the ones on the Footy Live app I have on my phone but I can't seem to get that site anywhere online to be able to post them on here, not sure how grimlock does it :confused:

I manually update them into an Excel spreadsheet. I've been keeping stats of VFL, SANFL, WAFL and NEAFL so I thought might as well post them on here.

Awesome, thanks guys! Thought the website might have the DT scores as well but think I'll get the app to have a look there, good to see the scores alongside the stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordovician

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Upon distant reflection the most disturbing thing about that game was the way the pies midfield zone/press with its relentless tackling pressure stopped dead most of our attempts to move the ball through the centre. I can't remember many times that we squared the abll in defnce to bring the ball up the other side of the ground. Consequently we spent a lot of time moving the ball around the boundary line with the inevitable outcomes. A few times we moved the ball diagonally across the zone and that worked out but to restrict a high scoring team like BH to 9 goals for a full game when the ground was dry and where the mildest of breezes in spite of whatever brain dead feckwits might claim, was not an issue at all.

I thought that this was a result of bad coaching which along with the Schoey to defence move, severely prejudiced our capacity to win the game. Sure Vic park is small but Bello has to come up with tactics to overcome a tight zone like the one the pies applied, or else we will hit the same issues again and again.

Back