Preview Round 11 St Kilda vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Posted in media thread also

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138107/default.aspx

McEvoy Eyes Crows Return
ST KILDA'S ruck crisis is nearing an end with Scott Watters revealing first-choice ruckman Ben McEvoy is in line to return from knee surgery against Adelaide next week.

They have their bye after that, but Watters said he would not be tempted to put his stars in cotton wool until after the break.

"When [Fisher's] ready to go, he's ready to go. Potentially Ben McEvoy, Sam Fisher and Jarryn Geary will all be available next week, which off a six-day break, would bring a bit of freshness into the side," Watters said from Melbourne airport.

"We'll assess them next week at training, but we're pretty optimistic."

You would think Fisher and Geary should be right to go next week at least.

Fisher has been out for about 5 or 6 weeks now which should be enough time to recover from a hamstring injury providing there were no major setbacks while Geary could probably play this week if it was a more important game. Not sure about McEvoy but he can't be too far away.

I guess the other consideration is that we have a bye after next week so if there are any risks with them they might be tempted to give them another two weeks off and bring them back after the bye. The Adelaide game is really a must win game for us though.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we won

Not quite as much buildup as the Richmond game hey? :p

Also not as many opposition supporters weighing in. Guess Richmond do have a slight advantage with numbers there.

Agreed, Saad to rip s**t up. Get on him for first goal.

All players named were training today and from my spies on the ground all looked fit & ready to go.

I think Cripps will be a late out and that Raph Clarke will definitely come in. I also heard that Clint Jones was going to be dropped earlier in the week but he seems to have kept his place

Steven Baker's five ways to stop Ablett
1. TAKE HIS TIMING AWAY
At a stoppage I’d wait until the ball was at its peak and he was just about to make his move, then I’d give him a big hip and shoulder to knock him off balance.

2. TAKE HIS BREATH AWAY
I had to revert to more dirty tactics for him than I did for most, little shots to the sternum to take the wind out of his sails was one.

3. ANNOY HIM
Punch the back of his arm in the same spot all game. You’ve got to try and take his concentration off the ball. I remember standing on his feet a few times just before he wanted to take off.

4. HALT HIS MOMENTUM
Not just at the stoppages. Even if it was 100m off the ball and I was running alongside him and he wasn’t concentrating I’d stop and prop in front of him to try and knock him on his a---.

5. GET VOCAL
He loves the handball around the back so I was verbalising him one day about how he was getting the cheap kicks ... but I think he enjoys that banter.

READ MORE - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...st-player-to-tag/story-e6frf9jf-1226389471869

Looking forward to seeing clarke and shneiderman play if the rumours are true... was hoping Cripps would stay in though - want to see how he performs against the lesser bodies of GC. Completely fair to drop him back though... Sadly I don't think we'll see much more of him this season barring injuries.

Looking forward to seeing clarke and shneiderman play if the rumours are true... was hoping Cripps would stay in though - want to see how he performs against the lesser bodies of GC. Completely fair to drop him back though... Sadly I don't think we'll see much more of him this season barring injuries.
Pretty sure the reason he's going out is he's injured

Watters is said to be frustrated by Cripps and the way he always seems to have an injury despite there being nothing wrong with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watters is said to be frustrated by Cripps and the way he always seems to have an injury despite there being nothing wrong with him

You don't mean like Munchhausen syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münchausen_syndrome

Münchausen syndrome is a psychiatricfactitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention or sympathy to themselves.

or is is that he feigns injury to detract blame away from himself when he performs poorly?

Haha AFL website even gets his name wrong

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138133/default.aspx

Gold Coast v St Kilda at Metricon Stadium, 4.40pm

LATE CHANGES
Gold Coast: Nil
St Kilda: Farren Ray replaced in selected side by Raphael Clarke, Jason Cripps replaced in selected side by Adam Schneider

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Gold Coast: Trent McKenzie, Josh Caddy, Alex Sexton
Substitute: Matt Shaw
St Kilda: Jack Newnes, David Armitage, Stephen Milne
Substitute: Adam Schneider

Odd to see Farren go out
I think it may just be a rest so he can be good for the match vs Adelaide, he is a quick player and only last week did he really under perform where as 2-4 weeks ago he played real good vs Carlton etc. So i think he should be back next week. As we may need his speed for the crows... On another note, great to see Raph get a shot under scotty, and SCHNEIDERMENS BACK =D

Raph has been told that his role is to kick long and not stuff around with short passes.

Gilbert will also line up on a wing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back