Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasper and Jelwood to Bontempelli and Goddard leave me with $21K.

Which leaves Heath Shaw unattainable for me next week. I'd definitely trade Tarrant out, perhaps just downgrading him next week.

....you know, I'm kind of tempted to trade Robbie Gray out now.

If I traded Gray + Jelwood to Goddard + Bontempelli, I'd be left with $176K.

Round 14, I could trade Pittard and Tarrant via Steele fwd and McKenzie mid (176K + 391K + 290K = 857, 800) to Shaw and potentially Shaun Edwards.

Leaving 177,200 in the bank for Round 15.

Gray is expected to hit $510K according to Footywire, by which time I should be able to trade Lonie -> Gray with the 177 200 + another downgrade elsewhere.

....or is that getting too complicated and using too many trades? Will I put myself in a position where I can't get Gray or GAJ.

The points you miss from gray would make me say nope if it was me.

Find a cheaper goddard to finance heater.

Dons do play an angry hawks and are in disarray.

Id gamble on a fwd very few above you have if possible

The points you miss from gray would make me say nope if it was me.

Find a cheaper goddard to finance heater.

Dons do play an angry hawks and are in disarray.

Id gamble on a fwd very few above you have if possible

I think I've been looking at it all wrong, distracted trying to score so highly this round.

I end up with too many forwards if I bring in Goddard + Bont.

DEF: Hodge, Yeo, Ibbotson, Burgoyne, Smith -- need to add Shaw.
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane -- need to add one more, well priced Sidebottom or GAJ or Rocky, so many options quite nearby.
FOR: Gray, Martin, Swan, Deledio, Ziebell -- if I add Bont + Goddard I'm taking one too many.

That extra could sit in my midfield for a while, but it makes it much harder for me to buy Shaw and the extra midfielder that I need.

If I bring in Bontempelli and Shaun Edwards for Selwood and Pittard, I'll have $426, 500 remaining.

$426, 500 and Tarrant next week to Heath Shaw with $160,000 and 12 trades remaining.

Round 14:
DEF: Hodge, Ibbotson, Yeo, Smith, Shaw, Lever (Edwards, Hamling)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Burgoyne (McKenzie, Amon, Steele)
FOR: Gray, Martin, Swan, Deledio, Ziebell, Bontempelli (Lonie, Dale)

Loopholing Burgoyne and Steele, and any of my rookie defenders where possible.

As soon as affordable, I trade out one of Lever/Hamling/Edwards, subbing Burgoyne back to Defence and trade Lonie out, subbing Steele forward and bring in bottomed out Sidebottom. Pending his form, I use his price rise, + the slow growth in some other rookie to trade into GAJ once he lowers in price.

My apologies for filling this thread with my indecisivenss.

So, I'll probably end up a fairly long way away from the top score for the round, but, right now, I feel like I'm in contention for it. (1146/9 (C) - from Ibbotson, Fyfe (C), Neale, Pendlebury, Swan, Deledio, JPK, Parker and Dusty. Jacobs, Sloane, Dale, Burgoyne, Hodge, BSmith, Beams, Lonie and Hamling still to play.

In my head, it's still Jelwood and Pittard to Goddard and Bontompelli.

Jelwood and Pittard gives me $967, 700 to spend.

Through DPP I can buy 2 defenders, 2 mids or 2 forwards - or, of course 1 and 1 of anything.

Structurally, I feel that two forwards is best (if they're DPP, of course that's also ok, but not essential)

I'm pretty open to anything, but I like Goddard and Bontempelli in both the long and short term. Both have fairly high ceilings.

I've considered flipping Jelwood + Robbie Gray (BE 168) for maximum cash generation.

It would let me buy Bontempelli and Dangerfield, or Bontempelli and Steven.

The issue I have with that is, just because Danger or Steven average and cost more than Goddard, it doesn't mean they'll score more. So it could potentially mess my structure and lower my score.
My personal opinion is stay way from Bonts. I know I'm repeating myself but I see him running out of legs, although he does have the ability to score big quickly. Most have him, so not having him is a POD itself if he does indeed start running out of legs. If you started the year with him, kudos, but I wouldn't be rushing to trade him in.

