AFL Autopsy Round 14: 110 point loss to St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the guys from the VFL, Kav appears to lack disposal skills, O'Brien got a few possessions but would/could not chase, Steinberg found it hard to adjust to the pace and was given no chance by lack of pressure on the ball coming into the forward line, Jackson Merrett is an AFL player.

Wan't it Bomber that mentored Hird, said we need to get bigger and stronger? Vouched for Robinson and his techniques and switched Hurley back and killed any forward work we had.

The bottom line is Hird, Bomber and a whole host of experienced and the most expensive team coaching panel assembled hasn't been able to get these soft utensils to play any better than they have. Problem is not with the coaches.

Problem is with Stanton, Dempsey, Zaka and a whole host of others not having the toughness or mental ability to succeed at this level. Add the decline of Watson, Goddard and kids that are not up to it Kav, NOB, Steinberg and we have a team that can barely compete.
jeez, why don't you tell us what you really think..

Wan't it Bomber that mentored Hird, said we need to get bigger and stronger? Vouched for Robinson and his techniques and switched Hurley back and killed any forward work we had.

The bottom line is Hird, Bomber and a whole host of experienced and the most expensive team coaching panel assembled hasn't been able to get these soft utensils to play any better than they have. Problem is not with the coaches.

Problem is with Stanton, Dempsey, Zaka and a whole host of others not having the toughness or mental ability to succeed at this level. Add the decline of Watson, Goddard and kids that are not up to it Kav, NOB, Steinberg and we have a team that can barely compete.
Bomber didn't mentor Hird because Hird does not listen.

Watson must be injured...

This was his 200th game.... did any player bother congratulating him or playing for his occasion.

This was his 200th game.... did any player bother congratulating him or playing for his occasion.
I reckon there is a chance Hird will resign, for the good of the club and all that .... an outside chance but I reckon it might be there. He must see the effect this Drugs rubbish is having and must see that in some ways he represents that at the club. If he doesn't resign let him see out his contract.

Don't be selective, he listened to him when he suggested Robinson.

its easy to find a scapegoat for the performance when the reality is there are about 10 guys who can't cut it at AFL level in 2015

So ******* what, that's nothing to write home about, he has been rubbish all year, got dropped to the VFL and all he did was tackle, you know what that means? He didn't have the ball. Why he was put back in I will never know, and to make him sub is even more mind boggling.

Just surprised you would single out Howlett when its Jobe Goddard Stanton and the rest of our leaders that aren't performing.

IN: Dalgleish, Laverde, Hocking, Browne, Giles
OUT: Dempsey (forever), Cooney, Melksham, N'OB, one of gwilt/steinberg
SUB: Howlett

Worst game I've been to in a long long time. Only the 11th time we've lost by 100 or more. Hooker, Heppell & Hibberd earned a paycheck, not many others. Looked disinterested and slow.

Goddard is toxic at the moment...

Jobe needs a cup of cement...

Most of our played kids are duds except for the Zerret

Hird is so far out of his depth right now he has shut down like a defensive kid and is stuck in a generic quote loop...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just surprised you would single out Howlett when its Jobe Goddard Stanton and the rest of our leaders that aren't performing.

I pointed out the fact he shouldn't have even been selected, they finally dropped him after weeks of rubbish and then put him straight back in, I just don't understand why?

How about, "at least we're still Essendon and we know we'll be back"?
Because we've been nowhere for over 10 years and it doesn't look like changing any time soon.

sheedy got us out of the 70s rut...and put us right back in there at the end of his stint...imo
True enough.... the way he went put us on the wrong track too i think, hird and bomber combo was the rescue party....They screwed it up further with the drugs then asada hit, now wada has hit..... any wonder we are down for the count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back