Review Round 12: Box Hill Hawks v Frankston Dolphins, 4 July 2015, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

After two weeks spent on the road, the Hawks are back in the familiar environment of Box Hill City Oval to host the winless Dolphins. Unsurprisingly, Frankston props up the VFL ladder whilst the Hawks cling to top spot by percentage after going down to the Magpies last weekend by two points with effectively the last kick of the game.

With only a game and percentage separating top spot from seventh on the VFL ladder at the moment, the Hawks will not want to be complacent and no doubt the Dolphins would love to cause a huge upset and record their first win of the season.

One thing to keep an eye on is how Box Hill reacts to the sudden requirement of Hawthorn to raid its depth stocks with the injuries to Roughead and Frawley keeping them out of the team for the next few weeks (at least). With Spangher hopefully okay to play this weekend after rolling an ankle against the Pies, the Hawks could suddenly be light on for Hawthorn-listed players, which of course creates opportunities for Box Hill's VFL-listed contingent. However, the Hawks may miss David Mirra after he also injured his ankle early in the game against Collingwood. There's not been any word on whether he'll be available to play on Saturday.

In the meantime, the development squad continues to roll through the season undefeated after smashing Port Melbourne's reserves by 107 points last Sunday. They host Frankston's reserves from 11am on Saturday morning, with Shem Tatupu in particular no doubt licking his lips (should he not be selected for Box Hill's senior team).

As per usual, 3WBC will provide live coverage from 1pm on Saturday. You can tune in your transistor radios on 94.1FM if you're in the eastern suburbs, stream the coverage live at www.3wbc.org.au or use the TuneIn app on your smart device.

Additionally, Box Hill's official twitter feed will provide regular updates of the score from both the development squad and the senior team. You can follow the Hawks at www.twitter.com/boxhillhawks

Teams to follow later today.

Box Hill Hawks vs. Frankston
Saturday, Jul 04
Box Hill City Oval at 2pm

Box Hill Hawks

B O'Brien Heatherley Willsmore
HB Miles Litherland Howe
C Hartung Hardisty Webster
HF Sicily Woodward Sheridan-Ferrie*
F Tatupu Grimley Pittonet
R B. McEvoy O'Rourke Simpkin

Int From:
Crocker Lock Collins Tobin O'Donnell Iles
Gordon S. Gibson Lawlor

Saturday, Jul 04
Box Hill City Oval at 11am

Box Hill Hawks

B
Crocker Collins Evans
HB S. Gibson Gordon Exon
C Lewis Iles Lock
HF Tobin L. Langford Lawlor
F Jones P. McEvoy Switkowski
R R. Monkhorst Williams O'Donnell

Int From
Sullivan Kidd Franetic Bond Murphy Summers Fitzpatrick
Codd-Miller Fisher Harvey Dimasi Walker Graham

Missing from the Hawks list are Roughhead, Whitecross, Frawley, Brand and Anderson. Miles and Webster are back and Tatupu is set to make his senior debut. Dave Mirra is missing from the BHH list

Saturday, Jul 04
Box Hill City Oval at 2pm

Box Hill Hawks

B O'Brien Heatherley Willsmore
HB Miles Litherland Howe
C Hartung Hardisty Webster
HF Sicily Woodward Sheridan-Ferrie*
F Tatupu Grimley Pittonet
R B. McEvoy O'Rourke Simpkin

Int From:
Crocker Lock Collins Tobin O'Donnell Iles
Gordon S. Gibson Lawlor

Saturday, Jul 04
Box Hill City Oval at 11am

Box Hill Hawks

B
Crocker Collins Evans
HB S. Gibson Gordon Exon
C Lewis Iles Lock
HF Tobin L. Langford Lawlor
F Jones P. McEvoy Switkowski
R R. Monkhorst Williams O'Donnell

Int From
Sullivan Kidd Franetic Bond Murphy Summers Fitzpatrick
Codd-Miller Fisher Harvey Dimasi Walker Graham

Missing from the Hawks list are Roughhead, Whitecross, Frawley, Brand and Anderson. Miles and Webster are back and Tatupu is set to make his senior debut. Dave Mirra is missing from the BHH list
Great opportunity to see how Shem adjusts to the step up!

Congratulations to big big Shem on his first outing in the VFL seniors. Hopefully, he finds his feet quickly, gets some early touches and most importantly takes the game on. We don't want timid Shem, we want splitting packs Shem. Don't hope it happens, Shem - make it happen!! :thumbsu:

Should be a good day out tomorrow. Need to play more consistently after last week's real disappointment. I'll summarise the players afterwards as per usual.
Do you think the minute silence for AFL games will also extend into state leagues like VFL tomorrow? Not sure if they will but I think all games this weekend in the major leagues should show some respect to the tragedy. Just a thought though.

Should be a good day out tomorrow. Need to play more consistently after last week's real disappointment. I'll summarise the players afterwards as per usual.
Do you think the minute silence for AFL games will also extend into state leagues like VFL tomorrow? Not sure if they will but I think all games this weekend in the major leagues should show some respect to the tragedy. Just a thought though.
Yep show respect for the man,such a tragedy

F Tatupu Grimley Pittonet - wow, I hope Frankston have a tall, solid backline cos I think Ill call those poor lambs playing down back 'ham' cos they will certainly be the meat in the sandwich if they crunched between one of those 3 especially Shem and Pittonet.

Given Roughy's absence, now is the time to see if Shem can make the first big step.

All the very best to the young man.

That would be something we all would love to see. Hope you have a good game Shem.

Actually, I am hoping to see a team with both Shem and Kurt in it, and surpassing what the best Irishmen have done in our great game.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect the boys will want to bounce back strongly today after disappointing last week. It is a big game for those teetering on the brink of senior selection.
Good luck to Shem on his senior VFL debut.
Hoping for updates from the usual suspects during the course of the game.
Just had a clean up of the knee or I would be there. Really enjoyed our game against Sandy.

Looks to me like Shem is going to draw a crowd to City Oval. I am confident he won't let us down.

I've just arrived at a cold and wet Oval. I reckon you could count the crowd on the fingers of one hand. Not quite literally but if there are more than a couple of hundred here we are doing well. It's a day for the die hards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back