Review Round 12: Box Hill Hawks v Frankston Dolphins, 4 July 2015, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably in direct competition with Mitchell/Shiels for a spot....Which one does he displace?....No flexibility, size or skill-set to play any other position.
Not arguing that, but both have missed games this year and he never got a look in. At least give him a chance to show that he is/isn't capable at the level

Probably in direct competition with Mitchell/Shiels for a spot....Which one does he displace?....No flexibility, size or skill-set to play any other position.

Yes that's the nuts and bolts of it - I am very disappointed as he will be gawn to richer pastures

Wasn't the main thing holding Woodward back from senior selection was that he wasn't impacting the scoreboard enough? Today a big step in the right direction if so.

Big commendation by David Mirra for Dan Howe post-game. Best first year player he's seen come through in his time he reckons. That list would include Anderson, Hill and Hartung.

Needs to be remembered that Howe was drafted as a 19 year old, with an extra year's development at TAC CUP level....Just saying.

Ahhh... back home with the heating on full blast :)

Definitely noticed Howe in the second half and also Hartung. Wasn't really a day for tall forwards but even so I didn't think any of them impressed although Shem did pretty well for his first game. Our backline was pretty good at sending the ball back, in particular Gordon. Even though we won easily I didn't think we played that well, Frankston just aren't very good. Lots of turnovers and the ball going from one end to the other with no scores. Our third quarter was pretty good but I don't think Bello would be happy with the last quarter as we let Frankston get some easy goals.

Last edited:
Yes that's the nuts and bolts of it - I am very disappointed as he will be gawn to richer pastures

2 consecutive knee recos haven't exactly aided him, by blunting what little pace & penetration he had by foot to begin with.

Wasn't the main thing holding Woodward back from senior selection was that he wasn't impacting the scoreboard enough? Today a big step in the right direction if so.

True....But we were playing stone, mother-less last Frankston.....More to the point: What's Joffa got to do to get an AFL game?

Both, like Cheney & Hallahan before them, would be AFL senior regulars at another club.

2 consecutive knee recos haven't exactly aided him, by blunting what little pace & penetration he had by foot to begin with.

True....But we were playing stone, mother-less last Frankston.....More to the point: What's Joffa got to do to get an AFL game?

Both, like Cheney & Hallahan before them, would be AFL senior regulars at another club.

Guts and determination is Woody's trademark

GOALS: Woody 3, Shrek 2, Stones 2, Lock 2, BB, O'B, Joffa, Web, O'D, Willsmore.
BEST: Joffa, BB, Heatherley, Willsmore, Howe, O'Rourke.

According to VFL score-centre site.

Interesting list of 'bests'; no Woody and I wouldn't have have had Willsmore on my list (although did kick a goal towards the end of the game). Tbh though, was one of those funny games where no one stood out a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that goes with such a strong list, and that's what's needed to win premierships.
Better to have conversations of this nature, than discussing who, or how many, we should cut.

That's true, we were playing last place. But then you'd think the forwards would've had a day out along with the other mids who are constant goal kickers. Instead Woody got game high goals himself. A stand out performance.

Interesting list of 'bests'; no Woody and I wouldn't have have had Willsmore on my list (although did kick a goal towards the end of the game). Tbh though, was one of those funny games where no one stood out a lot.
Didn't think anyone stood out,backline was good they didn't see the ball down that much Gus and kiwi were good.centre line and forwards good nice to see Shem get his gaol even grimas was going ok.bloody freezing day but

GOALS: Woody 3, Shrek 2, Stones 2, Lock 2, BB, O'B, Joffa, Web, O'D, Willsmore.
BEST: Joffa, BB, Heatherley, Willsmore, Howe, O'Rourke.

According to VFL score-centre site.
can you give us there proper names minus the nicknames as many readers aren't familiar with nicknames or guessing who shreks etc is..thanks

can you give us there proper names minus the nicknames as many readers aren't familiar with nicknames or guessing who shreks etc is..thanks

I'll translate for you...

GOALS: Wooward 3, Tatupu 2, Grimley 2, Lock 2, McEvoy, O'Brien, Simpkin, Webster, O'Donnell, Willsmore.
BEST: Simpkin, McEvoy, Heatherley, Willsmore, Howe, O'Rourke.

I'll translate for you...

GOALS: Wooward 3, Tatupu 2, Grimley 2, Lock 2, McEvoy, O'Brien, Simpkin, Webster, O'Donnell, Willsmore.
BEST: Simpkin, McEvoy, Heatherley, Willsmore, Howe, O'Rourke.

I'TS lucky I brought the secretary.:D

Howe was best on ground by a mile. The kid is really developing well
Simpkin was also good as well Woody played most of the game forward as we wanted to see what some of our youngens could do against frankston.
Hardisty played on ball most game and it was good to see zac webster run out the game was stuffed by the end of the game along with Howe who had run himself into the ground.
Very scrappy game credit to frankston for the pressure and tackling they just did not have many players able to transition the ball forward to score.
2 goals from Shem who had been promoted this week was a good effort given the way the ball was coming in.
Woody was good up forward kicked 3 sausage rolls. Its good for his development.

Only down side was teia miles going off with an ankle / leg injury hope the kid is back soon
Other news Whitex didn't play prolly rested
David Mirra will miss another week at most which is great news.

Howe was best on ground by a mile. The kid is really developing well
Simpkin was also good as well Woody played most of the game forward as we wanted to see what some of our youngens could do against frankston.
Hardisty played on ball most game and it was good to see zac webster run out the game was stuffed by the end of the game along with Howe who had run himself into the ground.
Very scrappy game credit to frankston for the pressure and tackling they just did not have many players able to transition the ball forward to score.
2 goals from Shem who had been promoted this week was a good effort given the way the ball was coming in.
Woody was good up forward kicked 3 sausage rolls. Its good for his development.

Only down side was teia miles going off with an ankle / leg injury hope the kid is back soon
Other news Whitex didn't play prolly rested
David Mirra will miss another week at most which is great news.
And Anderson due back next week from that back injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back