Review Round 14 - Fremantle d Brisbane by 36 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
* this wet weather football! Thankfully the rain went - and we saw a semblance of the power team we knew from the first 7 rounds in the 4th quarter.

Liked
- Seeing our dry weather quick ball movement towards the end
- the boys lifting in the last and scoring goals again
- Alex Pearce - sign him up!
- D Pearce - this would've been an emotional weekend, but he fronted up and did reasonably well
- Pav's back in the goal kicking column
- Walters rolling on with the bags
- no injuries

Didn't Like
- trying to play dry weather footy in the wet even after playing in the wet for the last 4 weeks and knowing the plan doesn't fricking work
- our goal kicking. We should've killed the game in the second, and burning three sitters from right in front is just not acceptable vs better opposition
- hard slog in the wet -- don't like our chances next week, we always don't pull up well after a slog

Last quarter somewhat redeemed the shocking 3 quarters that preceded it. We've gone from being the best wet weather side to one of the worst and it's more than just Barlow playing a different role.

Spurry was bloody brilliant all game, might be a genuine AA contender now.

Positives
- Spurr - continued his great year.
- Mayne 15+ tackles - great.
- Walters - Silk
- Defense - held together.
- We are 12-1

Negatives
- No efficiency going forward.
- Even though we are 12-1, I feel as though we are playing poorly

Dislike: Matthew Leuenberger getting away with ruck infringements but somehow we get pinged.

This!!!

Dislike: Matthew Leuenberger getting away with ruck infringements but somehow we get pinged.
Dislike: Mitch Robinson

So frustrated that he was doing all sorts of unsociable things to Fyfey and getting away with it.

Oh, more likes:
- 36 point win even when Fyfe kept very quiet.
- Scoring even without Fyfe being moved forward
- you can't tag them all

Reality is that wet weather is normally an incredible equaliser. Just see Richmond v GWS yesterday. As soon as it got a bit drier, Freo showed the offensive power they had in the first 7 games of the year and ran out the game very strong. I'm happy with how we are travelling.

Reality is that wet weather is normally an incredible equaliser. Just see Richmond v GWS yesterday. As soon as it got a bit drier, Freo showed the offensive power they had in the first 7 games of the year and ran out the game very strong. I'm happy with how we are travelling.
In this regard I wouldn't have minded if it was a wet slog next week.

This would be the first time someone has successfully tagged Fyfe since Langford got a hold of him against the Hawks last year.
Robinson was scragging and holding him out of all the stoppages and Suban was the only one going across to Fyfe to get him clear and put pressure on Mitch.

One more like: Fyfe wearing the tag well, and not having any brain fades despite all the scragging. Stilling track for a Brownlow - if Ablett doesn't head him! ;)

This would be the first time someone has successfully tagged Fyfe since Langford got a hold of him against the Hawks last year.
Robinson was scragging and holding him out of all the stoppages and Suban was the only one going across to Fyfe to get him clear and put pressure on Mitch.

D Pearce tried too. Gave away a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last quarter somewhat redeemed the shocking 3 quarters that preceded it.
Spurry was bloody brilliant all game, might be a genuine AA contender now.
Damn bandwagoner. Where have you been all season? :)

As I said before, wet weather is an equaliser. Look at Richmond vs an injury decimated GWS yesterday.
Comparisons to Richmond?

The pollyannas of this board are running out of material.

Don't know why they didn't just play Fyfe at CHF when that happened.

And I hope you are running out of constant negativity.
I hope so too. The form of late against shite opposition hasn't given me much home, but beat the Hawks and I'm back on board.

This may the verging on heresy, and at the risk of public humiliation I'll say it anyway....

Stoppages have turned from being our strength to our weakness.

First 3/4 of the game today we couldn't turn getting first hands on the ball into open possession and quick clean forward ball movement. So many hack kicks and snaps around the body that just went to another contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back