Round 13 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1595, pretty s**t, but came down to Boston (Me) vs SAAD (Him) in cash league. Thought he had me before SAAD got scaled back 7 points.

DRAW?!?! HAHAHA he'd be so pissed. My first draw. I'll take it considering he had 19 players and I had 17.

As most have said, planning for the byes is just pointless when you cop 4 guys out with injuries every week anyway.

But overall I guess the byes have been a small success. Managed to finish off my side and scored 1729 this week to get up to 14,166th.

Fingers crossed I can jump up a few more spots over the next couple of rounds while others are finishing off their sides. Feels like I've been ahead of that curve all season though and still can't catch up. Sad panda.

As most have said, planning for the byes is just pointless when you cop 4 guys out with injuries every week anyway.

But overall I guess the byes have been a small success. Managed to finish off my side and scored 1729 this week to get up to 14,166th.

Fingers crossed I can jump up a few more spots over the next couple of rounds while others are finishing off their sides. Feels like I've been ahead of that curve all season though and still can't catch up. Sad panda.
I think planning is essential. I avoided buddy, TMitch, JPK, due to my round 12 problems. Even for rd 13 I stayed away from those players because I was in trouble.

It also comes down to luck though. I fielded 18, 17, 19 over three three weeks. Had Amon, DMac, Heeney, Lever, Clark, Salem, on the the pine not playing for basically all of the byes, and I planned on these guys playing to maximize my scores, but it didn't work out as planned.

Say I did get buddy and TMitch, etc I would've been much worse off than I was. Planning is essential but you can't avoid the luck factor, planning only helps to ease the damage. With a bit of luck early on, I'd be well within the top 1k now, but I was hurt early by injuries, and even moreso by premiums being injured early in games and scoring sub 40s. I've been lucky lately to not be too smashed, and that has seen a significant rise in ranking.

I'll say it yet again, this game is 3/4 luck.

Last edited:
Is that Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

That's a top flick, so is Due Date which is a similar odd couple road movie.
Just watched Due Date Plugger35, not too bad, but PTA shits all over it

The dog masterbating in the back - LOL

Moved up to 5538th, my best ranking for the year and one of my best rankings in my SC career.

milos-o.gif

Well at least that loss doesn't affect your top 2 chances, we're both 2 games clear of KardiniaPark in 3rd even though he has a better overall ranking lol.

A BETTER overall ranking? A BETTER ONE? How about FIVE THOUSAND ******* PLACES YOU campaigner. EVERYONE CAN GET ****ed

It's hard. When your 6-7 weeks in and find yourself in the top 200 you will freak out that you have 10 players in R12, so you make every trade from then planning for R12 but you then find yourself way back because you have players you really don't want (ziebell) but you DO plan for them and you're 10,000th before the byes hoping to move up...it's a ******* cruel game haha.

I think planning is essential. I avoided buddy, TMitch, JPK, due to my round 12 problems. Even for rd 13 I stayed away from those players because I was in trouble.

It also comes down to luck though. I fielded 18, 17, 19 over three three weeks. Had Amon, DMac, Heeney, Lever, Clark, Salem, on the the pine not playing for basically all of the byes, and I planned on these guys playing to maximize my scores, but it didn't work out as planned.

Say I did get buddy and TMitch, etc I would've been much worse off than I was. Planning is essential but you can't avoid the luck factor, planning only helps to ease the damage. With a bit of luck early on, I'd be well within the top 1k now, but I was hurt early by injuries, and even moreso by premiums being injured early in games and scoring sub 40s. I've been lucky lately to not be too smashed, and that has seen a significant rise in ranking.

I'll say it yet again, this game is 3/4 luck.
Can't be said any better than this.
My SC year's picture painted like *in Picasso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1748 even with scores like Hodge (57), Mitchell (49), Franklin (54), Smith (64), Sloane (66), Dusty (62), Boston (54) and EYC (63).

What I want to know is how Saad only got 70 when he had 16 (6 contested) touches at 94% efficiency, 1 contested mark, 1 SA and 1 clanger. KK had 17 (3 contested) touches at 77% efficiency, 3 tackles, 2 FA, 0 contested marks, 1 SA and 4 clangers and got 82 :drunk:

It's hard. When your 6-7 weeks in and find yourself in the top 200 you will freak out that you have 10 players in R12, so you make every trade from then planning for R12 but you then find yourself way back because you have players you really don't want (ziebell) but you DO plan for them and you're 10,000th before the byes hoping to move up...it's a ******* cruel game haha.

Got stuck with Ziebs too. Killing me.

Was a Titch v Ziebs decision. Went Ziebs due to Byes.

Not sure of the exact point cost, but it'd be large.

I've navigated the Byes quite well though, went in at 136ish, came out at 83, using 6 trades and moving my team closer to being complete.

So I just looked at I've been ranked inside the top 1000 since round 5 now.

I went 2051, 1554 and 1610 over the byes. (No thanks to Bailey Dale and Dumont being sub, and Jordan Lewis continuously spudding it up).

Rank went from 209 > 130 after round 11, 130 > 355 after round 12 and 355 > 498 after round 13. The aim was to still be inside the top 500 so I guess I can't complain.

Went into the round with a projected score of 2021 and came out of it with a paltry 1653.
The internet cockup that left Martin stranded on my bench meant I didn't even get his 62 but got McIntosh's 34 instead. The there were Oxley, Hodge, Wallis, TMitchell, Franklin and to a lesser extent Simpson, Laird and Cripps all scoring well below their projected scores. In fact Parker and Fyfe were the only ones who got much past their projections.

Certainly not the week to be playing Raymagoo in the league where a projected 120 point upset win turned into a 200 point loss.

On the bright side I did somehow manage to go up 200 places in the rankings.

Before trades my projected score for next week is 2445. Hmmm, looks like a 1900 coming up.

Gained 500 places to be ranked 17k, Gray as C killed me in MBR 12. Injuries are killing me.
Scores over the byes, 1979, 1430, 1631. Bit disappointed with it all moment will be back
when I cheer up.:cry:

Dropped down from 378 to 416 after scoring only 1668. Very relieved, thought I would have dropped a lot more than 38 spots with that shitty score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back