VFL Round 12 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 78-68! Replay post 420, page 17)

Remove this Banner Ad

They hate us, but they are irrelevant to us, St Kilda that is.

I love how we are apparently the "filth" yet we are discussing the game in a civilized manner, without childish jibes at the other side, will even their mods have sunk low enough to only use the word filth instead of an actual side. :$

Says quite a lot about their club TBH.

Just got home from the game, my 4th VFL game of the year. Was the only one that I have watched so far that Abbott has done anything - he was good. Attacks the contest hard and makes smart decisions. 3 goals was it? Crap conditions for forwards too.

Again I was impressed with Manteit, this kid has a future. Stood up when we needed someone to in the last.

Scharenberg was good defensively but didn't appear to get that much of it. When he does though, makes great decisions.

Cox rucked quite well I thought. He seems to be understanding the game a bit more too & his kicking is actually OK.

PK was PK, another good VFL game.

Kenno was great. Attacks the pill hard all day and keeps running.

Marsh's disposal is still not up to scratch. His turnovers would really burn us at AFL level.

Happy we held on and won - setting the VFL side up for a big finish to the year.

GRUNDY INJURED ACCORDING TO COLLINGWOOD WEBSITE!

ff3c12c649.png

Haha calm down he's not really injured, we just need better proof-readers.

I love how we are apparently the "filth" yet we are discussing the game in a civilized manner, without childish jibes at the other side, will even their mods have sunk low enough to only use the word filth instead of an actual side. :$

Says quite a lot about their club TBH.

Happy to be the filth when they have always been, and will always be the most irrelevant team in the history of the AFL/VFL.

So Grundy absolutely torched Hickey ? Interestingly, St.Kilda traded pick 12 for Hickey in the same draft we got Grundy with pick 18......

Happy ****ing Days.

That fact alone has made my day. Another solid VFL win is just icing on the cake.

Collingwood 6.3 9.6 9.11 11.12 (78)
Sandringham 2.0 4.3 5.6 10.8 (68)

GOALS
Collingwood: Abbott 3, Karnezis 2, Dwyer, Moloney, Blair, Gault, Gray, Seedsman
Sandringham: McCartin 2, Payne, Cockie, Brown, Saunders, Saad, Cook, Shenton, Holmes

BEST
Collingwood: Cox, Abbott, R.Pendlebury, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Young
Sandringham: Delaney, Jones, Saunders, Templeton, Cockie, McCartin

Quick views:

Armstrong - didn't seem to get as much footy as last week, but think he had a more defensive role and we had most of the play for 3 quarters

Marsh - had a good start to the third, but overall a quieter day more defensive day for him keeping McCartin quiet

Scharenberg - started on fire and stayed involved throughout. Team mates are looking for him more and more when setting up play and why wouldn't you, he's a great kick, hard and flat. Don't think he'll ever be a wrecking ball, more the finishing class.

Young - you know what you're going to get from him, but along with Manteit really stood up when needed in the last.

Seedsman - thought he really found a bit of form today, got a bit of footy and used it well. Few nice spoils in the last.

Manteit - great last quarter, stood tall in defence and repelling attacks.

Karnezis - kicked a couple of important goals, but didn't really stand out

Goodyear - didn't really notice him, but I was in the Ryder Stand and most of the play was on the other wing

Gault - looks better when he can lead to the ball and move around the ground rather than a stationary target

Abbott - some really classy bits of play, looks like we've got a player here. Bad news for those who are a fan though, came off once holding his left shoulder, went back on, but came off in the last looking in worse pain.

Cox - probably the best I've seen him play, some nice marks, dropped a few sitter when one out, but in packs when he couldn't mark it he either spoiled or contested and brought the ball to ground. Seemed to be filling the defensive hole in the last quarter and again impacted several contests

Kennedy - is a real terrier in the clearances, hard at it and good burst of speed, too good for VFL

Grundy - sent a scare around the ground when he went down 1 minute into the game, but came back and worked himself into the game. Ended up dominating the ruck and got several clearances. Was missed in last.

Dwyer - really good game for him, heaps of footy and some nice defensive efforts

Sinclair - another good game, but probably still needs another run. His pace and run and carry were really good

They are a Pack of Flogs.

I won't give them Replay Link then

Good boy.

Was hoping all week that we would beat them so that I could give them a nice spray coming off the ground as losers, but then the events of yesterday happened, which meant it didn't really feel appropriate in the circumstances...

Still glad we beat them, though.