What's your current team and cash in bank?

My personal opinion is stay way from Bonts. I know I'm repeating myself but I see him running out of legs, although he does have the ability to score big quickly. Most have him, so not having him is a POD itself if he does indeed start running out of legs. If you started the year with him, kudos, but I wouldn't be rushing to trade him in.

What's your current team and cash in bank?

upload_2015-6-27_10-57-50.png

I'm going out shortly. I need to make some decisions before the games start today.

I think if Shaun Edwards isn't the sub, I'll do Pittard + Selwood for Edwards + Bont -- unless I can be convinced of someone else.

I think Bont, at worst, will be suitable to transition into someone better. But there's not many around who are definitely better in the forward line. So at that price, it makes him a good buy, in my opinion.

View attachment 147288

I'm going out shortly. I need to make some decisions before the games start today.

I think if Shaun Edwards isn't the sub, I'll do Pittard + Selwood for Edwards + Bont -- unless I can be convinced of someone else.

I think Bont, at worst, will be suitable to transition into someone better. But there's not many around who are definitely better in the forward line. So at that price, it makes him a good buy, in my opinion.
Selwood -> Shaw via McKenzie
Pittaard to Edwards
Tarrant to anyone. Dollhouse would be a fantastic POD for you, otherwise Goddard.

Leaves your Backline, Rucks and Forwards complete with one MID to go. Yeo can hold M8 for now.

Later down the track, you can cull a back rookie for a Premo MID via Yeo.

View attachment 147288

selwood --- lambert
tarrant --->bonts for mine
dale lonie tarrant bottom 3 forwards.
1 up completes forwards and you will have a massive nest egg.

Pittaard to Edwards
Tarrant to anyone. Dollhouse would be a fantastic POD for you, otherwise Goddard.

Leaves your Backline, Rucks and Forwards complete with one MID to go. Yeo can hold M8 for now.

But I'm better to hold Shaw off until next week.

Maybe I could afford Selwood + Pittard to Edwards + Dahlhaus and then Tarrant + Lever/Hamling to Shaw next week.

Pittaard to Edwards

Shaw has bye this week tho

Maybe I could afford Selwood + Pittard to Edwards + Dahlhaus and then Tarrant + Lever/Hamling to Shaw next week.

Jiska

Doing the above this week leaves me with $310, 300

310, 300 + Tarrant 290, 200 = Shaw with $43,800 and 12 trades remaining.

Then I have Lonie + Hamling + Lever + Steele to slowly increase into GAJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittaard to Edwards

Shaw has bye this week tho
True that. Can just leave that trade until next week and just do the other two this week.

You don't have to do three trades just because you can. Think long term, not one week at a time.

The trade you save will be better down the track than using to grab 50 odd points this week on a spud you'll just gave to trade out again later.

True that. Can just leave that trade until next week and just do the other two this week.

You don't have to do three trades just because you can. Think long term, not one week at a time.

The trade you save will be better down the track than using to grab 50 odd points this week on a spud you'll just gave to trade out again later.

I've done KMac to BSmith already.

I can feel comfortable bringing Dahlhaus + Shaw in in the next two weeks.

If Edwards fails, it's not a big deal because I think Hamling/Lever/McKenzie are reasonable anyway.

I can feel comfortable bringing Dahlhaus + Shaw in in the next two weeks.

If Edwards fails, it's not a big deal because I think Hamling/Lever/McKenzie are reasonable anyway.

By all accounts the top team is struggling to field 18 this week and has started very poorly. ..

This could be the week to make up 350+ points

By all accounts the top team is struggling to field 18 this week and has started very poorly. ..

This could be the week to make up 350+ points

Absolutely.

350 would be amazing, I don't think it will be that much though.
Buddy being suspended would also force him to trade or, probably a donut for him with McInnes and some other WCE guy on his fwd bench.

And due to his Bye strategy, which has been shifting sideways rather than upgrading, he's burnt (expected) 9 trades, but will still have a bunch of rookies on his ground. I think I counted 5 when I last checked?

