Round 11 - Melbourne vs Port @ TP

Remove this Banner Ad

And you don't seem to understand basic human vision and logic. Goal umpire and myself thought it was a point which it was. End of discussion.
Go back and read what you have posted. It was touched, nothing to do with hitting the post. It hit the post after the entire ball crossed the line and rebounded into the post. Your whole argument is invalid. Bravo.

Melbourne played great, but the commentating today was awful and completely one sided. Unbearable to listen to.

Just had enough to get over the line there. Melbourne really had us figured out, and tbh they are the type of team that will challenge us this year. Decision making and hands have been really poor the last couple of weeks. We need to mentally refresh.

Just upset to watch that. Salem goals with 8 on the clock and we have all the run. Then we got too technical. Too much chipping around the back. We could have gotten another and kept on running, but Port remembered that they actually do know how to run out games and decided to give us 4 in a row to make it look like they walked it in.

I know they're a different level, but we did the exact same thing vs the Dogs and I thought we might have changed tact.

Oh well, disappointing.

20 points is a good effort.

Could and should have been better.

Melbourne played great, but the commentating today was awful and completely one sided. Unbearable to listen to.

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Gotta love the Bigfooty mentality, one week everyone is getting on the bandwagon then one down game which we still win and everyone starts sharpening their pitchforks.

EDIT: Full respect to the Dees, great game from them and unlucky not to get a win. Flattest club song I've heard in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You what mate
lol sorry mate, thought you were saying Melbourne were going to lose by 10 goals plus, just re-read it, it wasn't you

Go back and read what you have posted. It was touched, nothing to do with hitting the post. It hit the post after the entire ball crossed the line and rebounded into the post. Your whole argument is invalid. Bravo.

What I said originally was that the goal review was a waste of time, which it was.

Just upset to watch that. Salem goals with 8 on the clock and we have all the run. Then we got too technical. Too much chipping around the back. We could have gotten another and kept on running, but Port remembered that they actually do know how to run out games and decided to give us 4 in a row to make it look like they walked it in.

I know they're a different level, but we did the exact same thing vs the Dogs and I thought we might have changed tact.

Oh well, disappointing.

20 points is a good effort.

Could and should have been better.
I wouldn't worry about the wins-loss columns this year, man. Your team has gone from easy beats to the team that can't be thrashed. That's a significant improvement. Assuming Roos keeps you in that direction, you'll be competing for the 8 again in a year or two.

Don't worry, it will be next time.

LOL - next time we (unless the injury gods really hate us) will have a more complete side that will stand up to resist your game plan

Sydney had a very ordinary MCG record in 2012 and look how that handed out. If Port can make sure they get top 2 the MCG becomes less important.

we shall see :p

What I said originally was that the goal review was a waste of time, which it was.
Don't want to get involved in someone else's argument, but the review was justified and it looked very much like the ball bounced over the line (although the footage wasn't conclusive, might have caught the line, too) before it then changed direction off the bounce and hit the post.

So to review to check whether it was 100% over the line when it bounced was not a waste of time at all.

Good to see Melbourne not being a train wreck, onwards and upwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back