Collingwood 6.3 9.6 9.11 11.12 (78)
Sandringham 2.0 4.3 5.6 10.8 (68)

GOALS
Collingwood:
Abbott 3, Karnezis 2, Dwyer, Moloney, Blair, Gault, Gray, Seedsman
Sandringham: McCartin 2, Payne, Cockie, Brown, Saunders, Saad, Cook, Shenton, Holmes

BEST
Collingwood:
Cox, Abbott, R.Pendlebury, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Young
Sandringham: Delaney, Jones, Saunders, Templeton, Cockie, McCartin

Cox was not even Close to BOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got home from the feezer that was Vic Park today, will attempt a review below. Stood with Dave and our VFL group near the bench, watched the end of the Giants/Tigers game on a phone, saw Scharenberg and Marsh hold us together down back, good day.

Anyway;

2; Dwyer; In the bests again, as he always is at this level. Some of his second efforts were inspiring today.
7 Kennedy; If he wasn't best on ground he'd be damn close to it. Brilliant in patches, including the start of the third term when no one would help him. Came off in the first 30 second with Brodie in a double blood rule, they laughed about it when coming back on.
12; Scharenberg; Once again better then last week, I'm calling it, he's ready for senior footy, If Maynard was ready, so is Matty now. He set up the winning goal by winning a contest on the wing and using it well.
14; Young; Ok I guess, used it well most of the time, had a shocker in the third but it rolled out of bounds so didn't hurt us.
17; Marsh; Played on McCartin and blanketed him for three quarters. Brilliant defensively but his kicking isn't good, we know that. In the bests again
19; Greenwood; DIDN'T PLAY, general soreness, more like leg soreness given as the excuse.
27; Amrstrong; Did ok at times, but didn't have a massive impact on the game
28; Sinclair; Too good for this level but isn't anywhere near ready to go, Only played 3/4 of the game time, although did come back on late in the last quarter to help save us.
33; Karnezis; Thought he was good today, kicked the match sealing goal, tackled pretty well, played well I thought.
38; Goodyear; Got him confused with Jake Williams a lot because they look so similar, but he had an impact at times, I think.
39; Manteit; A quieter game for him but he shows plenty of potential.
40; Seedsman; Was he being saved for Thursday? Spent more time on the bench then on the ground in the second half after being in our best 3-4 players in the first half.
41; Abbott; The Big Show was back, the goal to start the final term and the celebration was rather nice. Hurt his shoulder twice in the final quarter, hope he's ok.
44; Gault; Played up forward and in the ruck, did ok, without being a standout at any point.
46; Cox; Presented well up forward but just couldn't hold a mark. One real highlight was a beautiful kick to Patty 30 out on the chest. he is improving every time he plays.

Of the VFL listed players Williams, Moloney, Pendlebury amd Gray stood out, although Gray missed too many shots that could have sealed it.

Story of the day..... Grundy will play vs Port, Seedsman maybe, Levi out was a disappointment, Marsh and Shazz great down back.

Another good VFL win, against another top 4 team.

Thanks Matty, but you left out Grundy in ur review

Thanks Matty, but you left out Grundy in ur review
Yeah, just noticed that, wasn't listed in the record as I was going down by numbers, added his review just then;

4; Grundy; Was close to best on ground for the first three quarters for sure, really strong in the ruck, took some big marks around the ground and used it well. Rested in the final term, presumably for the trip to Adelaide.

So Grundy absolutely torched Hickey ? Interestingly, St.Kilda traded pick 12 for Hickey in the same draft we got Grundy with pick 18......

Happy ****ing Days.

Settle down, BP. Next thing you know, old mate Adam will be in to burn the joint down again...:eek:

Can we please... please give Kennedy a crack.

Deserves it more than Broomhead who has only played 1 good game this year at AFL level
I think he'll just miss, sounds like Seedsman was rested after being BOG to halftime for Port and maybe Greenwood if he's ok in the same boat

I think he'll just miss, sounds like Seedsman was rested after being BOG to halftime for Port and maybe Greenwood if he's ok in the same boat

Why even drop Seedsmen if you're just going to get him straight back in after playing a token half of VFL footy? Protect him from playing Hawthorn? :confused: Seedsman has been s**t in 2015, needs to string multiple BoG VFL games together to get a recall.

Yes I do .. We played for a top 4 spot last night against the back to back premiers of last year .. I was suprised to see Grundy playing Vfl. I checked the goal kickers from last night and didn't see Darcy with any goals by his name .. He played defence I'm guessing ., we need to rest swan white and Cloke next week and give the young guys a chance ..
Classic.

Must have been watching a different game because there was no way known imo he was close to bog to half time. Wasn't he still running around in the 3rd and last quarter???? I'm not sure about being rested, i think he was just quiet in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back