CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
2031 with Boomer and Ward to come. Not sure if par or not, had Langdon (15), Dahl and Hanley.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Zorko.. what the *
Rockliff.. what a champion

Miles and Stefan came into the side this week, couldnt get bigger ticks from me

Hibberd cracked the ton for the first time in ages!!

Simpson, Montagna, Riewoldt and Boomer to come tommorrow. Cant wait

1957/18+C

Boomer (Pred 114)
Joey (Pred 99)
Simmo (Pred 100)
Roo (Pred 90)

If I could get 2352, I would be ecstatic.

Last edited:

Anzac16

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Central Districts
well thats an impressive team. How far off 1st place in the overall are you? Anyway, would love to see your starting team and trades at the end of the year. I seriously need some coaching on this.

Cheers mate. Around 800 points I think at the moment. Pretty hard to come back from that. Would like a Top 100 place from here ideally.

Starting team was pretty basic. Picked a few unique players like Jaensch, Jacobs straight away when everyone was looking elsewhere is always helpful. Taking the risk with running Tyson, Macrae and Shiels as well payed off. Only advice I can give at the start of the year is too look for players who's role has changed (like Jaensch) and player's who are underpriced (Shiels, Jacobs). If you want to see the full team feel free to PM me (don't want to clog up the thread).

Advice for trades, especially at this stage of the year, is too look at who you are trading out and what points they will deliver per week, compared to who you are trading. Try to maximise this every week whilst planning ahead as best you can.

For instance my trades this week -

Riewoldt (expect around 85 per week given current form) -> Martin (was expecting around 85-90) Makes you 140k out of the trade for the same output, plus Martin's DPP status, easy trade.

Langford (Not even playing) -> Smith (expect around 90-95 average, someone who provides a heap of run off half back and can swing through the middle).

Next week I'll be looking at Derickx down to Thurlow which frees up around 175k, then have options to make trades elsewhere depending on injuries. If no injuries, then maybe Dahlhaus up to Boomer.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Loving it !! 2217 with boomer and simpson today
I would like to say a special thanks to rocky goddard the hoff and cox for letting me trade him to stefan martin last week as my 2nd ruckman now

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Which team would you guys rather be?

221 pnts + Luke McDonald, Marc Murphy VS Kade Simpson, Leigh Montagna and Shane Mumford?

Do you think I'm a chance? On the left. Joey and Kade can go big on their day but is that today. Montagna owes me big time. And Mummy can score the 120's

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
Cheers mate. Around 800 points I think at the moment. Pretty hard to come back from that. Would like a Top 100 place from here ideally.

Starting team was pretty basic. Picked a few unique players like Jaensch, Jacobs straight away when everyone was looking elsewhere is always helpful. Taking the risk with running Tyson, Macrae and Shiels as well payed off. Only advice I can give at the start of the year is too look for players who's role has changed (like Jaensch) and player's who are underpriced (Shiels, Jacobs). If you want to see the full team feel free to PM me (don't want to clog up the thread).

I hate you :p For the past three years I have started with the promising mid-pricers and every year virtually all have failed, while the guns-and-rookies teams have gone on to high ranks. This year I go guns-and-rookies and it's the year the mid-pricers actually work. :rolleyes:

Anzac16

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Central Districts
I hate you :p For the past three years I have started with the promising mid-pricers and every year virtually all have failed, while the guns-and-rookies teams have gone on to high ranks. This year I go guns-and-rookies and it's the year the mid-pricers actually work. :rolleyes:

I've had my fair share of fails with midpricers over the last 2 years as well. Had Harper, Z.Smith and Karnezis last year which failed massively and all got traded out quick smart. This year Caddy was really the only midpricer that failed for me, just got offset that everyone had him anyway.

It's always hard to pick, thankfully with 2 trades each week you can correct your starting midpricers pretty quickly.

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I'm happy I kept Wright. He has been a good Midpricer despite a few rounds.

So my two trades netted me 228 points and I still made money from it overall too. Ka-ching!

Also the one time I don't have Kade Simpson is finally paying off - too bad I was stupid enough to not have him for the other games leading up to this.

-3 at quarter time, on track for a record breaking -12 for the game!!!

Holy crap! Leigh Montagna a late out.

I'm think I'm going to win my tight league game - was only 5 points up overnight with me having Nick Riewoldt and Jack Darling vs Kade Simpson and Leigh Montagna. Thank you Dream Team Gods/Goddesses!

Edit - Cameron Shenton is their emergency. Keep spudding it up Simmo and stay down Shenton.

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Im sick of AFL Fantasy the week I rely on Montagna he is a late out. Not one time this season I have had the DT gods on my side but most of you'se on here get the DT gods working upon your favour every week. Probably the worst season of DT I have ever played. And my team isn't that bad...

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Whats the point of simpson and bugg being on the field what a waste of two players... 2 disposals between them

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Simpson is cooked and needs to be traded out ASAP. Most overrated DT defender this year

Back