Review Round 12: Box Hill Hawks v Frankston Dolphins, 4 July 2015, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Core midfield is doing very well: Woodward, O'Rourke and Simpkin doing what they usually do in the terrible conditions. Hartung and Hardisty also getting their names called a fair bit on the radio.

Heatherly seems to always hold his marks and uses the ball well; seems to be reading the drop of the ball exceptionally well today. Big Shem's been quiet but has still kicked two, one from a really strong contested mark. Sicily's working hard to get to the ball but not getting scoreboard reward for it.

McEvoy seems to be winning a heap of the ruck contents, with Pittonet is making a few good cameos. Daniel Howe's been solid but has made some silly mistakes, and Teia Miles was also having a solid game but unfortunately hobbled off.

The Box Hill listed players are doing great: Lock, O'Donell and Gordon are getting tonnes of the ball and generally doing well with it. David Mirra is commentating better than the actual commentators, which in itself is worth commendation.

Looking forward to the fourth quarter in my nice heated room with the radio :p

What does Woodward have to do in order to get a game? He's been just as good in the VFL so far this year compared to last year. He may even win the Liston Trophy again and he still can't force his way into the team. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bello's comments in the mid season report card make me think the club doesn't see Woody as AFL level

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah he didn't get much of a write up, did he? Won't be surprised to see him seek a trade at years end.

Agree with others, the write up on Woody was very brief and hardly supportive of him. He is super consistent at this level, not sure how they can just dismiss him as an option for the seniors when he is almost best on every week.

Big commendation by David Mirra for Dan Howe post-game. Best first year player he's seen come through in his time he reckons. That list would include Anderson, Hill and Hartung.

FT: Box Hill Hawks 15.12 (102) d Frankston 5.7 (37)
Excellent. Good percentage boost too.

And Tatupu kicked a couple as well, so I read. Keep that improvement steadily moving upwards, Shem.

Big commendation by David Mirra for Dan Howe post-game. Best first year player he's seen come through in his time he reckons. That list would include Anderson, Hill and Hartung.
Yeah I really like what I've seen of Howe reckon he is going to be a good big bodied mid for us

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agree with others, the write up on Woody was very brief and hardly supportive of him. He is super consistent at this level, not sure how they can just dismiss him as an option for the seniors when he is almost best on every week.

Probably in direct competition with Mitchell/Shiels for a spot....Which one does he displace?....No flexibility, size or skill-set to play any other position.

I'm with him. He looks to have a very bright future on what I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back