Oxley, Saad, McIntosh (brown on bench) + Tarrant and Krakour.

Looking at it now, he could sub Titch down to the forwards, but doesn't help much if Buddy is rubbed out.

The guys in some real trouble.

Not so much from me, I might be into the top 150 at the end of this round. But he's in some real trouble from those immediately challenging him.

IMO that's a mistake, for reasons already given, but too late.

At this stage of the season it's not just about the teams above you, it's about the 100 teams behind you too - don't lose sight of that. There's still 10 rounds left. I feel you need to be proactive rather than reactive.

IMO that's a mistake, for reasons already given, but too late.

At this stage of the season it's not just about the teams above you, it's about the 100 teams behind you too - don't lose sight of that. There's still 10 rounds left. I feel you need to be proactive rather than reactive.

It's interesting mate, we all speculate about the best moves and feel like we know it all, but it's all pot luck.

Had the recommendation made to bring in Buddy, said he'd suit me better as an anti-POD. Now he's tanked his score and is likely to be out for 2-3 weeks.

In a similar way, I bought Rockliff in when he was dirt cheap, boom. Broken ribs. On other occasions you get it right.

Smith should make his way to $400K and, as I have a lot of trades I can upgrade him then if he's not looking good.

Went Mckenzie to Edwards to get me an 18th man and 86k.

Dumb trade? I get the feeling Mckenzie will be back next week but it was either him or lever

It's interesting mate, we all speculate about the best moves and feel like we know it all, but it's all pot luck.

Had the recommendation made to bring in Buddy, said he'd suit me better as an anti-POD. Now he's tanked his score and is likely to be out for 2-3 weeks.

In a similar way, I bought Rockliff in when he was dirt cheap, boom. Broken ribs. On other occasions you get it right.

Smith should make his way to $400K and, as I have a lot of trades I can upgrade him then if he's not looking good.

You've probably said this already this week, but what rank are you again?

Had the recommendation made to bring in Buddy, said he'd suit me better as an anti-POD.

In a similar way, I bought Rockliff in when he was dirt cheap, boom.

Maybe. Maybe not. Far from a certainty. My point is that when you're in the position you're in, safe trading is the key, not risks. Those risky trades are made to get to the point you're at at this stage of the year, not to maintain and improve it. Let those above you make the risky calls while you make the blue chip investments. The risky trades can just as easily backfire, and have more than of doing so, than making safer trades. At least that's my opinion.

Of course it's all pot luck, but it's like the stock market. You search for those speculative companies, and you may fluke a big gain, but more often than not you'll earn more money long term investing in blue chip options.

Stay away from KPFs is my rule. Buddy is a no go zone for me. I've always said that year after year on here.

Rocky was a good trade at the time, regardless of the eventual outcome.

Maybe. Maybe not. Far from a certainty. My point is that when you're in the position you're in, safe trading is the key, not risks. Those risky trades are made to get to the point you're at at this stage of the year, not to maintain and improve it. Let those above you make the risky calls while you make the blue chip investments. The risky trades can just as easily backfire, and have more than of doing so, than making safer trades. At least that's my opinion.

Stay away from KPFs is my rule. Buddy is a no go zone for me. I've always said that year after year on here.

Rocky was a good trade at the time, regardless of the eventual outcome

KMac to Smith was an almost straight swap. Taking the cheaper BSmith and Shaun Edwards allows me blue chips in Dahlhaus (this week) and Shaw (for Tarrant) next week.

There's no defender screaming out to me to be picked. I've had Hodge since Rnd 1, held him through his suspension. Got the red hot Ibbotson.

Shaw has been a must get for me for a while. But who else?

I've avoided the Tom McDonald temptation. If I was spending big I wanted Houli. Picken and Simpson are the only other guys I could have considered over Smith, but they'd take me 4-5 weeks before I'd have the cash and I'd be juggling scores between Hamling/Lever/McKenzie/KMac. I can go Smith to Picken or Simpson in 5 weeks if he's not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back