Discussion Round 14, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

hitthepost I respect your stance and consider your argument to have serious weight behind it, but the still guernsey images aren't numbered/given a full 360 view.

The Port/Hawthorn unnumbered replicas would be almost indistinguishable from a distance; testament to the importance of the gold in the overall guernsey make up.
It'd be great if the JUMPERS stood out from each other, not the stripes ON the jumpers :)

Of course, yeah. I think we can all agree on the fact that matchday strips require much more careful consideration by the AFL.

lol, can't see an issue here:
XyqFubN.png
oiL1gom.png

Gold_Home_zps79d31608.png
oDOWl5o.png

WestCoast_Away3_zpsb2819812.png
oiL1gom.png

Richmond_Home_zps197d5ca1.png
oiL1gom.png

Port_Home_zpsffa20395.png
oiL1gom.png

GWS_Home_zps5b618f1a.png
oiL1gom.png

Hawks and GWS is too close IMO, not enough contrast between Orange and Gold. The rest are fine.

Of course, if GWS did the logical thing and made their back charcoal (permanently), there wouldn't be an issue and their jumper would rock!
I like the orange back. A nearly-all charcoal guernsey would be a bit boring as a main jumper. I mean, charcoal!?!
Just like with the WCE Tri-Panel, don't wear the colours on the jumper - no blak/brown/grey/navy or red/orange/yellow against GWS, and you don't have issues :)

I like the orange back. A nearly-all charcoal guernsey would be a bit boring as a main jumper. I mean, charcoal!?!
Just like with the WCE Tri-Panel, don't wear the colours on the jumper - no blak/brown/grey/navy or red/orange/yellow against GWS, and you don't have issues :)
Orange all the way. Too many dark-based teams as it is. I'd even advocate orange shorts. Maybe lose the white G while they're at it. A total re-design in other words :p

To clarify my comments, I think the current GWS jumper looks hideous with the orange black and changing it to charcoal would fix the issue without needing to completely redesign their jumper. (I put this in the same category as the Swans jumper, where I think a white back would be better for them as well). I agree that GWS should make orange their primary colour and redesign their jumper around that. But I also think if they just remove the G and wear orange shorts it will look just as stupid as it currently does.

Hey AFL, we've got these wonderful things called yellow footballs...they're really useful in darker conditions as they actually show up clearly so the main object of the game stands out :)

Hey AFL, we've got these wonderful things called yellow footballs...they're really useful in darker conditions as they actually show up clearly so the main object of the game stands out :)
The WAFL use yellow balls each game. Is there any need for red balls at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WAFL use yellow balls each game. Is there any need for red balls at all?
In this day and age, not really. Red doesn't show up well in the shadows, doesn't show up well under packs, doesn't show up well when it's dreary...
This game most of the time it's a darkish spot on the screen.

The object of the game is the ball, and it shows up the least of everything on the field apart from the other object, the posts.

In this day and age, not really. Red doesn't show up well in the shadows, doesn't show up well under packs, doesn't show up well when it's dreary...
This game most of the time it's a darkish spot on the screen.

The object of the game is the ball, and it shows up the least of everything on the field apart from the other object, the posts.

To be honest all this s**t about Red balls and Yellow balls needs to come to an end! I was watching the last 5 minutes of Port v Crows and the last 5 minutes there was NO day light left. So in this case you would think they would of used a yellow ball but they didn't. Now I think that the red ball should be used in ALL types of the day or night because it shows up just as good at night than at day. The ball looks great under lights and that is the utter truth !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back